Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Speaking of the Nova, anyone know why my Nova suddenly got a 0.16 firerate?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrall View Post
Speaking of the Nova, anyone know why my Nova suddenly got a 0.16 firerate?
there's a post a few pages back saying that after playing a MP match, the Nova will have a .16 fire rate...

weird, but something very useful to know
Old 05-07-2012, 01:03 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrall View Post
I see… one last question. Are the mantis bosses in double rages as squishy as the one in wrath of mantis? I never seem to survive the part before the boss battle. Even with full thunder and the STK pack.
I guess that depends on your weapon. I use full thunder armor and the SAM pack with a fully upgraded M-2781, I kill them easily. Though you fight both of them at the same time (for a little while), but first you fight one while the other just shoots at you from a ledge, once the green one is at 50% hp, the purple one will come down. now the purple one is SUPER easy to kill compared to the green one. I recommend once the purple one comes off the ledge immediately switch to attacking him and he will die FAST compared to the green one, even at full hp.

Also, after playing a PvP match with the Nova, it's fire rate will change to .16 kinda weird since it doesn't do that with any other weapon. THOUGH once you exit out of the app, it will revert back to the .25 firerate, so you will just have play another PvP match to get it back to .16.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Update just hit with a few new things

-New Boss, PvP Maps and Armors
-Bosses accessible in Single Player
-iPad 3 Support
-Separated Gold/Mithril Drop Pool(Each Boss Reward is now scaled separately! Now In order to get Max Money Gain per Day, You need to kill every boss, Not Just the highest you can do. This means that money is now easier to obtain from Boss Runs)(One of the Tips on the game says: Each boss now has their own mithril drop rates )
-Bug Fixes (One of these might be the Nova glitch... can't confirm ATM though)

New Boss
- Portal Snake =O

I got 1.069M out of the battle... 935,998 from the boss (Got 4 Mithrils on my second kill)

EDIT: Ok here's what I'm seeing...
- New intro screen
- Badass main menu screen(I would like to ask the devs if they could release that background cuz i want it )
- Reworked Single Player stage select
- NEW Single Player map with 5 waves(Which is locked for me for some reason... I've beaten everything except boss stages)
- 3 Boss Stages on Single Player(Mantis, Spider, Sieg)(OF NOTE: Single Player Bosses DON'T GIVE MITHRIL)
- 2 NEW Armor sets... A white and gold one(Bought with gold) and a Dark Blue one(Looks VERY Problematic as it has like 12k MORE HP than the Phoenix armor and has an ability that heals 10k HP, -30% Less dmg taken and +1 speed for 15 secs, at every 120 secs... Oh and the chest costs 180 Mithrils, gloves cost 150)
- Float Backpack received some better animations, and so did the Windblade Windblade looks so badass now and it seems to swing faster ._.
- Monster Projectiles got a graphics overhaul too
- Graphics on the Mantis boss stage seem to have low res textures now ._. And the "nests" seem to be missing
- Windblade is now 200% cooler now. Seems like it's effective range is bigger now, it's projectiles travel faster and look better.
- Single Player boss rewards scale down with each kill, just like in Online Mode

Last edited by Drexiel; 05-07-2012 at 02:34 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 02:20 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Tried out the new boss, pretty fun. Not very hard though. I beat him without getting hit...and I"m using thunder armor and sam pack with M-2781 minigun. Though I got 809000 gold, and combined with the gold I got from the aliens I got over 1 mil. Pretty good gold for the first 2 or 3 kills.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asasnator View Post
Tried out the new boss, pretty fun. Not very hard though. I beat him without getting hit...and I"m using thunder armor and sam pack with M-2781 minigun. Though I got 809000 gold, and combined with the gold I got from the aliens I got over 1 mil. Pretty good gold for the first 2 or 3 kills.
dude, i think i was with you there... Full Pegasus set with Windblade and the gold machinegun... sound familiar?

and Yup, the boss is pretty easy but a very fun battle nonetheless

EDIT: Nope, u weren't with me on the first match, but it was a lobby made by you, my second kill, u were there... just now

Last edited by Drexiel; 05-07-2012 at 02:32 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 02:34 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

haha yeah, I saw ya. =p

Dude...that boss didn't do half of those moves the first time I fought him. When I first fought him he never went under ground or teleported through walls...dude haha was a bit harder then my first attempt.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asasnator View Post
haha yeah, I saw ya. =p

Dude...that boss didn't do half of those moves the first time I fought him. When I first fought him he never went under ground or teleported through walls...dude haha was a bit harder then my first attempt.
xD

He used all of those the first time i killed him.... He gives a lot of money... but hits like a 5 year old girl... he ran me over and took like 3k hp..... monsters b4 the boss hit harder....

gotta take advantage of this now b4 he gets buffed xD

BTW something I noticed...

When he goes underground... while his tail is still out, you can see where he is coming out next....

and as for the portals.... I just go to the one he went trough, easier to spot where the next portal spawned...

Since he's so easy, imma have to change to the thunder set
Old 05-07-2012, 02:52 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

yeah the only issue I have the with the fight is that...before you get to him, the aliens before that hit like a truck, 3 hits and your dead (when using thunder armor). Though not to bad if you NEVER stand still for very long, and when your moving make sure that you are walking FORWARD when attacking so that nothing can come up from behind and attack you...cause you'll move to fast so the most they can do is reach you, stop try to attack, but by then your way out of their range. So make sure your always moving forward when firing, and when you hit a wall quickly turn around maybe strafe for a second or two to pick off any aliens that are on your tail, then continue to move forward and etc. Very simple method really, its how I rarely die with thunder armor here when I'm doing levels out of the armor's league.

EDIT: also..I'm kinda falling in love with the new white/gold armor set that just came out. It gives 2!!, yes 2!!! additional SPD so I move like a lightening bolt! also get 25% POW, so easy to play now...haha and you get 5% additional gold, so I'm almost contemplating changing my main armor set...DX I'll miss you my wonderful thunder armor...lol though I'll probably still use the thunder armor the most for when farming gold for the first 3 boss kills of each boss or just helping out new players on easy bosses, but after that I'm gonna use the new white/gold armor. =D

Last edited by Asasnator; 05-07-2012 at 02:59 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 02:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok so I can kill the serpent in a party... still can't kill siegfried -__-