Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-21-2012, 08:54 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Echoseven: do you generally like it? is it fun gameplay wise? i really like the look but the ammo thing mainly bothers me. i might just have to get it just cuz i'm a sucker for customizable characters =p

Sanuku: Thanks as usual!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Echoseven: do you generally like it? is it fun gameplay wise? i really like the look but the ammo thing mainly bothers me. i might just have to get it just cuz i'm a sucker for customizable characters =p

Sanuku: Thanks as usual!
Same question. Having to buy ammo and stuff concerns me, but if the game is genuinely fun, then it will still be worth it.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyrGames View Post
IAP is designed for players who want to progress quickly in game, such as unlocking high damage weapon before reaching rank requirement.

It's a paid game, so our design guranteed all players can pass levels and kill bosses fluently without buying any IAPs.
Hey FreyrGames, three questions before I click on "buy":

1.- Is there an endless solo mode? I'm not into the MP experience, so I don't want to find myself playing just the 30 levels and then having nothing to do in the game.
2.- You say I don't need IAP if I progress slowly in game. Can I achieve every single weapon/item/... in the game without paying anything apart from the game price?
3.- Is the "buy ammo" thing levelled according to the cash obtained just by playing? From what I read, I think I will be spending 95% of the obtained cash in ammo, and that's too much cash to progress in the game without spending real money in IAP.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Hey FreyrGames, three questions before I click on "buy":

1.- Is there an endless solo mode? I'm not into the MP experience, so I don't want to find myself playing just the 30 levels and then having nothing to do in the game.
2.- You say I don't need IAP if I progress slowly in game. Can I achieve every single weapon/item/... in the game without paying anything apart from the game price?
3.- Is the "buy ammo" thing levelled according to the cash obtained just by playing? From what I read, I think I will be spending 95% of the obtained cash in ammo, and that's too much cash to progress in the game without spending real money in IAP.

Thanks
Seconded!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM

A: Yes, there is endless solo mode for each map. Online endless mode is also available.
B: You don't really progress slow if you play well. Typically a player needs to spend about 15%-20% gold earned on ammo after each battle. Every 1-2 hours a player can afford a fully new set armor and weapon if you don't aim to the ultimate armor which cost much.

All armor don't need IAP.
80% weapon and bags are non IAP.
There are several value-add weapon and bags only for IAP buyers.
Mainly because they look cute(eg, bow weapon) or have special attributes(eg explosion, but not necessarily superior than non-IAP weapon). A few IAP weapons are very strong, however, you don't really need it to kill monsters, but if you do buy it you will feel yourself like God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Hey FreyrGames, two questions before I click on "buy":

Thanks

Last edited by FreyrGames; 01-21-2012 at 09:34 AM..
Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This game is a lot of fun. Smooth, familiar, controls. Each level so far is survival based. Spawn points spread around the first map unleash a variety of (3-4) alien types (including spitter, faster melee, etc). There is a combo count for killing aliens is succession. The sound bullet effects and character gun shouldering have a nice kinetic effect. The first environment has a large building in the middle blown open with circular design for run and gun play. Enemies keep sneaking up behind me so a lot of back to the wall dodging and sprinting. At the top of the screen is a purple alien bar that indicates the percentage of aliens unleashed. Early levels so far seem to last about 5-10 minutes but do get frantic and each stage has an infinite/endless mode. Health regenerates fully between levels. So far the first few levels are near identical with increasing alien swarm density. The game does seem to require a bit of grinding without IAP.

Items open up in the store for each level you beat. There are IAP gem options up to 1430 gems suggesting a lot of gem based items, at start it is true about 80% of guns are in-game money items. You can upgrade face, legs, torso, and arm armor/look as well as buy guns. High level health packs are IAP only but moderate level health items exist via in-game funds.

@FreyrGames - What does the $2.99 Staff Sargent IAP include?

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-21-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Old 01-21-2012, 09:50 AM

Powerful weapon has rank requirement to unlock. Your rank will go up after battles. Usually your rank is high enough to unlock items when you can afford to buy them.

But, if you want to kill bosses in a couple of hours right after you started the game. Staff sergent pack is for you. It can unlock all items, but it's just unlock, you still need money to buy items.

@FreyrGames - What does the $2.99 Staff Sargent IAP include?[/QUOTE]
Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

How do you get to the bosses? Played through the first level Frontline and am halfway into the second one but havent encountered any bosses yet.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyrGames View Post
A: Yes, there is endless solo mode for each map. Online endless mode is also available.
B: You don't really progress slow if you play well. Typically a player needs to spend about 15%-20% gold earned on ammo after each battle. Every 1-2 hours a player can afford a fully new set armor and weapon if you don't aim to the ultimate armor which cost much.

All armor don't need IAP.
80% weapon and bags are non IAP.
There are several value-add weapon and bags only for IAP buyers.
Mainly because they look cute(eg, bow weapon) or have special attributes(eg explosion, but not necessarily superior than non-IAP weapon). A few IAP weapons are very strong, however, you don't really need it to kill monsters, but if you do buy it you will feel yourself like God!
Ok, you convinced me. I'll let you know if it's up to my expectations EDIT: I'll buy it when it's available in the Spanish app store, which I guess will be tonight :-P
Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 AM

Bosses are online mode only. Gamecenter account is required to access. It may take a few seconds to log in Gamecenter when you click co-op.

You can try to beat boss anytime but most players needs to gear up (pass stage 3 to get more gold) to beat the first boss. More teammates makes boss battle easier. Besides, playing with teammates can get more money than solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
How do you get to the bosses? Played through the first level Frontline and am halfway into the second one but havent encountered any bosses yet.

Last edited by FreyrGames; 01-21-2012 at 10:24 AM..