★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Redshift
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.8 MB
  • Version: 18.7
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Quest - Mithril Horde II is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn, immersive and enchanting world full of exciting challenges. After enabling the expansion, you can explore new areas and quests. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.

Lord Yuz has bid you travel far south to the country of Caspara and the city of Al-Khamsin. There, in the palace, his cousin Princess Yasmine lies under the spell of the great dragon king, Bethlusaa, whose spirit lives on, captured in a magical tome.

Your mission is to find that book and exorcise Bethlusaa's spirit to the realm of the dead. Meanwhile, a great mage is also interested in the book and its inhabitant. Mage Nur Ali has set deadly snares for you. You'll need all your wits and prowess to stay alive in this exotic land and finish your assignment!

To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Matras harbor and talk to captain Verra, then select "HordeII" as your travel destination. It is recommended to reach at least level 35 before trying to take on the challenges of this new expansion.

The Quest - Mithril Horde II has been developed by Zarista Games (www.catacomber.com) and was adapted to iPhone by Redshift.
01-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Never played any of Quest games, but just realized how many there are!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

01-24-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Never played any of Quest games, but just realized how many there are!
You owe it to yourself to give the lite/trial version a spin. Mostly these are all expansions you can play through seamlessly with one character (or each could be played stand alone). You won't find that kind of depth anywhere else on iOS.
01-24-2012, 09:22 AM
I just bought Mithril Horde II and I want to enable it in The Quest Gold, but it says that it should be version 15.0 or later. The current Quest Gold version is 14.5. Should I enable it anyway or wait for an update of Quest Gold? I don't want to mess up anything, so many hours invested in this game...

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomons Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
01-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlock View Post
I just bought Mithril Horde II and I want to enable it in The Quest Gold, but it says that it should be version 15.0 or later. The current Quest Gold version is 14.5. Should I enable it anyway or wait for an update of Quest Gold? I don't want to mess up anything, so many hours invested in this game...
It shouldn't mess anything up . . . I did it, and nothing happened to my save files. Captain Verra lists it in Matras Harbor, and you can go there without any problems. I didn't explore much since I'm not up to the recommended level (35). Just make sure you back up your saves in iTunes File Sharing before you try it. That way, you can always fix your saves if they get corrupted.

There's a new version of the original non-Gold version of The Quest out today (15.0) to fix bugs in Celtic Rift and enable Mithril Horde II, so I expect The Quest Gold will be updated soon too!

Last edited by ReddestDream; 01-24-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Typo
01-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Smashing the Buy Button....
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Excellent stuff..been waiting a while for this one..bought with the last of my itunes pennies.
01-24-2012, 01:00 PM
We Are Not Forgotten! ^_^

Elendil just posted here that the 15.0 version of The Quest Gold should be released soon!

Quote:
It should come any minute. According to Chillingo they have enabled the update in the store along with the other updates, so it's just a matter of the App Store refreshing itself.

Only in version 15.0 can you enable Mithril Horde II. The earlier versions don't contain it (obviously).
01-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm glad The Quest is being kept alive through expansions and new lands. Retro, constantly overlooked, and aged though the gameplay design might be (and the meager combat engine really could have done with at least a FEW tactical options beyond the simple attack, or special abilities, manuevers, etc. anything to break the monotony of clicking attack repeatedly, and occasionally throwing a spell), it is still one of the most open and above all vast worlds and adventures for this platform. In terms of sheer huge-ness (though not variety), even giants of open-ness such as Aralon, Mission Europa, Galaxy on Fire 2 and GTA III might find themselves outmatched by the core game + all expansions (though Dangerous might just be a proper challenger).

I never reached far enough to have a character to jump into this expansion, but for potential buyers, I doubt Mithril Horde II will fail to deliver a lot more of what the previous expansions did.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddestDream View Post
Elendil just posted here that the 15.0 version of The Quest Gold should be released soon!
The 15.0 version of The Quest Gold, which adds Mithril Horde II compatibility, is out now!