★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: right next to you
Posts: 612
hi undead, see that you're "swimming" around
11-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
hi undead, see that you're "swimming" around
Define "swimming around" >.>

There are still some active SW players on the wiki and around the place, but most of us on this particular forum have probably been playing it for too long to maintain high levels of engagement in the game for much longer. Fairly sure chatting and casual gaming is still welcome, but interests in newer/more in-depth games such as Modern Combat and Black Ops appear to be taking over, which is natural enough -- this game had a pretty good run for something which was polished for an iOS game, but still lacking in overall dynamics.

11-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Define "swimming around" >.>

There are still some active SW players on the wiki and around the place, but most of us on this particular forum have probably been playing it for too long to maintain high levels of engagement in the game for much longer. Fairly sure chatting and casual gaming is still welcome, but interests in newer/more in-depth games such as Modern Combat and Black Ops appear to be taking over, which is natural enough -- this game had a pretty good run for something which was polished for an iOS game, but still lacking in overall dynamics.
Ah, yes, those newer games. I haven't been too active anywhere, really, but I'd anything I'm just anxious for a SW update or anything to keep me occupied.
11-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
Ah, yes, those newer games. I haven't been too active anywhere, really, but I'd anything I'm just anxious for a SW update or anything to keep me occupied.
Same here. Anything on the SW website?
11-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
Ah, yes, those newer games. I haven't been too active anywhere, really, but I'd anything I'm just anxious for a SW update or anything to keep me occupied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoo View Post
Same here. Anything on the SW website?
---------------------------------


To somewhat answer that, a post on Freyr forums from their marketing representative (one of the few reasons I even look there anymore)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod

A Christmas update for star warfare is in development.


Project Y will be delayed as we cant submit the game to App Store for review before 8th December which is the deadline for all new games in 2012


Click here for source post

There are a few other games in development, apparently, but they're not due until sometime next year unless I'm mistaken. At this point, there's been no detail on what's included in the "Christmas update" -- I somehow doubt that we'd see wacky items such as a Santa Claus armour or a Candy Cane gun...but in the off-chance that's what we're getting, I'm gonna grab those >____>
11-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,731
Cool. I hope they add something more challenging for the higher ranked people.
11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
---------------------------------


To somewhat answer that, a post on Freyr forums from their marketing representative (one of the few reasons I even look there anymore)







Click here for source post

There are a few other games in development, apparently, but they're not due until sometime next year unless I'm mistaken. At this point, there's been no detail on what's included in the "Christmas update" -- I somehow doubt that we'd see wacky items such as a Santa Claus armour or a Candy Cane gun...but in the off-chance that's what we're getting, I'm gonna grab those >____>
Oh yes, I'd buy those right away. A little to the side of the Christmas update, I'd suggest to them a feature, but I'd like to propose it to you guys before I actually consider the email. So here goes: I'd like to see some more cooperative teamwork, even in survival/single-player. Not to say we don't want new bosses r mechanics, but one that I'd like to see is a teamwork/mercenary feature. In depth, it's a lot like Gun Bros and such, where you can take players from your game center lists and invite them to your party, or use them as a temporary teammate for those solo matches or survival games. And of there's a last thing I want, I'd like to see in-game text chat, or even better, live voice chat. It encourages teamwork, and has been used often in some newer games to provide the same experience.
11-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
Oh yes, I'd buy those right away. A little to the side of the Christmas update, I'd suggest to them a feature, but I'd like to propose it to you guys before I actually consider the email. So here goes: I'd like to see some more cooperative teamwork, even in survival/single-player. Not to say we don't want new bosses r mechanics, but one that I'd like to see is a teamwork/mercenary feature. In depth, it's a lot like Gun Bros and such, where you can take players from your game center lists and invite them to your party, or use them as a temporary teammate for those solo matches or survival games. And of there's a last thing I want, I'd like to see in-game text chat, or even better, live voice chat. It encourages teamwork, and has been used often in some newer games to provide the same experience.
That sounds good, and if they don't like your specific ideas, at least they know you want an emphasis on cooperation.
11-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
Oh yes, I'd buy those right away. A little to the side of the Christmas update, I'd suggest to them a feature, but I'd like to propose it to you guys before I actually consider the email. So here goes: I'd like to see some more cooperative teamwork, even in survival/single-player. Not to say we don't want new bosses r mechanics, but one that I'd like to see is a teamwork/mercenary feature. In depth, it's a lot like Gun Bros and such, where you can take players from your game center lists and invite them to your party, or use them as a temporary teammate for those solo matches or survival games. And of there's a last thing I want, I'd like to see in-game text chat, or even better, live voice chat. It encourages teamwork, and has been used often in some newer games to provide the same experience.
In-game voice or text chatting are both fairly contested requests, from what I've seen: while a lot of people are asking for ways to communicate with their fellow players, the primary counter arguments are that text chatting may be impractical given how long it takes to type, and that both forms may allow for flaming from less mature players. I certainly wouldn't complain if they put one of them in with the option to turn then off by default though.

I'd be interested to see how that temporary teammate mechanic works, actually: if the A.I. counterpart of your teammate can actually imitate the person's full playstyle, that could result in some devastating effects if your teammate uses any weapon combos. Otherwise, though, you may be at a disadvantage: a lot of us here are skilled enough to survive just about all the bosses with the Thunder Armour, but if the A.I. versions of ourselves don't have that same dodging sense, they'll die before the actual boss fight on Serpent, and possibly other bosses. That, and attempting to use the weapons in the combos separately makes them much less efficient than the M-27 alone, usually.

That's all just extra thoughts i had on the matter for discussion -- youve certainly got my approval to send the email as-is for the features you want
11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Joined: May 2012
Location: Europe, CET timezone
Posts: 943
Christmas Update:
New boss: Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer like Serpent on steroids. Oh wait, there is more than one reindeer pulling that sled -> first bossfight with 3+ bosses.
And a Santa Armor would be really nice.

@Superion: While the teammate idea is nice, don't forget that this will require alot of effort in terms of AI coding. So I do not really see that happen.
Voicechat would be a great addition. If I remember right, I asked them about it months ago, and never got a reply.