★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best tower defense game for ipad2?

01-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Best tower defense game for ipad2?

I want the best.
01-20-2012, 01:27 AM
And you shall have it.

01-20-2012, 01:52 AM
So far, Kingdom Rush is the best one IMO. Tower Defense : Lost Earth was quite good too, if you can get over the crazy patent story on the terms "Tower Defense". I know some people also love Sentinel 3. And then there's The Creeps! HD, Fieldrunners, Plants vs. Zombies, etc...
01-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chman View Post
So far, Kingdom Rush is the best one IMO. Tower Defense : Lost Earth was quite good too, if you can get over the crazy patent story on the terms "Tower Defense". I know some people also love Sentinel 3. And then there's The Creeps! HD, Fieldrunners, Plants vs. Zombies, etc...
Don't think that's gonna help him listing all of the TD games on iOS

Best Tower Defense game is Plants Vs. Zombies

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
01-20-2012, 02:49 AM
In my opinion Plants V Zombies is the best by far. It'll a little easier than other TD games, but is the most unique, full-featured, and fun.

As far as more "classic" Tower Defense games go, Sentinal 3 and TD: Lost Earth are probably the best. And while I haven't finished Kingdom Rush yet, it's pretty amazing so far too.

Creeps is ok, but I've never been a huge fan of its flash cartoony art style. Fieldrunners is an iPhone classic, but I haven't tried it on iPad yet. It's also notable for being one of the rare "non-fixed path" TD games.

Any other good ones?

My band just released an album! iTunes / Facebook
01-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Don't think that's gonna help him listing all of the TD games on iOS
Read my post again. I gave my opinion about the best ones.
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Jelly Defense is very good. Great music.
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I would have a hard time choosing "the best." I was going to do this in a 1. 2. 3. kind of format, but even then I had a hard time choosing. Kingdom Rush is a strong contender for the title, but it's also so new.

Here are my absolute favorites, but I have over 70 of them on my iPad:
iBomber Defense
Dungeon Defenders
Sentinel 3
Anomaly
Three Kingdoms Tower Defense (I can't decide whether to say the first or the second.)
Kingdom Rush

Plants vs. Zombies and Fieldrunners may be the best for newbies. I also left a lot out of this list that deserved to be there.

www.theageofknights.com

Game Center ID: NoThru22
01-20-2012, 03:33 PM
On ios I would definitly list kingdom rush at the top of the charts...

.if golive ever gets on apple devices you'll have a choice of grid defense, which is also quite good and they just released a collaboration game with glados from portal. Portal + td now that's a concept!

After those two I'd list fieldrunners, lost earth, creeps, geo defense, geo defense swarm, anomaly warzone, monster trouble, I bomber, crystal defenders, war grimoire, tiny heroes, plants vs zombies and then something I just got brand new that I'm enjoying the hell out of...unstoppable gorg....quite a surprise...I recommend all td fans should check it out.

Heard a rumor that pixel junk may be considering porting monsters to ios, anyone else here this?
01-25-2012, 04:55 AM
If you like TD you should check UFOlocaust, its a different concept of a conventional TD

PD: Sorry for the Spam

Do you like TD Games? Get UFOlocaust TOP Strategy game now on sale! http://t.co/30IMo61b