Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerofLava View Post
On a slightly sillier note: who wants Black Ops 2 but is too lazy to get it? *raises hand*
I've actually got the reverse problem, though not for Black Ops 2...

I've got Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 4, and Kingdom Hearts 3DS -- but I'm too lazy to get around to playing the first two right now =.="

(Or rather, I'm too busy playing Kingdom Hearts right now, but I HAVE actually been too lazy to play games =.=")
Old 11-13-2012, 04:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
when i watch this, it reminds me that jesus is alive and watching over me
Jesus is running the NSA public security observation department?

I agree with the others, no religion here please. You don't see me singing about the joys of atheism and not having to bow to some magic invisible nonexisting sociopath in the sky, now do you?
Same as undead, I could say much more on the subject, but this forum isn't the right place for it.
Mind, you can be as crazy as you want in your own house (aka believe whatever you want) as long as you do not harm anyone else, but leave me alone unless I ask for it.
Oh, and go and *really* read the bible, especially all the good old-testament stuff about genocide, killing the infidels, etc. Try that one: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ , it might cure you
And I am always up for a discussion, but that shouldn't be held here.

-----
Other than that, not interested in BlackOps(whatevernumber) at all
My iPad game backlog is still huge, and sometimes I don't feel like delving into timeconsuming and challenging games, but just want some easy nobrainer to entertain me.
StarWarfare was great for that, but got stale unfortunately. Does anyone have news if Freyr announced any more upcoming content? Ideally more bosses etc.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Okay, I'm using looking at the free strategy games from "Top Charts", and right now, I'm down to about #270 of the free apps. The only problem is that I don't know HOW these apps are being sorted (there's no indicator of "release date", "highest average rating" or whatever).
I think I figured part of it out.
Go to Games, then select a category, e.g. Strategy.
The two rows "paid" and "free" show the 18 most recent apps each, sorted descending (left to right in this case, not top to bottom) by release date. At first they show 9 in landscape mode. Swiping right shows the next 9, swiping left then gets you back to the first 9.
What do you mean by "looking at the free strategy games from "Top Charts"?
Aside from Paid and Free, I have "What's Hot" and "New", but I did not bother to figure out how those are sorted (e.g. how "sorted by recommended" works exactly).
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
What do you mean by "looking at the free strategy games from "Top Charts"?
Aside from Paid and Free, I have "What's Hot" and "New", but I did not bother to figure out how those are sorted (e.g. how "sorted by recommended" works exactly).
"Top Charts" is a selectable tab at the bottom of the screen if you're looking at the AppStore from an iPad. Tapping that will cause three columns of apps to appear, rather than the four rows you saw earlier (you would have been under the "Featured" tab at the bottom of the screen when you brought up the four rows of games earlier).

When you first go to the "Top Charts" tab, it's showing the top ranked "Paid", "Free" and "Top Grossing" apps across all categories. There will be a button in the top left corner labelled "All Categories". Tapping on that can let you narrow it down to "games", and you can further narrow it down to what sort of game genre you want to display. Once you've narrowed it down to the genre of your desire, scroll RIGHT to the bottom of the column you're interested in (i.e. Paid, Free, or Top Grossing). After the 100th app, there's a button in each column labelled "see all" -- tap on that, and you'll bring up the apps in a grid/list view, which seems to endlessly load more apps in ranked order when you scroll to the bottom (they'll load well past #100).

Hope that helps. If it's still a bit unclear, I'll try taking some screenshots later, upload's a little jittery right now.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM
iPhone 4

You have halo 4 undead!?!?!?!?!?! So lucky!:d
Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
You have halo 4 undead!?!?!?!?!?! So lucky!:d
DUDE, COD Black Ops 2 COMES OUT TODAY!!!! YOU THINK HALO'S BETTER???

Thanks god another one of us.

Can you compare COD and Halo for me a bit?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
DUDE, COD Black Ops 2 COMES OUT TODAY!!!! YOU THINK HALO'S BETTER???

Thanks god another one of us.

Can you compare COD and Halo for me a bit?
It came out at midnight, I played it at my cousins all night

I haven't played halo 4 yet, but from what I've seen it's another halo game....

IMO, Halo usually has better storytelling/campaign, and COD has better multiplayer.

And cheers for the first weapon I get out of the box in BO2 Zombies: the Raygun
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
"Top Charts" is a selectable tab at the bottom of the screen if you're looking at the AppStore from an iPad.
Oh, *that* one...
I always ignored the toplists, because they are not exactly, well, top. Or, to be blunt, 99% of the time filled with total rubbish.
"Tap Campus Life" as 2nd Free for Strategy? Please...
Appstore should introduce a category "total crap games" (sorry, "casual" is the pc word ) and dump all that stuff in there. I wonder if anyone at Apple ever checks if the game at least remotely matches the category.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
It came out at midnight, I played it at my cousins all night
Aahhhh, the good old times... the only "allnighters" I get these days is when our toddler keeps us awake
Good thing is he is already spoiled rotten with the iThingies
Who wants a politically correct, educationally valuable, pediatrically approved, development-stimulating, bio-degradable wood toy when you can have Mommy's iPhone!
Give him a few years, and we have a new guy joining us for "StarWarfare3 - Toddler's Revenge"
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
And cheers for the first weapon I get out of the box in BO2 Zombies: the Raygun
LUCKY!! what is the wonder weapon?