Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Thanks for the very informative response undead.exe. I'm also the "ninja" type so I'm looking forward to honing my skills with the Windblade once I rank up high enough to get it (same for Trinity). I like the look of NOVA-27, but whats its firing type? Also, whats the pros and cons to the Power Glove (Megaman fan here )?

I will be wish-listing all the weapons you recommended and going through the guide you linked, thanks!

Last question (for now), I'd also prefer using the least amount of energy possible as far as ammo goes...is there a solid suit and/or backpack that gives a little to no energy usage bonus so I can conserve as much as possible?
The NOVA-27 is a laser gun: weapons of this class behave similarly to the assault rifles, except that their shots pierce through multiple enemies. Laser guns and assault rifles are both subject to a rather infamous firerate glitch where playing a PvP match causes them to fire faster for the next match you play.

The Energy Glove fires relatively quickly and has a fairly formidable splash range, but it's a comparatively weak weapon for boss fights compared to other available options (the NOVA-27 outputs damage faster). We also found that it's comparatively weak in PvP, but the most recent update might have changed its PvP effectiveness again.

Suit-wise, the Thunder Armour reduces ammo consumption by 20%, and the ECO bag reduces it by 10%. However, the FREEDOM bag completely negates ammo consumption, and offers a small but constant HP regeneration -- the catch is that it's quite mithril-intensive, and also doesn't give you any speed.

If you're concerned about ammo because it eats into your profits...don't be: you get far more in return for killing an alien than what you spent to kill it, which is why I generally recommend gold bonuses over ammo consumption reduction. While you CAN use a sword to save on ammo costs, I strongly recommend you don't do that during an actual boss fight: aside from it bring impractical to damage a boss, any teammates you have with you generally assume that you're freeloading, which may prompt them to either leave the match, or try to get you killed for refusing to do any work...

Oh, and also, aliens and bosses become tougher the more teammates you have in the room: they do more damage and have higher HP. The trade off is that they also give you more gold when you kill them. Bosses are particularly lucrative on gold, so try fighting your first one or two matches against any particular boss with a full team of 3 players if you can handle it: the amount of gold each boss drops will decrease every time you defeat them (amount falls twice before plateauing), but this resets at midnight PST.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I definitely don't want to be known as a freeloader. Is Trinity good for Bosses (solo and groups)?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
I definitely don't want to be known as a freeloader. Is Trinity good for Bosses (solo and groups)?
Nice to have a non-veteran around once in a while. In response to your question, it's neither: the Trinity works almost nothing against a boss, but is useful against the alien rush phase. The reason for this is because despite the damage, there are far better bossing alternatives.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperionEXE View Post
Nice to have a non-veteran around once in a while. In response to your question, it's neither: the Trinity works almost nothing against a boss, but is useful against the alien rush phase. The reason for this is because despite the damage, there are far better bossing alternatives.
Like FL334AR (which I just picked up as my 1st purchase) or NOVA-27?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
iPhone 4

hello godson! I think your next step is getting the pieces of the thunder armor. Wait you have the fl334ar right?

As for the update: NEED THAT CHRISTMAS ARMOR

and gun...
Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
hello godson! I think your next step is getting the pieces of the thunder armor. Wait you have the fl334ar right?

As for the update: NEED THAT CHRISTMAS ARMOR

and gun...
I'm hoping for a present shooting machine, but the presents explode! Bad boys get grenades... Very bad boys get nukes... ACTUAL 1 shot kill with a splash radius that destroys the whole entire planet and we all are stuck there until Santa rescues us.

edit:
Woah, nevermind, there ALREADY is an update. Oopsies.

Last edited by JediKnight; 12-11-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yeah. Disappointed because there isn't any pve content, but I'm going to get the armor
Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoo View Post
Yeah. Disappointed because there isn't any pve content, but I'm going to get the armor
Completely honest, I HATED the update.

Why? Well, horrible timing, just getting into MC4 and this comes out, I must devote time to SW again. Also I don't like a christmas theme. Know what I mean? I don't think christmas themed items are cool, they feel unrelated. I don't know how to say it.

Last edited by JediKnight; 12-11-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

OK, I'm going to admit it...

The Christmas Pack is sick.

There. I said it.

Welcome to the crew, GodSon!

If we can coordinate our schedules (East Coast + Grad School), I'd be more than happy to show you around a Boss or 6...

DBC
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Completely honest, I HATED the update.

Why? Well, horrible timing, just getting into MC4 and this comes out, I must devote time to SW again. Also I don't like a christmas theme. Know what I mean? I don't think christmas themed items are cool, they feel unrelated. I don't know how to say it.
Yeah. Terrible timing. Well it's to feel in sync with life I guess.