App description: Reviews

* App-score.com 8/10 provides a nice change from a lot of app store games.
* Tapmag.co.uk 8/10 The Lighthouse HD leads the fleet when it comes to atmospheric gameplay.
* iReviewT.com - A Rated - The most original line-drawing concept in the AppStore
* Pocketgamer.co.uk - Bronze award 7/10 - ...a visually impressive and much needed twist on the classic line-drawing genre
* padgadget.com - 4/5 - The graphics and the music combine to create a fantastic
game atmosphere
* AppZapp.co.uk - 4/5
* toucharcade.com - 7/10 Recommended
* Handheldarcade.com - Unique approach... brilliantly done.

The Lighthouse HD. A uniquely atmospheric game of ships, collision avoidance, sea monsters and fog. Forget the line-drawing games of the past, and Follow the Light!

As darkness falls, the storm ravaged seas begin to swell, and the fog closes in. Only the sentinel Lighthouse, with its guiding light, stands against the elements and fearsome creatures of the deep.

Use the light to guide the myriad vessels to safety. These range from small, fast moving speedboats and luxury yachts, to cruisers and mega tankers. Avoid collisions with other vessels, rocks, mines and whirlpools! Drive back the pervasive fog, before it envelops everything!

Creatures that haunt the abyssal depths will rise to prey on the unwary! Huge Megalodon sharks and colossal squid will hunt your vessels! Spectral ghost ships and alluring Sirens will drive them onto the rocks! Fight back with flares, warning buoys and foghorn blasts! Hunt down the fabled Kraken with cannons and depth charges!

Do you have what it takes to guide the ships to safety? Can you survive through the night, or will the fearsome denizens of the deep, drag your ships down to the crushing depths... The Lighthouse. A uniquely atmospheric game of ships, collision avoidance, sea monsters and fog. Forget the line-drawing games of the past, and Follow the Light!

Features

* Unique and intensely addictive gameplay!

* Cutting-edge 3D visuals push the iPad 1 and 2 to the limit, in creating one of the most atmospheric games on the app store.

* Stunning animation brings monsters of the deep to life.

* 10+ ship types for players to master!

* Hazards! Avoid rocks, fog, whirlpools, sea-monsters, and more!

* 30 challenging and diverse levels, ranging from single to large multi-screen environments.

* 3 Challenge Scenarios: Feeding Frenzy, Burning Seas, Night of the Kraken.

* Go fishing in dangerous waters, fight fires and hunt the beast of myth and legend!

* Use warning buoys, fire flares, sound foghorns and launch depth charges to survive!

* Incredible cinematic music and sound effects. (For the full effect, The Lighthouse is best played with headphones.)

* GameCenter and OpenFeint support for leader boards and achievements.
Earn a range of ornate medals, as you complete level challenges!

* In-depth tutorials guide players throughout the game.

* Amazing water effects a fully dynamic sea, with reflections and refraction!

* Dynamic weather effects! Storms! Rain! Fog!

* Spectacular ship collisions! Its fun just to see them sink and be pulled under!

* Incredible lighting effects, as night ends and dawn breaks!

* 60fps on iPad2!

* Look out for new DLC content surfacing soon!

goiMot's comments:

01-19-2012, 06:24 PM
From the description, this sounds pretty sweet. Anybody gonna TOFTT? I may, unless someone else posts before I get back from dinner.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

01-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Hmm

Looks cool, but I need someone to TOFTT, soul caliber broke me

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5
01-19-2012, 11:30 PM
I decided to take the plunge on this one. I got a chance to play through the first 4 levels, so I've really only scratched the surface, but it gave me enough time to get used to the control scheme and get a feel for the game. I would classify it loosely in the line drawing genre. You use the light of the lighthouse to guide your ships through some perilous shipping routes, dragging and tapping to guide your ships. You're given other assistance such as flares and buoys to help you along the way, but ultimately it looks like it will become a frantic game of time management. I'd compare it to Harbor Master, but with much more detailed (and awesome) graphics and a unique take on the classic (tired?) line drawing genre.

At this point, there are 30 levels. The first few are your standard tutorial levels, so in reality you're not challenged for all 30 levels. The $5 price tag is tough. The game is definitely fun. The graphics are great. It takes a tried and true gameplay mechanic and really adds a nice twist that takes full advantage of the touch surface. It's just that there are so many good games to be had at a price significantly lower. I have no problem recommending the game, especially for those looking for a unique line drawing experience, but I'm afraid it's going to get lost in a sea of less expensive competition. If the promised DLC is added at a low cost, or even free, then that might help overcome the current pricetag and add more value to the package

Overall, I'd give it a 4/5 with my only concern being the amount of content for the price. However, it is possible that the 30 current levels will offer more of a challenge than I anticipate. I'm still very early in the game, so it may turn out that my fears about content will be alleviated as I advance a little further. Graphics and the unique take on the line drawing genre are definitely the highlights here.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

Last edited by CzarCastic; 01-19-2012 at 11:32 PM.
01-19-2012, 11:58 PM
CzarCastic: thanks for the detailed review. Please post further impressions as you progress.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
01-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi CzarCastic,

Many thanks for your detailed feedback, ourselves and the rest of the team are really pleased you have enjoyed it so far.

Believe me when I say there is a lot more to come in the following 26 levels! The first few are intended to be a gradual learning curve, difficulty (especially to achieve a highscore) ramps up a lot as you go through coupled with special levels at 10, 20 and 30 as you'll find out!

The app is doing well in the UK right now and is #25 in the game chart and getting great feedback - hope this and CzarCastic's great review can encourage you all to try and help us spread the word about our game.

Please 'Like' our Lighthouse Facebook page and let us know how you get on!

Simon
01-22-2012, 09:46 AM
@barog - will upcoming DLC be free or IAP? Thanks
01-22-2012, 09:51 AM
@PraetorianX - We have been discussing both to be honest, we'll be listening to you all but need you to help us push the game (especially outside of the UK!)

Simon
01-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I love the idea and the graphics look wonderful. I have it downloading right now so will write up some impressions later.
01-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Great stuff - hope you enjoy it BeefJerky and please leave a review on the store also!

Thanks,
Simon