★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Barbarian:The Death Sword : The Classic from the 80's Returns!!

01-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Barbarian:The Death Sword : The Classic from the 80's Returns!!

Barbarian - The Death Sword.

A remake of the classic Mortal Kombat style combat title from the 80's, the fighting game puts players in the role of a barbarian warrior fighting to save the princess Marianna from the evil sorcerer Drax.

The ultimate warrior Barbarian is back! Launched in 1987 by Palace Software, the game Barbarian - The Ultimate Warrior is now a cult favorite.

Picture above from the original classic i knew

Fight bloodthirsty warriors, kill the evil sorcerer Drax and save the beautiful princess Marianna! Watch the official trailer and...Prepare to die!

Barbarian - The Death Sword is scheduled to be available in February 2012 for Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad and Android.

It will also have cross-platform multiplayer. Itís not clear as to if Mac warriors will be able to compete against PC warriors or if it will only be Mac versus iOS. Iím sure there would be a lot of happy fighters if one could fight against PC, Mac, iOS or Android.:source:

No Comment

Last edited by Toad In The Hole; 01-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.
01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
oh my!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
oh my!
I had this way back in the 80's on Spectrum 48k & it featured Page 3 Girl Maria Whittaker on the cover of the tape box

Let's hope it brings back the memories of back then

No Comment
01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Been waiting for this one! I'll be getting this for sure! Hope they don't change/water-down the content.
01-28-2012, 05:29 PM
will there be customized characters? or everyone will look the same in multiplayer? or is there other characters we can choose? i am getting this either way, will this be universal?

All Time Favorites:Super Crossfire HD
Playing:Dodonpachi:BD ,UMK3, KOF-i
Waiting for:fleetCOMM, Noble Armada, God of Blades
Follow me on Tumblr
02-27-2012, 03:30 AM

And it's out in the US, folks!