★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Paul Lind
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Pilot a Cloth Rocket through a randomly generated alien world. Collect stars and visit the Rocket Shop to buy new Cloth Rockets. Can you unlock the Secret Cloth Rocket?

More Cloth Rockets planned in future updates.

Addicting one touch gameplay with stars to collect, rockets to buy and bonuses for distance traveled.

BazookaTime's comments:

My new game was just released, if you would like to try it out, let me know.

Paul
01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
What's the mode of play? How do you maneuver the rocket? Tilt? Swipe? Dpad?

I'm interested in trying it out.

01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
What's the mode of play? How do you maneuver the rocket? Tilt? Swipe? Dpad?

I'm interested in trying it out.
Code Sent.

Game play is icopter style, hold to go up, let go to drop down.

Paul
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Looks cool. I didn't know you made games. Hope it does well...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Looks unique, i wanna try it
01-23-2012, 06:20 PM
wanna try it if possible...

thanks a lot!
01-23-2012, 09:26 PM
I tried this out, on my iPod Touch, 4th gen, running iOS 5.0.1, and I had some problems.

I found the rocket didn't always respond to my touch. Several times I had to tap the screen a couple times and by the time it responded it was too late and it crashed.

I had difficulty telling the background from the obstacles. There are several items in the background that appear to be obstacles (the large monster holding the planet at the beginning is one example), that you can actually fly through unharmed, and there are other things that appear to be part of the background that are actually solid and will kill you. Perhaps something can be done to blur the background more, or make the true obstacles stand out more?

I had at least two cases where the star was stuck on the top or the bottom with a spike going right through the middle, making it impossible for the ship to pick it up safely, and a couple others where it appeared right in the middle of the green-red vertical obstacle and again too close for the ship to pick it up without crashing. As soon as it neared the star, the ship exploded. Also the ship will explode if it gets near a vertical obstacle, but without actually touching or appearing to touch the obstacle. That doesn't seem fair to me. It looked like the ship could easily clear the barrier, but it didn't.

Overall I'm afraid I found it a rather frustrating experience, though I did like the rough paper-look art effect that you used to illustrate the game, and I though the speed of the ship was fine.
01-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
I tried this out, on my iPod Touch, 4th gen, running iOS 5.0.1, and I had some problems.

I found the rocket didn't always respond to my touch. Several times I had to tap the screen a couple times and by the time it responded it was too late and it crashed.

I had difficulty telling the background from the obstacles. There are several items in the background that appear to be obstacles (the large monster holding the planet at the beginning is one example), that you can actually fly through unharmed, and there are other things that appear to be part of the background that are actually solid and will kill you. Perhaps something can be done to blur the background more, or make the true obstacles stand out more?

I had at least two cases where the star was stuck on the top or the bottom with a spike going right through the middle, making it impossible for the ship to pick it up safely, and a couple others where it appeared right in the middle of the green-red vertical obstacle and again too close for the ship to pick it up without crashing. As soon as it neared the star, the ship exploded. Also the ship will explode if it gets near a vertical obstacle, but without actually touching or appearing to touch the obstacle. That doesn't seem fair to me. It looked like the ship could easily clear the barrier, but it didn't.

Overall I'm afraid I found it a rather frustrating experience, though I did like the rough paper-look art effect that you used to illustrate the game, and I though the speed of the ship was fine.
Thanks for taking a look at it. I will look at the issues you had. The monster is just a background piece. The barriers, ceiling, floor and alien ship are the only things you have to avoid. This is in the how to section but I realize not everyone looks there.

The look is a cloth, I can see some people not liking that, might be more noticeable on newer devices.

As for the touch issues, I have not experienced any so I will have to see if it is device specific.

Stars do randomly show up near or on barriers, this was intentional but can certainly be changed.

Thanks again for the look.
01-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
The monster is just a background piece. The barriers, ceiling, floor and alien ship are the only things you have to avoid. This is in the how to section but I realize not everyone looks there.
Yes, I did read that before starting the game, but it was still difficult to tell the background from the barriers. It's really not obvious at all as they're all the same "value" on my device. Nothing stands out more than the other. There's nothing to catch my eye and tell my brain "LOOK OUT!!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Stars do randomly show up near or on barriers, this was intentional but can certainly be changed.
It just looked buggy to me, but then I expect my iOS games to play fair. If that wasn't the intention of your game, then feel free to leave it in place. Those are just my impressions, and I'm sorry they aren't better, but I did play for a several hours to really get a feel for the game. Thanks for letting me try it out!
01-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Yes, I did read that before starting the game, but it was still difficult to tell the background from the barriers. It's really not obvious at all as they're all the same "value" on my device. Nothing stands out more than the other. There's nothing to catch my eye and tell my brain "LOOK OUT!!".

It just looked buggy to me, but then I expect my iOS games to play fair. If that wasn't the intention of your game, then feel free to leave it in place. Those are just my impressions, and I'm sorry they aren't better, but I did play for a several hours to really get a feel for the game. Thanks for letting me try it out!

Again, thanks for trying it out and I appreciate the feedback. I will give some thought to the random spawning of the stars. There are Cloth Rockets that can take more than one hit, so it was intended to be, "do I want to grab that or not" type of thing.

JMHRRNEEKKKP
F6YWFEM7NWYJ
NA646LYEKN6X