Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-22-2012, 04:12 AM

Great game! But hell... I hate those IAP. Most of the devs are going in the wrong direction since a few months now... I'd have gladly paid 4 bucks for the "full" game, but IAPs just plenty annoys me.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:34 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
It's painfully obvious this is what they're doing, so I'm pretty sure most have considered it. However, I disagree it could possibly result in more sustained income.
Whether or not you disagree is based on conjecture, though, it's no more right or wrong than my conjecture. The dev will find out for themselves, and it's their choice if that's what they want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
Speaking only for myself, seeing the model presented by the Dev, I will not be buying the "cheaper" $1 or $2 IAPs because I know that method will eventually cost me more than $7. So, for me, the choice is between $0 or $7.
I think we've established, though, that most of the people in this thread are cheapskates, and thus you're probably not the target market.

People are saying they'd pay $2-3 instead of $7, but if it had launched at $3 there'd be just as many people in this thread moaning that it wasn't $1, because that's TouchArcade for you.

Last edited by toythatkills; 01-22-2012 at 04:54 AM..
Old 01-22-2012, 04:41 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hmm maybe add " to garnish more interest and banter about the game, all publicity is good publicity"

Because look how many people have reared there heads to complain! I even joined this site to do so..it's definitely got people talking which is a good thing, sadly their complaining though,but turn the complainers into er non complainers and look how many loyal fans they'd already have!

A happy customer is a good customer, their the ones who will tell all their friends and rave about how good this game is.

Complainers won't.

So If this company can find a way to make these people happy, things could go very well!

Maybe not to cave at the 99c pleas. But meeting halfway at $2.99 or $3.49 would be nice.

And as someone else mentioned already, will there ever be different game modes? Or bigger sizes?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I played Triple Town for a while, it's nice. I don't get far into the game but it's still fun for me.
Not $6.99 fun though.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 AM

I retract everything I said about the IAP being minimal. The limit of only recharging up to 150 turns is so silly considering a decent game will go for far more moves. I thought you'd get 2-3 free games a day but that is clearly not the case.

I've always been fairly active in buying my apps and while $7 isn't that expensive, in comparison to my other apps it is excessive. I can get so much more value from buying 7 other apps at 99c each than buying Triple Town.

This leaves me in a situation where I either can't play this or I have to be ripped off by a clearly greedy developer. This type of Facebook gaming extortion needs to be weeded out and developers pushing a model like this need to have a strong backlash from the community.

I initially approached the developer to provide information on a coin exploit. At the time I felt the IAP was fair. It is clearly not, so now I am at the point that to continue playing I need to use this exploit to allow me to purchase more tuns.

For those that want to do the same, here is the process:
- Complete a game and get to the view achievements screen.
- Force quit the game.
- Restart it and view the achievements again.

The coins granted by the completion of the game will be continually re-added each time you do these steps. Rinse and repeat until you have lots of coins. Use this to buy more turns.

I really hope the developer rethinks his strategy. If not, I will not be updating the game when the exploit is fixed. I will just use this method to allow me to play it freely.

In the same way the TA community can rocket games up the chart (see Tiny Wings), I hope we do the same to discourage developers from exploiting our fellow iOS gamers and push this back down the charts. Negative reviews always seem to have a big impact on sales.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

A friend shows me this game and I like it a lot. I downloaded it and played on my iPad. One evening and then I could not play more. Sais I am out of turns. Also I am not that good to earn coins and buy more turns, but will practice more, once turns are there again.

Ben
Old 01-22-2012, 07:50 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Spryfox, it is getting a bit frustrating that you are simply ignoring the many posts here that have made valid points. I appreciate that devs need not poke their heads in to support their games on forums such as this, so for you to do so is appreciated. But now that you are here, it is fair to address the concerns of the people involved, rather than pretending like nothing has happened.
Second time you've already posted what I was going to

For me, the "lalalalalalalalalalala I can't heear you!" act going on from the devs is more damaging than the $7 price point. With a decent defense of the price point, I would consider paying it if there were reasons for opting to charge as much as Infinity Blade II. The deafening silence in regards to what is the majority of posts here and a good percentage of the iTunes reviews says the devs don't care enough to defend themselves, so why should I consider giving them my money?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok, I was out of turns and wanted to play another round, so I uninstalled the App and installed it again. Now I have all turns again

Ben
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've given it a try. It's a fine puzzler and quite fun.

My turn offs are the level of IAP involved and price point, and that's true for any game. For me, it's overpriced at 7 bucks. I can buy plenty of games that are just as good for the same amount of money. After awhile, I wouldn't be as interested in the game and the same is true for nearly everything else, so I wouldn't get my monies worth. It's great to play out for free.

The developer has a good game, and it'll be interesting if they can maintain some traction in the weeks ahead.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
For me, the "lalalalalalalalalalala I can't heear you!" act going on from the devs is more damaging than the $7 price point.
I'm just curious what you expect the developer to say. Do you really think it will help them to get into a price argument with the people here? We think $7 is too high, they think its the best way to maximize their profit. In the end, some of us will break down and buy it and most won't. The developer will make a certain amount of money, and there will be no way for them or us to know if they could have made more. We will all have out theories, but we won't know for sure.

I've been on TA for a while, and I have seen a lot of threads like these. In no case did it ever help the developer to get into a discussion of price. If people dont think the game is worth it, they won't have their minds changed by a developer telling them it is. If the developer doesn't change their minds, people just get madder and madder at them.

I still think $7 is far to much (although I did break down and pay it), but I also think the developers are smart to not let themselves get sucked into that hole.

Last edited by mlkaufman; 01-22-2012 at 09:23 AM..