★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Full Fat
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 49.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: The #1 NFL Kicker game on mobile!

Features all 32 official NFL teams!

DESCRIPTION
Become an NFL Kicker! Choose your team, customize your player and get ready for the ultimate placekicker game.

Depth of play includes PUNTING coffin corner kicks, placekicking FIELD GOALS and MORE across five game modes!

Legendary football flick and after-touch controls from Full Fat as seen in NFL Flick Quarterback, featured by Apple in Benchmark games and Intuitive controls.

Awesome graphics set in the Super Bowl XLVI themed Lucas Oil Stadium featuring you as the kicker, the placekick holder, officials, cheerleaders and the most detailed field artwork in a kicker game yet!

GAMEPLAY

Get in the zone kicking FIELD GOALS with ultimate accuracy in two games based around kicking accuracy. Hit gold bars for bonus score, clear score bands between the uprights for big points. Take them out in the right order for legendary scores. Play against the clock or focus on accuracy with increasing wind and distance.

PUNT the ball out of bounds as close to the end zone as possible. Score huge bonuses for bouncing close to the corner. Coffin Corner is a true test of football skill.

Finally, the ultimate test of your kicking accuracy in the bonus game mode HIT THE UPRIGHTS! Feel the adrenaline as you hit an upright from 50 yards in high wind!

FEATURES

Kick field goals like a pro NFL footballer
Punt coffin corner kicks with casual and pro game modes
Hit the uprights in a true test of Kicker skill
Pick your favorite team and customize your jersey, name and number
Interactive tutorial
Play in the Super Bowl XLVI Lucas Oil Stadium
XP Level up system based on your kicking skill
Live NFL news feed ticker
Dancing cheerleaders before the game
Game Center leaderboards and achievements
Superb high resolution graphics
Stunningly enhanced for iPhone 4S

CONTACT
HELP: www.fullfat.com/support
VISIT: www.fullfat.com

SOCIAL
+1: gplus.to/fullfatgames
LIKE: facebook.com/fullfatgames
FOLLOW: twitter.com/fullfatgames
WATCH: youtube.com/fullfatgames
01-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Well, I own all the Full Fat games, so getting this one was a no brainer. I'll see how it stacks up against the other FF games and leave an impression later.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

01-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Game Impressions

The usual polished effort by Full Fat, but honestly it just feels like they could squeeze these games out by now with their eyes closed. Highly reminiscent of their other NFL game in terms of modes and visuals, and probably works best if you're happy to see it as a "companion."

It's difficult for me to be too harsh on it because it's clearly technically well put together and I expect a lot of folks will enjoy it, but to me personally the whole effort just feels soulless and uninspired. Cynical almost. Merely a by-the-book release that pedantically ticks all the boxes yet never nears greatness.

Another issue, is that while I have never been a fan of Full Fat's "control the ball in the air" mechanic in other games, in this one in particular it feels inappropriate. When you are dealing with the simplicity of putting a ball between two sticks, being able to control that ball mid-flight is definitely overkill.

Players who aren't fond of Full Fat's insistence on using inverted camera controls are told to like it or lump it yet again.

The announcer's voice (and lines) grow annoying extremely quickly.
01-23-2012, 08:20 AM
If you are a fan of Full fat games then this will be a great addition to your library. If not than you should probably stay away.

Like Gabrien said, it's the typical FF physics system that I've, at least, grown to love. Personally, I think it feels best on this type of game--field goal kicking. There is the usual after touch, but you never need to use it. It's there for precise scoring. I'm able to just use regular flicking w/o the after touch up until the wind gets out of control. It really does help later on into gameplay if you're wanting to hit the middle target every time or smash the gold.

There's five different game modes and each one is really fun. I found that i only liked the first game mode in Flick QB, so this is awesome for me. Anyways, there's regular kicking (always good fun), coffin corner (challenging), time attack (really fun), hitting the uprights (pretty hard, but fun, and coffin corner pro (haven't unlocked it yet). Each game mode is really fun and actually surpasses the previous FF games in terms of fun IMO. I never thought I'd see another flick game beat out Flick Golf.

I see this as not fixing something that isn't broken. FF has managed to add in fun game modes that will keep you entertained for as long as you want to get achievements or be on top of the leaderboards. They also managed to add some new celebrations.

Could they put their brains together over at Full Fat Studios and come up with some crazy and zany flicking game? Sure, but as a sports based game, it's definitely good fun. Plus, they made Zombie Flick which was cool, so they don't only make sports games.

I wonder how long I'll be on top of the Hit the Uprights leaderboard? Probably for another couple of hours if I'm lucky.

Two gripes
Minor one - Can't turn off inverted controls. However, it doesn't really effect my gameplay.

Major one - They still haven't fixed the Game Center blackout bug from Flick QB. WTH?

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Game Impressions

I think this is a decent flick game.

It reminds me a lot of "Flick Soccer!" without the goalie or opposing players. I think I like NFL Flick QB better since you're dealing with moving targets and obstacles whereas this game is all about hitting precise static areas against ever increasing distances and wind (kind of like Paper Toss).

As I'm not a fan of football the whole NFL Licensing and Kicker Trivia aspects add nothing for me.

3.5/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm actually having a blast with it, but like the others said, if you've been a fan of Full Fat games before, chances are you'll like this one. I dont know why, but I'm really a fan of the whole NFL licensing thing, and I feel that this makes this game stand apart from so many other flick field goal games. And the punting mode is awesome as well. But theres bug I noticed. First, while playing, when I got the 20% battery remaining notification, all of a sudden the game wouldnt register my swipes, and I had to kill the app and restart. Overall, really great game to go along with NFL Flick QB
01-23-2012, 08:08 PM
This is an entertaining companion piece to the NFL QB game which I love. I enjoy the targeted color bands between the goalposts which call for greater accuracy. I haven't played it long enough to get to the punt portion of the game, but I'm liking what I see so far.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy