★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: efishocean
  • Genre: Trivia
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.2 MB
  • Version: 2.222
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.6 (5)
App description: Online battle match 3 game!
Pairs of time space trans-machine are sending and dropping Zing Jelly sprites. Sprites can be transferred to another device, while matches of at least three are created in the luminous area. Sprites in entire columns can be dragged up and down, but left and right in the middle luminous row.

Addictive Features

Unbelievable battle game mode, challenge your GameCenter friends or nearby devices through bluetooth or wifi.
Simple and innovative gameplay you hold and love.
More rich and addictive high quality sounds.
The amazing tools make the battle more interesting and addictive.
Offline mirror mode. Can you beat yourself?
Gorgeous graphics for iPad and iPhone with Retina display supported.
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Game Impressions

I was lucky enough to get a promo code for this and it is a very polished and fun match 3 type game. I have played a bunch of match 3 style game including a few somewhat similar to this, but Freezing Birds has a lot of personality and stands out.

One issue I have is that a couple of the different bird types have similar colors making it slightly difficult to distinguish them, at least for a color blind person like me.

I think any game of this type calls for leader board support, so I hope the developer adds GameCenter support.

Also, some of the graphics and sound assets strongly remind me of one of my favorite match 3 games, Birrzle Pandora. Regardless of those surface similarities, the two games play quite differently.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

01-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Send a message via MSN to efish
Thanks for your review. I will fix the color distinguishability issue in the next update as while as GameCenter supporting. Birrzle truly excited me to make a match 3 game. I hope those similarities don't violate any thing.
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by efish View Post
Thanks for your review. I will fix the color distinguishability issue in the next update as while as GameCenter supporting. Birrzle truly excited me to make a match 3 game. I hope those similarities don't violate any thing.
I posted a review for you on the app store as well. I am always glad to do so for the games I enjoy.

Thanks for considering the changes I mentioned. To clarify on the colors I have issues with here, it between the two red colored birds and it is pretty minor for me. I think if I was playing in a darkened room, I would never hesitate between those 2 shades at all.

I am looking forward to playing Freezing Birds more and I am excited for future updates.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
01-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Will you be adding Game Center achievements too?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Nice game of the match genre Looking forward to the updates!!
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Great game!
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes, achievement system has been considered already, will be added in future update.

Last edited by efish; 01-20-2012 at 07:50 PM.
01-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Expect reviews. Need feedback.
02-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Freezing Birds is now v1.1

Updated with Gamecenter leaderboards