★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gamebook Adventures: Catacombs of the Undercity [$4.99 --> $0.99]

01-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Gamebook Adventures: Catacombs of the Undercity [$4.99 --> $0.99]

In my opinion, this book is slightly better than volume 4 (which I thought was pretty damn good)! The story and the overall gameplay is still solid, and well worth a dollar! If you like those choose-your-own-adventure books, definitely get this
Hurry up cause the offer ends this weekend.

Quote:
Rating on iTunes: 5/5 (22 votes)

Last edited by Validuser; 01-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.
01-21-2012, 09:21 AM
4 remains my favourite, but yes, this is a welcome addition to the series. Well worth picking up!

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free

01-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
4 remains my favourite, but yes, this is a welcome addition to the series. Well worth picking up!
I've only read 4 and 5 so far. Picked them up during these weekend sales.
How are the new ones? Like 6 and 7 and stuff? I heard some real good things about the latest book, so I can't wait for a price drop!
01-21-2012, 09:34 AM
I'f i wasnt dying every 5 mins on GB4, I'd be all over this ._.

still enjoying GB4, but it's difficulty, or rather, my curiosity to try and see everything, is making me hold out a bit xD

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
01-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post

still enjoying GB4, but it's difficulty, or rather, my curiosity to try and see everything, is making me hold out a bit xD
Lol how come man? I took the 'novice' difficulty level so I didn't really die a lot. My only problem was - like you said - I was curious how the other paths turned out, and it really sucked we could only have a max. of 10 bookmarks .
So yeah, I couldn't really explore as much as I would've liked to.

Either way, I'm pretty sure you'll love it when you get that 'ultimate' ending .
Keep at it!

Last edited by Validuser; 01-21-2012 at 09:43 AM.
01-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuser View Post
Lol how come man? I took the 'novice' difficulty level so I didn't really die a lot. My only problem was - like you said - I was curious how the other paths turned out, and it really sucked we could only have a max. of 10 bookmarks .
So yeah, I couldn't really explore as much as I would've liked to.

Either way, I'm pretty sure you'll love it when you get that 'ultimate' ending .
Keep at it!

i play on classic difficulty and i don't use bookmarks (which i get 3) and i think that stats are lower too

so yeah xD

even if it's something very obvious like "the dangerous looking statue which eyes follow you everywhere"... i select the "touch" option xD so the statue kicks my ass, i lose vitality and next thing i know, i try to comfort a little girl who's crying, only to find out she's a vamp and she killed me ._.

Playlist
01-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
i play on classic difficulty and i don't use bookmarks (which i get 3) and i think that stats are lower too

so yeah xD

even if it's something very obvious like "the dangerous looking statue which eyes follow you everywhere"... i select the "touch" option xD so the statue kicks my ass, i lose vitality and next thing i know, i try to comfort a little girl who's crying, only to find out she's a vamp and she killed me ._.
You're playing on classic?! Then you're partly to blame for the whole 'I die every 5 minutes' bit lol!
And haha, why would you touch the damn statue on purpose?! You masochist you!

But yeah, if you're actually having fun with it, snag this book while the offer lasts man! You do realize its like 5 bucks otherwise right ?
01-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
You're playing on classic?! Then you're partly to blame for the whole 'I die every 5 minutes' bit lol!
And haha, why would you touch the damn statue on purpose?! You masochist you!

But yeah, if you're actually having fun with it, snag this book while the offer lasts man! You do realize its like 5 bucks otherwise right ?
yup.... if i dont have to go to work tonight at 9pm, ill go get a card... Bard's Tale also got a price drop so i need a card... NAO :O

Playlist
01-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:

4 Is the hardest of the lot. I'd say that 3 or 7 was the easiest.

Quote:
I've only read 4 and 5 so far. Picked them up during these weekend sales.
How are the new ones? Like 6 and 7 and stuff? I heard some real good things about the latest book, so I can't wait for a price drop!
They're pretty good. I think my favourite though (After GA 4) is the upcoming Infinite Universe.

If you're finding the gamebooks hard, choose the novice or bookworm difficulties!

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
01-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
I think my favourite though (After GA 4) is the upcoming Infinite Universe.
How do you know the upcoming one will be any good? Is there any info on the plot or characters? I'd love to find out more!