Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
Edit2:

Wrath of Mantis --> 黄雀 (huang2 qiao3) --> "Yellow Bird"
Poison Pit --> 毒液 (du2 ye4) --> "Venom"
Siegfried --> 屠龙 (tu2 long2) --> "Slaughter Dragon"
Double Rages --> 逆袭 (ni4 xi2) --> "Rebel Attack" ("ni4" may also mean "contrary", "opposite", "backwards" "to betray"...)
Serpent --> 七寸 (qi1 cun4) --> "Seven Inches"
kill dragon
instead of rebel attack (this is one possibility) but it could also mean counter-attack.

The rest yes... Instead of bird it is a special type but close enough.
Serpent is 7 inches... Quite possible, we may be 1 inch tall...

WE ARE LEGO MINIFIGURES IN THIS GAME!!! JK.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
iPhone 4

NEW BOSSES!!!!

new armors!

thats all im asking...
Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
NEW BOSSES!!!!

new armors!

thats all im asking...
Same here.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
Christmas Update:
New boss: Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer like Serpent on steroids. Oh wait, there is more than one reindeer pulling that sled -> first bossfight with 3+ bosses.
And a Santa Armor would be really nice.
I want those reindeers too. I want them to come with Serpent's teleporting charge as well.

...except I want them as regular enemies, not bosses. And I want them bombarding the players left and right.

*CHAOS ENSUES*
Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
can anyone else see a Chinese version of Star Warfare if they view the apps available for download from Freyr?
Yup, I see the Chinese app, too.
I always wondered about that, why I see so many Chinese-only applications...

Quote:
It would also appear that there's a HD version of the game on Android devices.
If I remember right (I do not care much about Android, so I do not really pay attention), the maximum size of Apps in the Android store is much smaller than on iTunes (where the current 1GB limit is becoming a problem already) .
Also, HD on Android devices? How many different screen resolutions do you need to take into account there? Apple is getting ridiculous for developers already (with at least 4 different resolutions across devices), and with the Android fragmentation I assume it is even worse there.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Yup, I see the Chinese app, too.
I always wondered about that, why I see so many Chinese-only applications...

If I remember right (I do not care much about Android, so I do not really pay attention), the maximum size of Apps in the Android store is much smaller than on iTunes (where the current 1GB limit is becoming a problem already) .
Also, HD on Android devices? How many different screen resolutions do you need to take into account there? Apple is getting ridiculous for developers already (with at least 4 different resolutions across devices), and with the Android fragmentation I assume it is even worse there.
I would've thought they could just make universal apps similarly to how iOS does it, though I suppose that probably also jacks up the filesize...

On that note, that might be why there's a separate app for Star Warfare in Chinese: while most of the inner core workings appear to be the same, they've simply changed all the text to display Chinese, minus a few exceptions (Title Screen logo, weapon names, etc).

One thing I've found quite interesting though: the core contents of the installation files aren't actually identical between the English and Chinese versions of the game. I'm swiping between the two apps on an iPad 3, and I can see some noticeable quality differences between the two apps when you pay attention to the graphics: some of the textures on the Chinese version of the app appears more pixelated and blurred, whereas the English version of the app has much sharper detail and definition of things like armour panelling and the details on some of the weapons (the Laser Cannon looks somewhat messy in the Chinese version).
Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
i can see some noticeable quality differences between the two apps when you pay attention to the graphics: Some of the textures on the chinese version of the app appears more pixelated and blurred, whereas the english version of the app has much sharper detail and definition of things like armour panelling and the details on some of the weapons (the laser cannon looks somewhat messy in the chinese version).
中文的東西似乎品質都比較差...
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow0x View Post
中文的東西似乎品質都比較差...
...when you have to choose, always buy the English stuff.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow0x View Post
...when you have to choose, always buy the English stuff.
I do not understand Chinese at all, so no point for me in buying a Chinese-only app. Well, the characters look a good measure of awesomeness better than Latin alphabet
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I do not understand Chinese at all, so no point for me in buying a Chinese-only app. Well, the characters look a good measure of awesomeness better than Latin alphabet
The font they used here for the Chinese characters looks fairly standard: it's a bit like the Chinese equivalent of "Arial", so to speak -- nothing quite as fancy as the customised font we've got for the English version.

Arrow0x: the funny thing is, this time both products come from the same vendor. In exchange for sharper graphics, the actual text and language is slightly off in the English version, so there's sorta a trade-off either way