Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danc View Post
In general a more skilled player will always get a better scores than a less skilled player, even if someone buys every item in the store.
Great game. If it wasn't for the need to buy turns to keep playing (or to spend $7 for unlimited turns) I would consider it the best game I've seen in 2012. I don't play freemium games at all, and while yours is good, its not good enough to get me to start.

Having said that, your statement is obviously not true. With unlimited coins, I could keep buying trees, crystals and Imperial bots, and get as high a score as I wanted. While it may be true that am average player buying a little in the store will not do as well as a skilled player buying nothing, its not that hard to get to the point where buying stuff will net you much higher scores then playing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danc View Post
I see a lot of expert players who never purchase items. And I see players that do because they have a good game going and they want to extend it just a little further. Not because they need to, but because they enjoy the game. I think that's the best sort of IAP.
I would agree with you except for the need to purchase turns.

Last edited by mlkaufman; 01-20-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Is the only way to get more turns by spending coins or paying for the unlimited unlock, or do you get more over time?

This is a GREAT match 3 game, but $7 for unlimited turns is crazy. Bring that down to $3 or so, and I'm in.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Lol above posts proclaim this as a GREAT game yet they won't pay money for it. This is well worth the 7 dollars.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
Having said that, your statement is obviously not true. With unlimited coins, I could keep buying trees, crystals and Imperial bots, and get as high a score as I wanted.
No, that's not connect. Every item in the store has a supply limit. There are only four Imperial Bots, for example. Once you've bought them all, you can't buy more until your game is finished and restarted. It is impossible to buy your way to a high score.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:35 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotwars View Post
Lol above posts proclaim this as a GREAT game yet they won't pay money for it. This is well worth the 7 dollars.
I'm just curious. Did you actually LOL, or are you just saying LOL? In any case, if it is well worth 7 dollars to you then I suggest you buy it. But you should try to understand that its worth is a subjective opinion, and not fact. I think its a great game, but not great enough to spend $7 on. Can you understand that distinction.

I don't usually talk about prices or IAP, but IMO, IAP to unlock basic gameplay is a losing game anyhow. I have four people I often gift games to, and had this been a straight $3 game, I would have sent it to all of them. But, since I can't gift an IAP, I can't give it to any of them whatever the cost.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Never played this game before but im hooked.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:36 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryfox View Post
No, that's not connect. Every item in the store has a supply limit. There are only four Imperial Bots, for example. Once you've bought them all, you can't buy more until your game is finished and restarted. It is impossible to buy your way to a high score.
Oh, I didn't realize that.

Never mind...
Old 01-20-2012, 01:37 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotwars View Post
I will pay money for it, but I won't pay $7. There are other fantastic match 3 games that are more reasonably priced, such as Dungeon Raid.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Guess I'll pick it up. Looks like TA is all over it. Never tried it on Facebook.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:54 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Guess I'll pick it up. Looks like TA is all over it. Never tried it on Facebook.
This port is really an EXACT port of their game on Facebook, Google+, or Chrome. Try it one of those places first and see if it grabs you (or, heck, on your favorite iOs device as it is free). I reminds me a lot of Alchemize with moving bears and without the gravity.