★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: List of Great $10 Games

05-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
List of Great $10 Games

I am creating a list of great games on the App Store that are $9.99, as a handy guide for people. So far I have:

-Assassin's Creed by Gameloft
-Terminator Salvation by Gameloft
-Tiger Woods PGA TOUR BY EA SPORTS by Electronic Arts
-Need for Speed Undercover by Electronic Arts
-Scrabble (International Version) by Electronic Arts
-The New York Times Crosswords Daily 2009 by Magmic Inc.
-X-Plane 9 by Laminar Research
-X-Plane Airliner by Laminar Research
-X-Plane Extreme by Laminar Research
-X-Plane Helicopter by Laminar Research
-X-Plane Racing by Laminar Research
-International Athletics by Ghostlight LTD

And please, help me add to this list. I will edit and add as necessary.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal

Last edited by gscal; 05-10-2009 at 01:34 PM.
05-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Maybe the New York Times Crosswords, but besides these...I don't think anything else is listed as $9.99.

(And I'm not including those points for mmorpgs, those don't count.)

Edit: Looked at the app store and saw about 5 "X-Plane" games, anyone know if they're good? Never heard of em.

Last edited by Harejordan; 05-10-2009 at 02:51 AM.

05-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harejordan View Post
Maybe the New York Times Crosswords, but besides these...I don't think anything else is listed as $9.99.

(And I'm not including those points for mmorpgs, those don't count.)
Technically, it's a game.. I guess I'll add it. And yeah, it's slim pickings for $10 games.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
05-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
I am creating a list of great games on the App Store that are $9.99, as a handy guide for people. So far I have:

Assassin's Creed
Terminator Salvation
Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Need for Speed
•Scrabble (International Version)
New York Times Crosswords

And please, help me add to this list. I will edit and add as necessary. And sorry, no direct links, on iPod.
To me this is the list of over priced games.

Just seems the big developers can't understand that the I-phone/I-touch pricing will never be like the overpriced PSP market. They hate the fact that people who are selling games for .99 cents and are making more money than they ever could.

Paying $10-$20 for an I-phone game would almost be as silly as trying to get people to pay for email.
05-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post

Just seems the big developers can't understand that the I-phone/I-touch pricing will never be like the overpriced PSP market. They hate the fact that people who are selling games for .99 cents and are making more money than they ever could.

Paying $10-$20 for an I-phone game would almost be as silly as trying to get people to pay for email.

You obviously haven't played Need for Speed on the iPhone..

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
05-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
You obviously haven't played Need for Speed on the iPhone..
If you like paying $10 for games the company that made this game is more than happy to take it.

From the reviews I have seen they say the game is short.

Regardless my point is NFS shows 370 reviews, with so few people buying the game it will be at the price point it should have been $4.99 within 6 months.
05-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Quote:

It's people like you who hold back big companies from releasing serious games on AppStore. If you're happy with Urban Tycoon, Virtual Monkey or Memory Pets, fine.

But don't forget there are also people who wouldn't mind paying $10 for a real console-quality games like NFS and wish for Final Fantasy or Prince of Persia.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
05-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
It's people like you who hold back big companies from releasing serious games on AppStore. If you're happy with Urban Tycoon, Virtual Monkey or Memory Pets, fine.

But don't forget there are also people who wouldn't mind paying $10 for a real console-quality games like NFS and wish for Final Fantasy or Prince of Persia.
And they will be, just at $4.99 or less, like Underworlds.
05-10-2009, 03:45 AM
Quote:
And they will be, just at $4.99 or less, like Underworlds.
Not for a long time. 3 $10 games are in the top 25 games so they are getting downloaded thousands if times. 370 reviews of NFS means squat, hardly anyone would review the game

The store is heading today the need for more premium games I believe, we have had enough of the $1 games for the time being

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
05-10-2009, 04:49 AM
You seriously need to get a job, or stop being cheap. Sure, there are tons of games and apps that are overpriced but you can't go on and say that the console games made for the iPhones aren't worth ten dollars.

If you put in months of hard work and spent hundreds, even thousands to make your game, I doubt you'd be as generous as you want the other devs to be.