App description: "I had to force myself to quit playing Triple Town in order to write this review, which might give you some idea of just how addicting it is." - Gamezebo.com 5 star review.

* Featured FOUR TIMES by Apple in "New and Noteworthy"!
* Runner up, indie game of 2011 - Edge Magazine
* Runner up, social game of 2011 - Gamasutra.com

Triple Town is an original puzzle game in which you try to grow the greatest possible city. The larger the city you build, the more points you score. You build your city by matching three or more game-pieces: combine three grasses to make a bush, three bushes to make a tree... until you've filled the board with houses, cathedrals and castles. Along the way, you'll have to outwit giant bears who will try to block your progress.

How large can you grow your dream city before the board fills and the game ends?

Triple Town is free to play forever. Eventually, you will run out of moves, but they replenish for free if you wait a while, and you can also buy more moves with free coins that you earn in-game. If you want to eliminate the move counter altogether, there is a one-time fee for *lifetime* unlimited moves. It works on any compatible iOS device you own -- just load the game's option menu on your other devices and select "restore unlimited turns" to activate your purchase on additional devices. (Update: we've added a 2-minute mode that you can play free, forever, as much as you want, by watching advertisements in between play sessions. Or you can pay for unlimited turns, which disables the ads in this mode!)

goiMot's comments:


01-19-2012, 11:41 PM
#11
There is no requirement at all to use the IAP at all. The coins allow you to buy the rarer puzzle pieces. You will get them normally in a game but you obviously can't control the timing. A good player wouldn't need them as a solid strategy is a far better way to get a higher score.

Twitter: mikelorant
Game Center: mikelorant
01-20-2012, 12:43 AM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense View Post
There is no requirement at all to use the IAP at all. The coins allow you to buy the rarer puzzle pieces. You will get them normally in a game but you obviously can't control the timing. A good player wouldn't need them as a solid strategy is a far better way to get a higher score.
Lol, coward's way of getting highscores.

Btw is there an indicator for highscores that have been obtained by purchasing such items with coins?

01-20-2012, 02:13 AM
#13
Game Impressions

Hi, I'm the game designer for Triple Town. Here's what I've observed so far about IAP and highscores. In general a more skilled player will always get a better scores than a less skilled player, even if someone buys every item in the store. Triple Town often seems like a simple game on the surface, but there is an immense amount of depth and strategy. I know a lot of folks that are still playing the game and getting better at it after a year...this is one of those evergreen games like Tetris or Drop7 that you can keep coming back to.

To make things even more fair, there are only a limited number of items in the store. Even if you were a millionaire, the best that would get you is the ability to play more often but you wouldn't be able to buy your way to a high score.

I see a lot of expert players who never purchase items. And I see players that do because they have a good game going and they want to extend it just a little further. Not because they need to, but because they enjoy the game. I think that's the best sort of IAP.

All the best!
Danc.
01-20-2012, 03:54 AM
#14
What happens when all my turns are gone? Do you earn them by playing or will I have to buy the 6.99 iap???
01-20-2012, 05:43 AM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
What happens when all my turns are gone? Do you earn them by playing or will I have to buy the 6.99 iap???
I'm wondering this aswell.
Great game though!
01-20-2012, 06:23 AM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
What happens when all my turns are gone? Do you earn them by playing or will I have to buy the 6.99 iap???
You have 3 choices: 1.) Wait for more turns. It's not clear to me how long you have to wait and how many turns you get because I did not choose this option. 2.) Buy more turns with coins. For 950 coins, you get 200 more tuns. Probably not enough to complete a single game. 3.) Buy the unlimited pass, which is currently $6.99.

In my brief experience, I blew through the initial 2,000 turns in a couple of hours. I proceeded to buy more turns with coins, but it looks like I'm going to run out of coins some time soon. I have not purchased any other items in the store because I'm saving the coins for turns. However, the game is pretty awesome, so I'm thinking about buying the unlimited pass and then not having to worry about it anymore.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
#17
I have registered here just to say Thank You Danc. The game is really nice, hope my lil iap will support you to make another original game(s).
01-20-2012, 10:41 AM
#18
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
You have 3 choices: 1.) Wait for more turns. It's not clear to me how long you have to wait and how many turns you get because I did not choose this option. 2.) Buy more turns with coins. For 950 coins, you get 200 more tuns. Probably not enough to complete a single game. 3.) Buy the unlimited pass, which is currently $6.99.

In my brief experience, I blew through the initial 2,000 turns in a couple of hours. I proceeded to buy more turns with coins, but it looks like I'm going to run out of coins some time soon. I have not purchased any other items in the store because I'm saving the coins for turns. However, the game is pretty awesome, so I'm thinking about buying the unlimited pass and then not having to worry about it anymore.
The game is darn addictive, and although $6.99 does seem a pretty hefty fee, I too will probably take the plunge.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-20-2012, 11:07 AM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
You have 3 choices: 1.) Wait for more turns. It's not clear to me how long you have to wait and how many turns you get because I did not choose this option. 2.) Buy more turns with coins. For 950 coins, you get 200 more tuns. Probably not enough to complete a single game. 3.) Buy the unlimited pass, which is currently $6.99.

In my brief experience, I blew through the initial 2,000 turns in a couple of hours. I proceeded to buy more turns with coins, but it looks like I'm going to run out of coins some time soon. I have not purchased any other items in the store because I'm saving the coins for turns. However, the game is pretty awesome, so I'm thinking about buying the unlimited pass and then not having to worry about it anymore.
Yes...I'm quoting myself.

I wanted to clarify that you begin with 1,500 coins, not 2,000 as previously indicated. However, I have found a method to ensure that you do not need to wait or purchase the IAP, if you don't want to.
If you delete and then reinstall the game, you will begin with 1,500 more coins. You have to do the short tutorial again, but you'll be able to continue playing. Since it's a high score game and the scores are saved on OpenFeint, there's no real penalty for deleting the game and starting over.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
The game is darn addictive, and although $6.99 does seem a pretty hefty fee, I too will probably take the plunge.
I love it and have it for my kindle. It's incredibly addictive. I'll take the plunge too!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.