★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What's up with the quick price drops?

11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
What's up with the quick price drops?

Just bought Armado yesterday & it already dropped by $2.00...Alot of the games drop the same day they post. I guess i'm just bitching because when i see a game i like, i buy it. My problem, i guess. Just wish there was a time limit on changing prices, like if you want the game & it's too expensive, knowing it will drop after, say, 30 days.

Does this make any sense? Do I?

Probobly not...

Oh, well.
11-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah you make sense, and so does your post.
I bought SPiN when it first came out and it has only been on it's original price for a few weeks, but in this case I feel happy about supporting the developer who took the time to come to the TouchArcade forums.

But in general, I won't purchase a game on the first day unless it's at an introduction price of $0,99, if it's any more than that there's a good chance the price will drop and you could have saved a few bucks. And for those bucks, you could have purchased other games!

I mean, I'm glad that there are people on this forum who purchase games right away so that there can be discussion, but I'm being more careful on how I spend my money.

Stefan

11-14-2008, 03:12 PM
We dropped our price in part because of this thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=1094

haha
11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
yeah i will now wait a month to get any game that is $4.99 or over, because of course by then its price will have dropped...

damn you Armado developers (just kidding)
11-14-2008, 03:22 PM
yeah i think its crap too
im getting sick of the tricky softwares and touch soft
places pulling this crap
it isnt fair and i think pisses off a lot of people
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaswills View Post
We dropped our price in part because of this thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=1094

haha
It brought you one new customer at least - me.
11-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
It brought you one new customer at least - me.
haha, it brought a lot of new customers, sales doubled :-D
11-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
well thats why i dont buy apps that fast... im gonna keep waiting, with the influx of new games this season, devs will be pressured to lower their prices...
11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Quick Price drops!!!

YA, I'm not sure what to make of this especially with the apps that change price within 24 hours! I pretty much fight the urge now after I made the mistake of "impulse" buying a few times. It's hard though seeing something you want but having to wait to buy it, but on the other hand we haven't had to wait very long with some of the apps lately.
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I've been thinking about this for awhile and ya... it pisses me off as a developer and a consumer. If we as a developer want to get a lot of sales we need popularity so we lower the price.... but then we lose money.

As a consumer, ya... why would you want to buy a game knowing the price would change? If it is high you wait for it to go low to buy it... and if you don't buy it when it's low and it goes up you regret not buying it...

Still thinking of how to handle the pricing for our next game... perhaps introduction pricing for a defined week or so, and let people know when and what it will go up to. Does this sound fair to consumers?