Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9601  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
undead.exe undead.exe is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoo View Post
This thread is dying...
This is actually still the most active of the threads that I'm currently subscribed to. Given that we're a relatively small community (in reference to the Star Warfare players on TouchArcade), we're comparatively talkative for a game which may be becoming a little stagnant.

I've started messing around in PvP a little just for something different, but I'm beginning to play this less in favour of Kingdom Hearts (might seem a little weird, but just a series I've been following ). Have most of you guys moved onto N.O.V.A. 3? I gave it another try yesterday, but I'm getting bowled over rather easily in multiplayer with my current skills >.>
Reply With Quote
  #9602  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 PM
ThePowerofLava ThePowerofLava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
This is actually still the most active of the threads that I'm currently subscribed to. Given that we're a relatively small community (in reference to the Star Warfare players on TouchArcade), we're comparatively talkative for a game which may be becoming a little stagnant.

I've started messing around in PvP a little just for something different, but I'm beginning to play this less in favour of Kingdom Hearts (might seem a little weird, but just a series I've been following ). Have most of you guys moved onto N.O.V.A. 3? I gave it another try yesterday, but I'm getting bowled over rather easily in multiplayer with my current skills >.>
Yeah, multiplayer is kind of boring when there isn't a tournament on....

Not to mention the jetpack/rocket jerks. Have you encountered them yet?
Reply With Quote
  #9603  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 PM
undead.exe undead.exe is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
Yeah, multiplayer is kind of boring when there isn't a tournament on....

Not to mention the jetpack/rocket jerks. Have you encountered them yet?
Haven't seen those horrors yet, but I was playing some kind of match with a red rifle that seemed to kill in one or two hits. Any idea what that thing was?
Reply With Quote
  #9604  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
ThePowerofLava ThePowerofLava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Haven't seen those horrors yet, but I was playing some kind of match with a red rifle that seemed to kill in one or two hits. Any idea what that thing was?
That would be a Railgun. You reloaded by stabbing it with a syringe, right?

Were you playing a game mode called instagib? It gives everyone railguns, and one shot kills.
Reply With Quote
  #9605  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 AM
undead.exe undead.exe is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
That would be a Railgun. You reloaded by stabbing it with a syringe, right?

Were you playing a game mode called instagib? It gives everyone railguns, and one shot kills.
Proooobably that. I just joined any multiplayer room I could find to see what happens.

Suffice it to say, I got one kill...to about 5 or 6 deaths. Couldn't figure out how to move like I wanted to with the "run" button being right on top of the left stick, I'll need to think about what to do with that.

If I happen to run into any of you, aim for me!! I'll be a sitting duck as I currently am right now >___>
Reply With Quote
  #9606  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 AM
ThePowerofLava ThePowerofLava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Proooobably that. I just joined any multiplayer room I could find to see what happens.

Suffice it to say, I got one kill...to about 5 or 6 deaths. Couldn't figure out how to move like I wanted to with the "run" button being right on top of the left stick, I'll need to think about what to do with that.

If I happen to run into any of you, aim for me!! I'll be a sitting duck as I currently am right now >___>
You can costomize the control layouts in.... Somewhere. I can't remember exactly.

What's your Gameloft Live name? I could join the match you are in, help you out a bit....
Reply With Quote
  #9607  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 AM
undead.exe undead.exe is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
You can costomize the control layouts in.... Somewhere. I can't remember exactly.

What's your Gameloft Live name? I could join the match your in, help you out a bit....
Nah, thanks for the offer, but I should probably work through campaign a bit more and get used to the controls and weapons first. I've always been a bit of a flunk in proper first-person shooter games (my most successful attack strategy seems to be sprinting around in corridors and then running up and knifing people in the face >_____>)

I'm not on that often, but my Gameloft name is "undeadEXE" -- they didn't let me put periods into the username because it has to be Alphanumeric =.="
Reply With Quote
  #9608  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 AM
ThePowerofLava ThePowerofLava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Nah, thanks for the offer, but I should probably work through campaign a bit more and get used to the controls and weapons first. I've always been a bit of a flunk in proper first-person shooter games (my most successful attack strategy seems to be sprinting around in corridors and then running up and knifing people in the face >_____>)

I'm not on that often, but my Gameloft name is "undeadEXE" -- they didn't let me put periods into the username because it has to be Alphanumeric =.="
I always end up with a shotgun, even in this game. It is very powerful, though.

I also found the customizable control interface. You have to be IN a game (campaign or multiplayer) to access it. Press the pause button, then go to options>controls>customize interface.

Drag the buttons to move them around.
Reply With Quote
  #9609  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 AM
undead.exe undead.exe is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
I also found the customizable control interface. You have to be IN a game (campaign or multiplayer) to access it. Press the pause button, then go to options>controls>customize interface.

Drag the buttons to move them around.
Thanks! I've got a whole bunch of buttons on the right side of the screen for now, but I'll see how that fares when they actually pop-up (I stuffed the run button on the right side of the screen because it resembles the same position that I use for quickdrawing in SW).
Reply With Quote
  #9610  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:37 AM
ThePowerofLava ThePowerofLava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Thanks! I've got a whole bunch of buttons on the right side of the screen for now, but I'll see how that fares when they actually pop-up (I stuffed the run button on the right side of the screen because it resembles the same position that I use for quickdrawing in SW).
Overlapping the secondary fire button and the armor powers button seems to work well... You never have both on the screen at the same time anyway.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent