★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
This thread is dying...
11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoo View Post
This thread is dying...
This is actually still the most active of the threads that I'm currently subscribed to. Given that we're a relatively small community (in reference to the Star Warfare players on TouchArcade), we're comparatively talkative for a game which may be becoming a little stagnant.

I've started messing around in PvP a little just for something different, but I'm beginning to play this less in favour of Kingdom Hearts (might seem a little weird, but just a series I've been following ). Have most of you guys moved onto N.O.V.A. 3? I gave it another try yesterday, but I'm getting bowled over rather easily in multiplayer with my current skills >.>

11-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
This is actually still the most active of the threads that I'm currently subscribed to. Given that we're a relatively small community (in reference to the Star Warfare players on TouchArcade), we're comparatively talkative for a game which may be becoming a little stagnant.

I've started messing around in PvP a little just for something different, but I'm beginning to play this less in favour of Kingdom Hearts (might seem a little weird, but just a series I've been following ). Have most of you guys moved onto N.O.V.A. 3? I gave it another try yesterday, but I'm getting bowled over rather easily in multiplayer with my current skills >.>
Yeah, multiplayer is kind of boring when there isn't a tournament on....

Not to mention the jetpack/rocket jerks. Have you encountered them yet?
11-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
Yeah, multiplayer is kind of boring when there isn't a tournament on....

Not to mention the jetpack/rocket jerks. Have you encountered them yet?
Haven't seen those horrors yet, but I was playing some kind of match with a red rifle that seemed to kill in one or two hits. Any idea what that thing was?
11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Haven't seen those horrors yet, but I was playing some kind of match with a red rifle that seemed to kill in one or two hits. Any idea what that thing was?
That would be a Railgun. You reloaded by stabbing it with a syringe, right?

Were you playing a game mode called instagib? It gives everyone railguns, and one shot kills.
11-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
That would be a Railgun. You reloaded by stabbing it with a syringe, right?

Were you playing a game mode called instagib? It gives everyone railguns, and one shot kills.
Proooobably that. I just joined any multiplayer room I could find to see what happens.

Suffice it to say, I got one kill...to about 5 or 6 deaths. Couldn't figure out how to move like I wanted to with the "run" button being right on top of the left stick, I'll need to think about what to do with that.

If I happen to run into any of you, aim for me!! I'll be a sitting duck as I currently am right now >___>
11-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Proooobably that. I just joined any multiplayer room I could find to see what happens.

Suffice it to say, I got one kill...to about 5 or 6 deaths. Couldn't figure out how to move like I wanted to with the "run" button being right on top of the left stick, I'll need to think about what to do with that.

If I happen to run into any of you, aim for me!! I'll be a sitting duck as I currently am right now >___>
You can costomize the control layouts in.... Somewhere. I can't remember exactly.

What's your Gameloft Live name? I could join the match you are in, help you out a bit....
11-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
You can costomize the control layouts in.... Somewhere. I can't remember exactly.

What's your Gameloft Live name? I could join the match your in, help you out a bit....
Nah, thanks for the offer, but I should probably work through campaign a bit more and get used to the controls and weapons first. I've always been a bit of a flunk in proper first-person shooter games (my most successful attack strategy seems to be sprinting around in corridors and then running up and knifing people in the face >_____>)

I'm not on that often, but my Gameloft name is "undeadEXE" -- they didn't let me put periods into the username because it has to be Alphanumeric =.="
11-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Nah, thanks for the offer, but I should probably work through campaign a bit more and get used to the controls and weapons first. I've always been a bit of a flunk in proper first-person shooter games (my most successful attack strategy seems to be sprinting around in corridors and then running up and knifing people in the face >_____>)

I'm not on that often, but my Gameloft name is "undeadEXE" -- they didn't let me put periods into the username because it has to be Alphanumeric =.="
I always end up with a shotgun, even in this game. It is very powerful, though.

I also found the customizable control interface. You have to be IN a game (campaign or multiplayer) to access it. Press the pause button, then go to options>controls>customize interface.

Drag the buttons to move them around.
11-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
I also found the customizable control interface. You have to be IN a game (campaign or multiplayer) to access it. Press the pause button, then go to options>controls>customize interface.

Drag the buttons to move them around.
Thanks! I've got a whole bunch of buttons on the right side of the screen for now, but I'll see how that fares when they actually pop-up (I stuffed the run button on the right side of the screen because it resembles the same position that I use for quickdrawing in SW).