★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Race Chupa Chuck on a fast paced high-octane roller coaster ride around the world!
Zoom along the rails chomping Chupa Chups to gain speed and uncover the mystery of sweet rides!
Remember to beat the clock and try not to suck in this FULL VERSION GAME!

*Full version game - speed along the roller coaster's of the world in highly detailed levels
*Customisable Coasters - mix and match over 20 different cars to create your custom roller coaster
*Secret Sweet Rides - discover unique Sweet Rides by combining different coaster cars
*Available for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad in HD!

pachinkopix's comments:
Hey everybody, this is my first post here.
I'm a developer based in Melbourne Australia, and mainly work as an animator and artist. Our little indie studio just finished a game called LolACoaster (Universal App). We got funding from Chupa Chups to make a game, like the Gremlin guys who made Zool back in the early 1990s. I wanted to make a super fast game like Zool, but for iOS style play. The game is totally free to download on the app store.

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game has only recently come out, and we haven't had much feedback so would love to hear what you think.
Enjoy the game!
Dave
01-18-2012, 10:18 PM
The last two links don't work. FYI. However, I searched it in the AppStore and am downloading it now. Vid looked pretty cool.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Played it. Did not like that you can't 100% a level. Looks great tho.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
01-18-2012, 10:30 PM

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
01-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Hey, nice work on this! A very pleasant surprise -- mission accomplished on making it fast and fun.
01-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Omg I LOVED ZOOL
I don't know if that was an Aussie thing or if zool was popular everywhere but damn it was awesome. I used to beg my brother to play it when I was like 11.

Anywhooo going to download it now , will leave review on iTunes
I hope it's universal..
01-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to pachinkopix
Thanks!

Thanks for all the awesome compliments everyone! I was so totally into Zool as a kid/teenager. The three main guys including myself who made Lol-a-Coaster have all been working in games/animation between 10-15 years, but this is our first iOS game. We wanted to make something that has the feel of Zool/Parodius/Pop n' Twinbee/Fantasy Zone/Nights and so on. Colourful and fun and fast!
01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
Omg I LOVED ZOOL
I don't know if that was an Aussie thing or if zool was popular everywhere but damn it was awesome. I used to beg my brother to play it when I was like 11.

Anywhooo going to download it now , will leave review on iTunes
I hope it's universal..
Yeah! I grew up in the UK and Zool was MASSIVE -- almost equal to Mario and Sonic and the mascot for Amiga/Computer games generally. I would love to have the chance to resurrect the franchise -- I think you could do some super awesome things with the character and world.
01-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
The last two links don't work. FYI. However, I searched it in the AppStore and am downloading it now. Vid looked pretty cool.
Thanks for the note about the link -- I corrected it. Hope you enjoy the game!
01-19-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm also super happy to answer developer questions regarding the game if anyone is curious about how it was built/art pipeline, that sort of stuff.