★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crystal War: BloodField (by DigitalFrog): Multiple Castle Defense Game

01-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Crystal War: BloodField (by DigitalFrog): Multiple Castle Defense Game

Youtube link | Pop Up

Just to let everyone know, they fixed the major bugs with the latest updates so hopefully gameplay will be smoother for you all.

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crystal-war-blood-field-limit/id479729215?mt=8

Last edited by AppsAsia; 01-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.
01-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the update. Will try and see if the login bug is fixed.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?

01-20-2012, 04:50 AM
this game looks good. it must be based off the older Crystal War game from another company?

it was hard to see how the game looked from the trailer.. has anyone else tried this game?
01-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
this game looks good. it must be based off the older Crystal War game from another company?

it was hard to see how the game looked from the trailer.. has anyone else tried this game?
Its the old version, but with minor tweaks, big IAP, and multiplayer. Multiplayer now works with the update. All people with symbols for names at this point (Chinese presumably?). He who grinds the most and has the most IAP wins. That said, IF you can get everything by grinding, then EVENTUALLY, multiplayer could be very fun. After all, this was a damn fine single player game.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 01-20-2012 at 07:33 AM.
01-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Game Impressions

Just like ArtNJ said, if you have ever played the original game, then you'll know EXACTLY what this game is like. There's the addition of multiplayer, the IAP purchases that allow you to go beyond the max grindable levels for your units, and the ability to choose Goblins as a race from the start rather than having to beat the human campaign first. So you could say this is an expansion pack without any extra units or much of anything new.

If you're into spending more money on a game you already paid for once in the past or you just plain haven't ever tried the first game, then this is the one to go with. Having already beaten the first game a couple times though I really do feel cheated as a fan of the previous game. Make a new game Digitalfrog, or at least a true sequel, I believe in you! lol
01-20-2012, 08:50 AM
ahh okay i decided to check out the first one and then got the lite of this version and they're pretty much the same O_o i'm a little irked as to why they didn't at least add some more units. it does look like the game is harder than the original. the first mission on the new one took me quite a bit longer than the original - maybe because they increased a lot of the unit costs.

i'm actually not interested in multiplayer but this game could learn a bit from Arel Wars which is probably the best game in this genre imo
01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
sorry about the original bugs you all...please forgive us! I really hope that this game lives up to your expectations. We value all your opinions that's why we run beta tests for games to get your opinions on how to make it a better experience for you all

You can always try out the lite version if you are all worried.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crystal-war-blood-field-limit/id479729215?mt=8
01-20-2012, 11:15 AM
More of an expansion than new game

This is pretty much the original Crystal War with IAP, multiplayer and in a universal build. The graphics looks exactly the same on my iPad as the old game did at x2 so they didn't do any upgrades on the sprites.

The gameplay and balance are still good. The campaigns, Human and Goblin are both unlocked from the start which is different. The story is execrable and written in Korean-into Google-Engrish out that's laughable but reasonably clear.

So far I think the IAP's are optional for people unwilling to grind it out. The structure allows you to replay missions for more gold all you want so the gold and gem purchases appear to be unneeded. Just the same this is a BAD TREND. Especially when the upgrades you pay cash for are usable in multiplayer. Pay to win is not fun.

Developers... I know people who live in Korea that can write better English than this. Do your best, then show it to a native speaker and they can clean this nonsense up in a few hours. There are excellent beta testers on the TA forums who would do,it for you.

And finally, I never, ever want to be made to enter text with a cell phone keypad on my iPad or iPhone. You do know they have keyboard services built in to the iOS?

Verdict... I liked the original. I like this one. But it is not much of an improvement, more of a cash in and multiplayer money maker. I love capitalism... But that doesn't mean I am a sucker. No cookie for you.
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
applied today. ive never tried this game so looking forward to it despite what others are saying.

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!
01-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLashes View Post
applied today. ive never tried this game so looking forward to it despite what others are saying.
Applied to what?