★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Perfect iOS Game

01-19-2012, 09:01 PM
The Perfect iOS Game

There are lots of really awesome games on the AppStore. However, I'm always finding things about my favorites that I wish were slightly different or slightly better. For instance, Hero Academy is amazing fun... but it has no stat tracking or single player. Riptide GP is unreal in how good it looks and controls, with lots of modes... but no online multiplayer. I have a hard time thinking of games that I find 100% perfect without anything I'd want to change or add. Maybe it doesn't matter how close a game is to perfection... we'll always just want more.

What games in the AppStore do you think are absolutely perfect the way they are and don't need additional content or tweaks to make you fully satisfied?

My band just released an album! iTunes / Facebook
01-19-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't see how you can call a game perfect. A game will ne'er be perfect. There will always be complaints, people wanting more, and feeling there is not enough. It's how the game industry works. It's more about what developers will do about it.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

01-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
The only game that I've ever considered to be perfect is Plants vs Zombies. Flawless from start to finish imo.
01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
I don't see how you can call a game perfect. A game will ne'er be perfect. There will always be complaints, people wanting more, and feeling there is not enough. It's how the game industry works. It's more about what developers will do about it.
I don't mean objectively perfect, I mean what game do YOU consider the closest to being a perfect game for your own tastes.

01-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
The only game that I've ever considered to be perfect is Plants vs Zombies. Flawless from start to finish imo.
I would almost agree with you there, but it's missing some of the things the PC game had. To me, that makes it soooo close... but not perfect.

01-20-2012, 03:18 AM
Well, tI me Super Crate Box is perfect on the PC and on iOS except for the fact that there is a hit box problem, but Vlambeer have said they will fix this in an update that will be submitted on Monday. Other than that I have no complaints and SCB is probably the only iOS game I really thought was perfect.

Will buy anything made by Ponos or Halfbrick or a dedicated indie dev. Favourite iOS games: Super Crate Box, Junk Jack, Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Dungeon Raid, Rebuild, Rage HD, oh I could go on...
01-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Well, to me Super Crate Box is perfect on the PC and on iOS except for the fact that there is a hit box problem, but Vlambeer have said they will fix this in an update that will be submitted on Monday. Other than that I have no complaints and SCB is probably the only iOS game I really thought was perfect.

Will buy anything made by Ponos or Halfbrick or a dedicated indie dev. Favourite iOS games: Super Crate Box, Junk Jack, Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Dungeon Raid, Rebuild, Rage HD, oh I could go on...
01-20-2012, 04:08 AM
World of Goo, PvZ

Night of the living dead? Damn right it is! - John Gore
01-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
I feel you bro!
I just wished they add more levels.
01-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Well Modern Combat 3 is not technically perfect, but the fun it has given me is far beyond any other iOS game. I also think that World of Goo and Where's My Water? are quite the perfect puzzlers. Crazy Hedgy, League of Evil, Wind-Up Knight and Archibald's Adventure are probably my favorite platformers on iOS. Fruit Ninja is a perfect classic. Dungeon Raid and MAMC are so addicting match-3 games, and to think I used to hate match-3 games. Sword & Sworcery is perfect on what it's supposed to be and so is Battleheart.

I know this isn't a list of your favorite games, but my favorite games I find perfect.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3