Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-06-2012, 12:22 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
I personally hate the "rolling switch" for weapon changes. If Freyr introduced an option to just have a pushbutton switch, I would jump for joy...

DBC
Yeah. That would be great for my 3 weapons. But for 5/6? Might take too much of the screen
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoo View Post
Yeah. That would be great for my 3 weapons. But for 5/6? Might take too much of the screen
I'm actually talking about one switch that you press repeatedly. While the scroll seems like it would save time, in practice I end up not switching half the time...

Did I mention I think I might be getting addicted to TDM?

DBC
Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I'm actually talking about one switch that you press repeatedly. While the scroll seems like it would save time, in practice I end up not switching half the time...

DBC
Im losing my skill in PvP. How about Vsing 10-12? Thode guys keep killing me
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Im losing my skill in PvP. How about Vsing 10-12? Thode guys keep killing me
I have no skill in PvP, which is probably why it's fun. I'm blissfully ignorant of how terrible I am... although I did get the most kills in my last TDM...

That bow is really starting to look interesting...

What is "Vsing 10-12?"

DBC
Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I have no skill in PvP, which is probably why it's fun. I'm blissfully ignorant of how terrible I am... although I did get the most kills in my last TDM...

That bow is really starting to look interesting...

What is "Vsing 10-12?"

DBC
But thats 200 mithril. How much mithril do you have? I might grind to get that health regem pack. Like battling rank 10-12
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
How about the dracula as a health regen pack?
Going from JK's quote about 1500HP fully recovering his health, the Dracula gives you 10 seconds to do 2307 damage points to recover that same amount, from calculations alone.

As easy as that sounds when we have weapons exceeding that number in one or two seconds, the Dracula can only be used every two minutes or so. I doubt you'd be able to survive for two minutes unless you actively change from trying to get kills to trying to survive, so the 60HP/sec regen pack seems significantly more practical. Particularly given that it has a 20% chance of negating damage.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Wow I died in DR while doing the weapon switch. My teamate was missing with his sniper rifle and it was very awkward using the weapon switch
Which weapons were you combining? These are the ones I've got so far, as well as what I know about their limitations:

(Note that if you have a few weapons in your bag, you should place the combo weapons right next to each other - it makes it easier to switch between them if there's nothing else in the way)

Crab/LIT07/glitched Nova + Laser Cannon
If you fire one of the automatic weapons first and then switch to the Laser Cannon, you can sort of "negate" the charge up time. Aside from being awkward to maintain your aim at longer ranges, the Laser Cannon will NOT cool down during the combo, and you actually need to equip the Laser Cannon and stop firing for it to cool down properly. Otherwise, you need to wait a good 10 seconds for it to cooldown, no matter how much you've fired it.

Crab/LIT07/glitched Nova + M-27B1
The M-27 version of the above. This one seems more practical in some senses because of the M-27's lack of an overheat, meaning that you can switch weapons at will whenever you want. M-27 users may theoretically be able to maintain an absolutely continuous rate of fire by switching weapons when they need to dodge a boss's attack and then changing back to the M-27 without a start-up lag. Remember, however, that the M-27 is plenty powerful enough on its own -- while this might theoretically sweeten the deal, you don't really need it that much.

Black Stars + RPG-31 + RPG-24/Trinity
Basically a VERY expensive way of countering Windblade and Trinity users. Aim is a little less important at close-range with that much splash damage, but this should be much less effective in open maps, or at longer ranges.

R700-AA + R100 Railgun
This one's done a bit differently: you need to tap the right stick to make the first railgun fire, then simply switching to the second railgun quickly enough will cause it to fire on its own, without you needing to tap the right stick again. As before, aiming at long range is quite difficult, and I don't think you can really use properly on anything but a bull, or a stationary boss.

Laser Cannon + R700-AA + R100 Railgun
Superion basically uses this already, except with only one railgun during the Laser Cannon's cooldown time. What you're meant to do here is use the Laser Cannon on its own, and then use the two railguns as a combo during the cannon's cooldown - it should be stronger if you can use it properly, but again, probably harder to control at longer ranges.

R700-AA + R100 Railgun + RPG-31
A complete and utter theoretical nightmare, if anyone can use it properly. I'm not sure it's realistic to use four weapons in a combo in a time-efficient manner, hence why I haven't simply thrown all the RPGs and the Railguns into one huge equation. Note that thing is still completely impractical -- RPGs can't be used properly at long range, and railguns are hard to use at short range. You'd really need to be shooting at something large and stationary point-blank to consider this one.

-------------------------

...yeah, I've been thinking about these things for a while now >.>

Last edited by undead.exe; 08-06-2012 at 03:29 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Speed Build - usage

Just found an actual usage for a speed build in PvE, and a good one:
Did a random Siegfried run with 3 players.
Me and P2 were standing on the hill, both with M27.
P3 was very fast, and running around in the open space below, drawing all the aliens out for us to gun them down.
Really amazed me, how that went, without any communication between us.
The thing to note here is that P3 (the runner) did not get hit once, he finished the wave phase with full health.

This could work on the PP wave as well. For the other 3 I do not see how this could work, with the layout being not as open, and the spawnpoints way closer to any good camping spots.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
I might be wrong, but try tapping the weapon scroller one or twice: I seem to recall it switching weapons sometimes when I did that. I just keep getting confused as to WHICH way of the scroller it moves if that actually happened...

------------

Edit: Yup, TAP IT -- if you tap and release the weapon changer with dragging it at all (i.e. causing it to scroll), it will change to the next weapon you put in your bag (i.e. the weapon that's "above" your current one in the scroller). A bit annoying though, given how I find it quite easy to accidentally drag it slightly, which causes it not to switch at all.

Quote:
Glad you're having fun! You don't have freeloaders in PvP -- the worst thing we used to have were people inexplicably cashed up on mithril when it used to be far harder to come by (yeah, the bosses used to be even stingier than they are now).

...most of us here probably wouldn't have that problem now, seeing as the majority of us have grown into Rank 10-12 monsters of our own >.>

Last edited by undead.exe; 08-06-2012 at 05:50 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
Just found an actual usage for a speed build in PvE, and a good one:
Did a random Siegfried run with 3 players.
Me and P2 were standing on the hill, both with M27.
P3 was very fast, and running around in the open space below, drawing all the aliens out for us to gun them down.
Really amazed me, how that went, without any communication between us.
The thing to note here is that P3 (the runner) did not get hit once, he finished the wave phase with full health.

This could work on the PP wave as well. For the other 3 I do not see how this could work, with the layout being not as open, and the spawnpoints way closer to any good camping spots.
How was P3 during the actual boss-run? And was he actually killing any of the aliens himself, or simply zipping around and herding them out for you two to take out?

Even if he wasn't shooting, I'm not very inclined to call that player a freeloader - he was actually doing something which helped out the team, and sounds fun as hell to boot o__O