Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-19-2012, 06:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Sanuku for real man you are member of the freakin year ...all BS aside...thanx....(smashing buy anyhow!)

Yes, I don't understand why touchArcade stoff doesn't hire him and pay him for his great video work!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 AM

I'm at work so I don't have time to give detailed impressions, so let me just say this: as far as I'm concerned, last night was an epic new-games night, with some really great releases vying for attention. But this is the game that kept me up till 2am, and the one I went for during my commute. IMO, easily the best of the Kemco games we've seen so far, and potentially among the best JRPGs on iOS (and yes, I'm counting SE's titles). I'm only 2 hours into it, so these are early impressions, but so far I'm very impressed.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Yes, I don't understand why touchArcade stoff doesn't hire him and pay him for his great video work!
Because he's just doing it and they dont have to pay him.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Getting it as we speak. I`ll upload the usual Feedback about it as soon as I will be back from Work.
sanuku... i feel like we'd all go crazy without you thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I'm at work so I don't have time to give detailed impressions, so let me just say this: as far as I'm concerned, last night was an epic new-games night, with some really great releases vying for attention. But this is the game that kept me up till 2am, and the one I went for during my commute. IMO, easily the best of the Kemco games we've seen so far, and potentially among the best JRPGs on iOS (and yes, I'm counting SE's titles). I'm only 2 hours into it, so these are early impressions, but so far I'm very impressed.
oh my... don't get my hopes up. this is the only Kemco game that looked interesting to me (didn't get the others). i base my thoughts on art/presentation/gameplay. i am disappointed there's no character sprites for battle but if you say it's THAT good there must be something special. if you get time, please tell us what you liked about it!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:

Damn, you've sold me!
I refuse reading your posts in the future.

And Sanuku: we love you! In a platonic way, of course!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Because he's just doing it and they dont have to pay him.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 PM

A quick note: I'll be putting together a more detailed set of impressions sometime tonight. Got a chance to go a little further at lunch today, and the game just keeps getting better. For those watching Sanaku's video, keep in mind that this game has a pretty classic JRPG structure, which means that it doesn't really get going until about hour 2 or 3. Not that it's boring before that, but you really are just scratching the surface up to that point.

Also, there's a bunny (!) in the game that's one of the best characters I've encountered in an RPG in ages.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
A quick note: I'll be putting together a more detailed set of impressions sometime tonight. Got a chance to go a little further at lunch today, and the game just keeps getting better. For those watching Sanaku's video, keep in mind that this game has a pretty classic JRPG structure, which means that it doesn't really get going until about hour 2 or 3. Not that it's boring before that, but you really are just scratching the surface up to that point.

Also, there's a bunny (!) in the game that's one of the best characters I've encountered in an RPG in ages.

Oh well, here we go:

I have to admit, Squarezero was completely right!
While Kemco's other games felt a little generic and put together, this one feels different. It seems that Kemco finally found their own style in graphics, storytelling and sound. It feels complete, like carved from one single stone.
Nice story, loveable characters and a good UI.
The translation is, for JRPG standards, well done.
The graphics are clear and crisp and the fonts very good readable.
This is clearly one of the better AppStore JRPGs, Kemco climbed a few steps on the development ladder.
I dunno if this is better than ASH II (that's difficult), but I have to play both games more.

Today is a great day for JRPG-fans.

Satisfied, Squarezero?

Last edited by Vovin; 01-19-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Oh well, here we go:

I have to admit, Squarezero was completely right!
While Kemco's other games felt a little generic and put together, this one feels different. It seems that Kemco finally found their own style in graphics, storytelling and sound. It feels complete, like carved from one single stone.
Nice story, loveable characters and a good UI.
The translation is, for JRPG standards, well done.
The graphics are clear and crisp and the fonts very good readable.
This is clearly one of the better AppStore JRPGs, Kemco climbed a few steps on the development ladder.
I dunno if this is better than ASH II (that's difficult), but I have to play both games more.

Today is a great day for JRPG-fans.

Satisfied, Squarezero?
Yep!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

With squarezero and Vovin's praises, it's going to be hard for me to steer clear of this game even though I just recently started Symphony of Eternity.

I enjoyed Alphadia and haven't scratched the surface of SoE, which so far has been a bit bland, but I probably haven't gotten far enough into it.

So, is the consensus that this is that much better than SoE that maybe I should skip it and dive into this instead?

I'm playing through Ash again as well partly because I don't have the room for Ash II on my device and wanted a refresher. But this has me curious now too.