★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Squids! - $1.99 --> $0.99 (Universal)

01-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Squids! - $1.99 --> $0.99 (Universal)

This just looks so good, figured why not give it a shot!
01-19-2012, 01:01 AM

01-19-2012, 07:56 AM
So glad I picked this one up yesterday. I noticed the price drop in my App Shopper wish list and almost shrugged it off with all the other game happenings going on on iOS. But after watching a couple of videos, I had to check it out. I couldn't stop smiling as I was playing it. The music and visuals just add so much to the gameplay. It's a great mix of casual and strategy gameplay. So happy I didn't pass on this little gem.
01-19-2012, 08:08 AM
One of the best and polished TBS on iOS A must-have for everyone as it's still beatable with IAPs if you do suck, but also beatable without IAP as you earn lots of pearls still, no need to even grind mostly.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-19-2012, 11:51 AM
I guess its a good game if you're 3 years old. I bought it a couple months ago and it was so boring/kiddish, I think I played it for about 10 minutes in total.
So yeah, I'd suggest you look at gameplay videos before you decide to buy it.
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Grab this game if you like turn base strategy game with "angry birds" mechanics (for attacking). There's a lot of strategy in the order you want your heroes to attack in, their moving range, attacking range, grabbing power ups and using the environment to your advantage.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Yay, squids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuser View Post
I guess its a good game if you're 3 years old. I bought it a couple months ago and it was so boring/kiddish, I think I played it for about 10 minutes in total.
Lol. Only 10 minutes and you make such an accusation?

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Still on the fence with this one. I hate RPGs, never played a TBS before but love the artwork haha. I better make a decision soon before the sale ends...

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
01-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuser View Post
Don't normally like to throw bones at trolls, but the irony should be pointed out that your post is definitely more childish than this game. If you're too manly to enjoy Squids, that's a shame. But it's a fun game, regardless of age. If you're looking for "dudebro," then yeah, this probably isn't for you.