★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: BattleRapLive for iPhone

01-24-2012, 04:26 AM
BattleRapLive for iPhone

I am the developer of BattleRapLive for iPhone. I have been working on this app for the past couple of years.

Quote:
Record freestyles or battles using BattleRapLive for the iPhone. 18 beats included for FREE with the app, and more to come in the Beat Store. Email your freestyles to your friends or post to facebook to show off or challenge them to compete. Pass your iPhone around like a mic to record a group session.

BattleRapLive is the most intuitive Freestyle app available for the iPhone to date. Don't waste your time or money on other imitation apps that are confusing and cumbersome to use.

- Record Freestyles/Battles
- Email Freestyles to your friends
- Post Freestyles to your Facebook Wall
- 18 beats included with app
- In-App Beat Store so you can have the freshest beats.
- Load your own Beats/Songs from iPod

COMING SOON:
- Battle Online
BattleRapLive allows you to record and share Freestyles right on your iPhone. It is like having a high quality recording studio right in your pocket.

I have just submitted our newest version 1.4 to Apple for Review which includes a new Social "Battle Online" feature where users can share and comment on user submitted content.

I hope people check it out, enjoy it, and provide me feedback on how to improve it.

I will update this thread when the newest version is approved by Apple.

Last edited by RazorRamon; 01-25-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Adding in App Description to top of thread
01-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I purchased this app a while back and have so far been happy with the function of it, the recording quality is quite good and I really liked the fact that I could share my freestyles with my friends. It looks like you've added quite a few new beats via IAPs. Couple of questions, will you also be adding more free beats at all? This would be nice since one of my original concerns was that more content was needed to keep things interesting. Also, I see a button that says "Battle Online - Coming Soon." Can you please explain the function of this? Is this some sort of ratings system, or is it live battling, or both?

Also, with so many new beats available through IAP, will you be offering this as a free app in the future with a small base of free beats to get people going? I think that might go a long to get more people using this app, which would really be nice especially if you have live battling and/or a rating system. Can you preview IAP beats before purchasing them and will you be offering beats in packages at a discount? Last question, do you have any plans to let people import their own beats from our personal libraries or from some of the iOS beat making programs?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I love this app and I know it has a lot of room to grow. Looking forward to the needed updates and I hope more people get into this one.
01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
I appreciate the feedback. It looks like you may have missed the v1.3 update. The last update addresses a lot of the questions you have. I have pasted in the app description below:

Quote:
Record freestyles or battles using BattleRapLive for the iPhone. 18 beats included for FREE with the app, and more to come in the Beat Store. Email your freestyles to your friends or post to facebook to show off or challenge them to compete. Pass your iPhone around like a mic to record a group session.

BattleRapLive is the most intuitive Freestyle app available for the iPhone to date. Don't waste your time or money on other imitation apps that are confusing and cumbersome to use.

- Record Freestyles/Battles
- Email Freestyles to your friends
- Post Freestyles to your Facebook Wall
- 18 beats included with app
- In-App Beat Store so you can have the freshest beats.
- Load your own Beats/Songs from iPod

COMING SOON:
- Battle Online

Currently v1.4 is pending approval from Apple and should be released in the next week with a little luck. We are still working on implementing Live Battling which will be available in v1.5 in the next few months.