★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 2XL MX Offroad combines two of our hit games, Supercross and ATV Offroad! Race ATV and dirt bikes head to head!

2XL MX Offroad lets you demo the game on one track with a Supercross bike or ATV. Watch ads to unlock new tracks and game modes for free or make an In App Purchase to unlock the entire game.

KEY FEATURES
- 16 unique MX Supercross and Outdoor Nationals tracks
- 2 Freestyle levels
- Massive career mode and achievement system
- Freestyle mode with advanced scoring system
- Race up to 8 opponents in single player mode
- 250cc two-stroke and 450cc four-stroke ATV and dirt bikes
- Choose from hundreds of MX and ATV bike and rider skin combinations
- Auto-gas and invisible controls feature
- 1st and 3rd person camera views
- 8 preset control schemes including Responsive Tilt Steering
- Adjustable level of difficulty

FREESTYLE
Interested in extreme sports? Catch some sick air and combo as many tricks as you can for big points with our innovative new stunt system. Learn to back flip while tricking for extra point multipliers.

NATIONALS TRACKS
See how far weve pushed the graphics envelope as you ride the new outdoor Nationals tracks. Tear up and down huge mountains with beautiful views of the horizon.

SUPERCROSS TRACKS
Experience the rhythm-based style of racing we made famous with classic games like Motocross Madness and ATV Offroad Fury.

CAREER
The all-new league system guides you through an ATV career where you can become the champion.

ACHIEVEMENTS
The all-new achievement system challenges you to unlock 100% of the skill-based goals in the game. Compare your trophies with your friends online.
01-23-2012, 09:26 PM
It says this game is free, but on the itunes page it says it is five dollars to unlock the game.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II

01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Just checked and it says FREE APP. The $4.99 is to unlock the full features making the download a LITE version until you buy the full game, which is diff from IAP.

Love the game, fans of driving, ATV games should play this!

Last edited by Kiven; 01-23-2012 at 10:58 PM.
01-23-2012, 10:57 PM
IAP says $5.49.

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiven View Post
Just checked and it says FREE APP. The $4.99 is to unlock the full features making the download a LITE version until you buy the full game, which is diff from IAP.

You have to pay to unlock it, that means there is an iAP and the game is not actually free
01-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiven View Post

It's free to try.

This is an interesting release. It's basically two games that had been previously released but had never been updated to retina. I would call the release a form of double-dipping, except for the way they have combined motocross and ATV events. It also seems that they have upgraded the graphics (I don't remember dynamic shadows in the original games).

Career mode is still pretty weak, and the physics can be a bit wonky at times, but I'm actually glad for this rerelease. Both game were standouts in their day, and they are still fun and pretty stunning today (except for the lame trees).
01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Once again, a good looking game without virtual controls.

I'm bummed that devs are still releasing Univeral racing games with only tilt steering. For me; no fun on an iPad? Many agree with me, that wielding your expensive device in the air is not fun and it makes it very hard to focus on the rider and track. When I tilt the device it distorts my view and by the time I 'level out' the device, I don't turn quick enough for the next turn as I cannot see/read the track when my device is on on an angle...am i supposed to turn my head too!?!??

Another game that will see that many less purchased due to lack of control options (IMHO)

Last edited by cabdog; 01-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.
01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Once again, a good looking game without virtual controls.

I'm bummed that devs are still releasing Univeral racing games with only tilt steering. For me; no fun on an iPad? Many agree with me, that wielding your expensive device in the air is not fun and it makes it very hard to focus on the rider and track. When I tilt the device it distorts my view and by the time I 'level out' the device, I don't turn quick enough for the next turn as I cannot see/read the track when my device is on on an angle...am i supposed to turn my head too!?!??

Another game that will see that many less purchased due to lack of control options (IMHO)
There are 8 different control methods, 4 of which have touch steering. Go to options, then presets, then swipe to change the controls.

Hakuna Matata
01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There are 8 different control methods, 4 of which have touch steering. Go to options, then presets, then swipe to change the controls.
Well Shame on me!

Thanks man! I guess that wasn't obvious? Lol?
01-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Well Shame on me!

Thanks man! I guess that wasn't obvious? Lol?
No problem. I didn't spot the "presets" button at first either, I assumed at first that all the control options would be under "controls".

Hakuna Matata