★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Romancing SaGa 2, originally released only in Japan in 1993, has been completely remastered and now receives its first ever official English translation!

No two players will experience the story in the same way

Alongside DRAGON QUEST and FINAL FANTASY, the SaGa series is one of Square Enixs most beloved. The first three titles were originally branded overseas under the FINAL FANTASY LEGEND moniker for Game Boy, and garnered critical acclaim for their complex yet compelling combat system.

Romancing SaGa 2 takes the varied gameplay of other entries in the series and combines it with an open-ended free-form scenario system whose story is as vast as the world in which it plays out. The player takes the role of a succession of emperors, painting the history of the world with each and every action.

Familiar series hallmarks such as formations and glimmers make a return in this unique title.

Story

It all begins with the song of a lone bard in a bustling pub.

Great nations such as the Varennes Empire, which had once ensured peace throughout the world, stagnated and atrophied over the course of centuries, and sinister forces started emerging in outlying areas.

Ere long, peace spiraled into war and the common folk spoke in hushed words of the Seven Heroeshistorical figures who saved the world once and who, it was hoped, would do so again.

Additional Elements

New dungeons
New classes: diviner and ninja
New Game+
Autosave
UI specifically designed for smartphones
05-25-2016, 10:19 PM
So much hype! I hope it's as good as I heard. This will be the only thing I'm getting tonight

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar // Gamecenter ID: raidriar

05-25-2016, 10:34 PM
In case anyone wonders: initial installation size is 320MB on my iPad Mini 2.

Assuming MFi-controller support... :P

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Great game!

Last edited by PROAPK; 05-28-2016 at 03:40 AM.
05-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Landscape or portrait?
05-25-2016, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinHadoukin View Post
Landscape or portrait?
On my iPad Mini 2, landscape only...

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-25-2016, 11:03 PM
"android 4.2.2 or above" quite funny to see this on the app store xD
05-25-2016, 11:08 PM
I told myself I wasn't going to buy this because I have been spending a lot of time with Titan Quest but I couldn't resist.
05-26-2016, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milotorou View Post
"android 4.2.2 or above" quite funny to see this on the app store xD
They've set the wrong description. In the Japanese App Store it gives the correct minimum device specs, but I can't read Japanese. It talks about iPhone 5, but I don't know if it's minimum recommended device or minimum device. Does anyone know if this works on a 4S? Thanks.
05-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Sooo the usual question: iCloud support?