★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: End of the Year Sale!

You have been stranded 100 light years from Earth, can you survive the long way home?

After a catastrophic ship explosion, you must make your way home 1 light year at a time. Encounter exploding asteroids, teleporting dark matter, comets and more on your epic journey home.

A Long Way Home is a action / physics / puzzle game set in space. Making you way through 100 levels across 10 stages you must jump from asteroid to asteroid collecting enough dark matter to open a portal to the next level.

FEATURING:
- GAMECENTER Leaderboards for each stage
- 100 Levels
- Physics Style Gameplay
- 3 Control Types (Accelerometer, Hot Zones and Onscreen Buttons)
- Stunning Graphics
- Fantastic Ambient Music

iPad REVIEWS:

CNET Australia's App of the Day on March 22, 2012

"A Long Way Home has all the hallmarks for an indie sleeper hit on the iPad." - Pocket Gamer

"Not many mobile or tablet games actually evoke an emotional response, but this game does." - The Smart Phone App Review"

"If you're up for patient, thoughtful gameplay that makes for an evocative experience, you should give A Long Way Home a shot." - Touch Arcade

4 Stars - Touch Arcade

"Only a handful of games for the iPad can produce an emotional response, as A Long Way Home did for me. I hope it can do the same for you." - Appolicious

jonmulcahy's comments:
You have been stranded 100 light years from Earth, can you survive the long way home?

After a catastrophic ship explosion, you must make your way home 1 light year at a time. Encounter exploding asteroids, teleporting dark matter, comets and more on your epic journey home.

After 8 mths, A Long Way Home Mini is now available for the iPhone/iPod touch! It is also available in the Android Market and on the Kindle Fire.

Touch Arcade reviewed the iPad version last summer, giving it a 4 star rating.

YouTube Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

01-24-2012, 11:30 AM
I just sent out review requests to 25 websites. If anyone does YouTube reviews and has a goods following, please contact me via my website to request a copy. I've got a few available.

Http://www.howihatethenight.com

01-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Could you not have made it a universal app? I am not inclined to double dip...
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
I decided against a universal app. It took too much time and effort to convert the project.

If you already own it on the iPad, then no need to double dip, this is for people who don't have iPads.
01-24-2012, 02:25 PM
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Does this game have the 3 star scoring system?
01-24-2012, 07:29 PM
there is no 3 star scoring system, it's time based. There are 10 stages, each stage has 10 levels. The game keeps track on how long it takes for you to complete each level, and submits the total time for each stage to game center.

There is a leader board for all 10 stages, and one for the entire game.
01-26-2012, 08:58 PM
sad to say, but the android market has already tripled the number of sales that the iOS version has, and the Kindle Fire has 6x the sales.

i don't think the iOS store is what it used to be
01-27-2012, 03:08 AM
Well being perfectly honest from the video this does look a bit boring. And when this came out I'd just bought "new orbit" which is another space game.
That's why I didn't buy this when I first checked out this thread.

Just giving you my opinion.
01-27-2012, 03:22 AM
I have deleted it on my ipad, didn't really LOVE it. Played it for an hour or so, really wanting to get sucked in, but getting too close to some of the pixels resulted in death (meaning, not touching the killer asteroids/komets/star dust or whatever => still dying) Also it would have been neat if you could have changed course ever so slightly while airborn, but of course that can defeat the essence of the game. It sure has it's charms though and I'm sure because of that, that others may love it.