★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Twitter and Facebook Integration

01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Twitter and Facebook Integration

Hi respectable developer comminuty,

We are thinking of integrating facebook as well as twitter sdks into our apps to enable players share info with the help of those social networks (never did this before).

And we'd love to hear opinions of experienced developers on the following:

Do you think the new functions can considerably increase informational buzz around the app? and increase sales accordingly? Can somebody boast examples of his apps?

Thank you for your attention!

Unleash yourself with Zepi:Classic HD and KissIsland by OstinGames

Follow us on Twitter
01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I am not a developer but I recommend a book I know because I have translated it into Spanish:

Beginning iOS Apps with Facebook and Twitter APIs by Chriss Dannen

http://www.apress.com/9781430235422
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OstinGames View Post
Hi respectable developer comminuty,

We are thinking of integrating facebook as well as twitter sdks into our apps to enable players share info with the help of those social networks (never did this before).

And we'd love to hear opinions of experienced developers on the following:

Do you think the new functions can considerably increase informational buzz around the app? and increase sales accordingly? Can somebody boast examples of his apps?

Thank you for your attention!
They certainly won't hurt. Giving easy ways for player who like your game and want to tell people about it increases 'viralability' (A word I just made up meaning the odds of the game going viral)

HOWEVER! (there's always a however), don't expect it to do wonders. Be happy if it does but don't expect it. Our game Pickpawcket has had over 100k installs, but only 1530 shares. Probably 200-300 of them are Loopycube and their family/friends.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud Matches Gaming with a side of Matchmaking!
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And more!