Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthguy View Post
I like the laser cannon but, it is unnessecary, and makes it hard to see, for me. I don't know, my eyes are wierd and when the cannon turns on I can't see much...
Also your setup is odd, why use it, you need not gold... And the power of this is laughable...
The laser cannon is more a gimmick weapon for me: it's not something I usually use on bosses unless I want to help someone kill something especially fast -- which is usually when I start frying the poor critter with a hyper clip and the Thunder Armour's ability.

Remember that I'm also playing to collect weapons that even mildly interest me, and to budget for when new weapons and armours come out. I'm still upgrading the Morpheus, the RPG-31, and the LIT07, and trust me, I need a LOT of gold to get them all up to Level 8.

Statistically speaking, the armour set-up is COMPLETELY inferior to the full Perseus suit: speed, power and HP are all lower than the Perseus. To fight with this set-up, you need some patience as well as exceptional understanding of how to dodge attacks. The gold pay-off is absolutely immense though, if you can put up with it.

Last edited by undead.exe; 07-19-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
The laser cannon is more a GIMMICK weapon for me: it's not something I usually use on bosses unless I want to help someone kill something especially fast -- which is usually when I start frying the poor critter with a hyper clip and the Thunder Armour's ability.

Remember that I'm also playing to collect weapons that even mildly interest me, and to budget for when new weapons and armours come out. I'm still upgrading the Morpheus, the RPG-31, and the LIT07, and trust me, I need a LOT of gold to get them all up to Level 8.

Statistically speaking, the armour set-up is COMPLETELY inferior to the full Perseus suit: speed, power and HP are all lower than the Perseus. To fight with this set-up, you need some patience as well as exceptional understanding of how to dodge attacks. The gold pay-off is absolutely immense though, if you can put up with it.
EXCUSE ME? As you fully well know, it is not a gimmick. (Coming from the cannon master here :3) I don't really know if I'm just really good with the cannon, or I'm just average but everyone doesn't like it. From what I have heard from my angry teammates, though, I'll have to assume the former. Oh, and undead, I realize that those calculations may vary due to the unknown way they calculate damage, but I'm sure that no matter what number it is, it's definitely going to be a huge damage output on my end.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
EXCUSE ME? As you fully well know, it is not a gimmick. (Coming from the cannon master here :3) I don't really know if I'm just really good with the cannon, or I'm just average but everyone doesn't like it. From what I have heard from my angry teammates, though, I'll have to assume the former. Oh, and undead, I realize that those calculations may vary due to the unknown way they calculate damage, but I'm sure that no matter what number it is, it's definitely going to be a huge damage output on my end.
With fully upgraded cannon or M-2781 you can destroy aliens VERY QUICKLY. So the cannon just wastes more ammo, haha
But if you like it, go ahead, the laser cannon isn't very enertaining anymore, it kills like the M-2781 from a far distance, whereas a fun weapon is close range like the windblade or trinity, therefore the cannon isn't as good as the trinity, speaking in terms of funness.
*waits for Superion to shout at me* *thinks about it, covers ears*
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
The laser cannon is more a gimmick weapon for me: it's not something I usually use on bosses unless I want to help someone kill something especially fast -- which is usually when I start frying the poor critter with a hyper clip and the Thunder Armour's ability.

At this point I care not about gold or anything, even when armor with 100,000+ hp comes out, I won't get it, unless it looks REALLY COOL things are unnessecary, the only thing I will spend my money on is a flamethrower which I doubt is actually coming soon...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Newsflash of the day:
Just made my first Siegfried kill, thanks to two great teammates.
Geez, that took long, definitely need to focus on upgrading my machinegun.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
It's a gimmick for me personally, just as the M-27B1 is likely a gimmick for you too -- neither of us tend to use the other weapon much because of how our playstyles are optimised. Take it as a compliment that you know how to use a weapon that I don't like, rather than getting too fired up about it :P
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
Newsflash of the day:
Just made my first Siegfried kill, thanks to two great teammates.
Geez, that took long, definitely need to focus on upgrading my machinegun.
Congratulations! The gold you just earnt should help a bit :P
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
It's a gimmick for me personally, just as the M-27B1 is likely a gimmick for you too -- neither of us tend to use the other weapon much because of how our playstyles are optimised. Take it as a compliment that you know how to use a weapon that I don't like, rather than getting too fired up about it :P
Personally, my primary weapon is now a trinity, except for the actual boss part. In Mantis, PP, siegefried, and double rages, the weapob is SO MUCH funner to use... Than either weapon, when playing with noobs on poison pit and up I use M-2781 but isn't half as fun when they take less than a second to die... The trinity is the same, but you have to do close range which needs more skill and prctice. Thus, I am better thqn both you and Superion.I'm kidding... Ish...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthguy View Post
Personally, my primary weapon is now a trinity, except for the actual boss part. In Mantis, PP, siegefried, and double rages, the weapob is SO MUCH funner to use... Than either weapon, when playing with noobs on poison pit and up I use M-2781 but isn't half as fun when they take less than a second to die... The trinity is the same, but you have to do close range which needs more skill and prctice. Thus, I am better thqn both you and Superion.I'm kidding... Ish...
I'm more a sword-swinging moron myself, but hey, to each their own :P
Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
I'm more a sword-swinging moron myself, but hey, to each their own :P
Never SEEN you use a sword... LIAR!!! Just kidding but I have never seeen you use it...