Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 AM

Undead, do you know if the reflection app supports a direct connection? I think that would give better frames per second...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Undead, similarly, have you tried out Duels of the Planeswalkers, for the iPad? I find it a great game, although there's a price to unlock the full game, the customization is great, and the multiplayer is fun. I've always wanted to play with someone from here, or any of my GC friends, that is.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
Undead, do you know if the reflection app supports a direct connection? I think that would give better frames per second...
Reflection App was designed specifically to utilise the Airplay mirroring function of iDevices, so no, it doesn't support a direct connection. I've looked at some of the available recording options, but the remainder are either too troublesome (e.g. display recorder via jailbreaking) or too expensive (capture cards).

If you already have a direct connection to your computer, you won't need Reflection App -- any screen-recording program on your computer will do it. Reflection was specifically to get the screen feed onto the comp, but it just so happens that it also allows you to record and encode to mp4 at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
Undead, similarly, have you tried out Duels of the Planeswalkers, for the iPad? I find it a great game, although there's a price to unlock the full game, the customization is great, and the multiplayer is fun. I've always wanted to play with someone from here, or any of my GC friends, that is.
It's a card game, right? Those generally don't appeal to me too much, but I can give it some thought once I've exhausted what's currently on my plate (in particular, I'm trying to figure out how the heck I'm meant to chase after a certain player on Skyriders, who is a complete and utter leaderboard monster)...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Sure. I just took a little look at Skyriders, and honestly, it looks like that game where you lead your mouse through the twisting tunnels with obstacles. I'll definitely try it out and see what's going on, though.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Sure. I just took a little look at Skyriders, and honestly, it looks like that game where you lead your mouse through the twisting tunnels with obstacles. I'll definitely try it out and see what's going on, though.
Think "high speed tunnel racer combined with platform jumping". Except that it's not a race in the sense that you need to get to the end as quickly as you can -- you're meant to collect stars and use speed boosts to increase your score multiplier. At the speed the action moves though, it's hard to describe it with something other than "racer", despite the fact that it's not about racing at all.

--------------

Back on topic: for anyone who silences the in-game music in Star Warfare, what other things are you listening to while playing it?

Last edited by undead.exe; 11-06-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Side note to Sheinfell: I know you play card games on iOS, so have you given any thought to or tried out Wizards' new game, Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013?
I don't like Magic So that's a no and most likely will stay that way.
Specifically, what I always disliked is the insane deck optimising and powergaming you can do with it. When I was younger, I played reallife cardgames like Vampire, Kult, Mythos, and Guardians. Guardians was hilarious, because it parodied all the usual fantasy cliches and did other stuff that made me laugh. Especially the artwork was great fun.
Here is one of my favorite cards, Pauly the Official Parrot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-Li...-/271001665921 .

Geez, looking at the price: Maybe I should sell my cards. Guess I have a few thousands Euros stowed away there...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I don't mute it often, as I like music while I listen to the ingame sounds, but when I do I usually listen to my music, if anything.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM

Ahh, some players make me feel ashamed sometimes =.="

Just ran into a freeloader on Siegfried who was tainting the reputation of my favourite Thunder Armour. I've just played with him two times in a row -- he seems to think that a low-levelled shotgun counts as "contribution" >_____>

He sure lived for quite a while using nothing but a Windblade after he realised that his shotgun wasn't going to make me fire my M-27 again after the first hyper clip...but I don't think he would have done much more than about 10-15% of Siegfried's health before finally falling both times >.>

----------------------------------

Also...I've been wondering for a while, but I don't actually see that many similarities now besides the artificially modified armour colour. What do you guys think? Similar, or not really? (I should add that I'm not asking what you guys think of the colour modification, because that's simple enough -- but do the two armours remind you of the Halo MJOLNIR armour?)

Last edited by undead.exe; 11-06-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Old 11-06-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Ahh, some players make me feel ashamed sometimes =.="

Just ran into a freeloader on Siegfried who was tainting the reputation of my favourite Thunder Armour. I've just played with him two times in a row -- he seems to think that a low-levelled shotgun counts as "contribution" >_____>

He sure lived for quite a while using nothing but a Windblade after he realised that his shotgun wasn't going to make me fire my M-27 again after the first hyper clip...but I don't think he would have done much more than about 10-15% of Siegfried's health before finally falling both times >.>

----------------------------------

Also...I've been wondering for a while, but I don't actually see that many similarities now besides the artificially modified armour colour. What do you guys think? Similar, or not really?

It's pretty good.

I listen to alternative rock
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
It's pretty good.

I listen to alternative rock
Ah, btw, I wasn't asking about what you think of the colour modification -- I didn't really do much to consider this "work". Rather, do some of the armours in Star Warfare remind you of Halo's designs (hence the colour tweaking to try and make it look similar), or do you think theythe designs aren't that similar afterall?

Alternative rock, huh? I think I've been throwing trance into the mix...or just downright weird songs, sometimes. I took up Capricornman's advice from a while back, and decided to try playing the game while listening to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cindy Laupner...

...I swear, it's a positively bizarre experience violently gunning down aliens while listening to a song that sounds that happy o___o