Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-18-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
hi undead, see that you're "swimming" around
Define "swimming around" >.>

There are still some active SW players on the wiki and around the place, but most of us on this particular forum have probably been playing it for too long to maintain high levels of engagement in the game for much longer. Fairly sure chatting and casual gaming is still welcome, but interests in newer/more in-depth games such as Modern Combat and Black Ops appear to be taking over, which is natural enough -- this game had a pretty good run for something which was polished for an iOS game, but still lacking in overall dynamics.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Define "swimming around" >.>

There are still some active SW players on the wiki and around the place, but most of us on this particular forum have probably been playing it for too long to maintain high levels of engagement in the game for much longer. Fairly sure chatting and casual gaming is still welcome, but interests in newer/more in-depth games such as Modern Combat and Black Ops appear to be taking over, which is natural enough -- this game had a pretty good run for something which was polished for an iOS game, but still lacking in overall dynamics.
Ah, yes, those newer games. I haven't been too active anywhere, really, but I'd anything I'm just anxious for a SW update or anything to keep me occupied.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
Ah, yes, those newer games. I haven't been too active anywhere, really, but I'd anything I'm just anxious for a SW update or anything to keep me occupied.
Same here. Anything on the SW website?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoo View Post
Same here. Anything on the SW website?
---------------------------------

To somewhat answer that, a post on Freyr forums from their marketing representative (one of the few reasons I even look there anymore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod

A Christmas update for star warfare is in development.

Project Y will be delayed as we can’t submit the game to App Store for review before 8th December which is the deadline for all new games in 2012

Click here for source post

There are a few other games in development, apparently, but they're not due until sometime next year unless I'm mistaken. At this point, there's been no detail on what's included in the "Christmas update" -- I somehow doubt that we'd see wacky items such as a Santa Claus armour or a Candy Cane gun...but in the off-chance that's what we're getting, I'm gonna grab those >____>
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Cool. I hope they add something more challenging for the higher ranked people.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
---------------------------------

To somewhat answer that, a post on Freyr forums from their marketing representative (one of the few reasons I even look there anymore)

Click here for source post

There are a few other games in development, apparently, but they're not due until sometime next year unless I'm mistaken. At this point, there's been no detail on what's included in the "Christmas update" -- I somehow doubt that we'd see wacky items such as a Santa Claus armour or a Candy Cane gun...but in the off-chance that's what we're getting, I'm gonna grab those >____>
Oh yes, I'd buy those right away. A little to the side of the Christmas update, I'd suggest to them a feature, but I'd like to propose it to you guys before I actually consider the email. So here goes: I'd like to see some more cooperative teamwork, even in survival/single-player. Not to say we don't want new bosses r mechanics, but one that I'd like to see is a teamwork/mercenary feature. In depth, it's a lot like Gun Bros and such, where you can take players from your game center lists and invite them to your party, or use them as a temporary teammate for those solo matches or survival games. And of there's a last thing I want, I'd like to see in-game text chat, or even better, live voice chat. It encourages teamwork, and has been used often in some newer games to provide the same experience.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, I'd buy those right away. A little to the side of the Christmas update, I'd suggest to them a feature, but I'd like to propose it to you guys before I actually consider the email. So here goes: I'd like to see some more cooperative teamwork, even in survival/single-player. Not to say we don't want new bosses r mechanics, but one that I'd like to see is a teamwork/mercenary feature. In depth, it's a lot like Gun Bros and such, where you can take players from your game center lists and invite them to your party, or use them as a temporary teammate for those solo matches or survival games. And of there's a last thing I want, I'd like to see in-game text chat, or even better, live voice chat. It encourages teamwork, and has been used often in some newer games to provide the same experience.
That sounds good, and if they don't like your specific ideas, at least they know you want an emphasis on cooperation.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
In-game voice or text chatting are both fairly contested requests, from what I've seen: while a lot of people are asking for ways to communicate with their fellow players, the primary counter arguments are that text chatting may be impractical given how long it takes to type, and that both forms may allow for flaming from less mature players. I certainly wouldn't complain if they put one of them in with the option to turn then off by default though.

I'd be interested to see how that temporary teammate mechanic works, actually: if the A.I. counterpart of your teammate can actually imitate the person's full playstyle, that could result in some devastating effects if your teammate uses any weapon combos. Otherwise, though, you may be at a disadvantage: a lot of us here are skilled enough to survive just about all the bosses with the Thunder Armour, but if the A.I. versions of ourselves don't have that same dodging sense, they'll die before the actual boss fight on Serpent, and possibly other bosses. That, and attempting to use the weapons in the combos separately makes them much less efficient than the M-27 alone, usually.

That's all just extra thoughts i had on the matter for discussion -- youve certainly got my approval to send the email as-is for the features you want
Old 11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Christmas Update:
New boss: Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer like Serpent on steroids. Oh wait, there is more than one reindeer pulling that sled -> first bossfight with 3+ bosses.
And a Santa Armor would be really nice.

@Superion: While the teammate idea is nice, don't forget that this will require alot of effort in terms of AI coding. So I do not really see that happen.
Voicechat would be a great addition. If I remember right, I asked them about it months ago, and never got a reply.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 PM

For anyone who knows how to navigate the AppStore: can anyone else see a Chinese version of Star Warfare if they view the apps available for download from Freyr? I need to get on a wireless network to see if I can download it...

It would also appear that there's a HD version of the game on Android devices, with a slightly different icon (more red lighting, the letters "HD", and some other little details). Haven't a clue what the difference is though, unless Android devices can't run universal apps th same way iOS can...

-----------

Edit: regarding the Chinese version of the game, turns out it's an identical app -- except just about all the text is now in Chinese (well, duh >.>). Pity, I thought it might've been part of why we couldn't play alongside players from Asia...

...also, for whatever reason, Serpent's Chinese name is "Seven Inches" -- that thing was a LOT bigger than 7 inches last I looked...

-----------

Edit2:

Wrath of Mantis --> 黄雀 (huang2 qiao3) --> "Yellow Bird"
Poison Pit --> 毒液 (du2 ye4) --> "Venom"
Siegfried --> 屠龙 (tu2 long2) --> "Slaughter Dragon"
Double Rages --> 逆袭 (ni4 xi2) --> "Rebel Attack" ("ni4" may also mean "contrary", "opposite", "backwards" "to betray"...)
Serpent --> 七寸 (qi1 cun4) --> "Seven Inches"

Last edited by undead.exe; 11-19-2012 at 03:57 PM..