★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotsvswizards.com View Post
thanks for making the video!

Also iCade is not in this release.
I know we had posted some video of us testing it and it will be supported in version 1.1
This update will be out early February and also include the new valentine level pack.
Game looks awesome! Disappointed to see no iCade support. Because support will be included with the Valentine Day pack does this mean an extra charge to get the iCade addon?

ICade News, Software Reviews and Resources
http://www.icadejr.com
01-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Frontpage review is up. Does the game justice.

The level design is excellent, rivaling that in Crazy Hedgy I'd dare say. As mentioned in the review, it gets quite a bit of inspiration from Mario. The 2.5D is really well-done, as you'll see in quite a few parts of the game. As with any CM game, it looks good. The controls work extremely for a platformer. The 16 levels might go by a little too fast though considering it didn't take long at all to finish the first world. There's a ton of exploration to do though. You'll find so many collectables and chances to earn more points at every turn, so there's definitely reason to replay the levels. You earn button as you play, and these allow you to unlock a ton of outfits for your character. Of course, there are iAP packs for additional buttons, but like I said, the things you buy with them are purely cosmetic. You'll want to check out the bonus mini-game that's included too. Hopefully we'll see the new levels in the near future though. Either way, for $0.99, you're going to want to pick this up. After playing Ant Raid, Dungeon Crawlers, and this so far out of the new releases, I can easily say that this is my GOTW.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 01-25-2012 at 11:25 PM.

01-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't get all the hesitance. Siegecraft was pretty much perfect. Pocket RPG was an amazing game, but IMO it wasn't really a RPG. It was a very nice iOS-centric title that I really ended up enjoying.

Then there's Aralon. It is by no means my favorite RPG, but it has garnered my respect based upon the platform it's on. Back in 2010, I thought this game was great and showed that full 3D RPGs could work on iOS and not completely suck.

Anyways, just bought!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Frontpage review is up. Does the game justice.

The level design is excellent, rivaling that in Crazy Hedgy I'd dare say. As mentioned in the review, it gets quite a bit of inspiration from Mario. The 2.5D is really well-done, as you'll see in quite a few parts of the game. As with any CM game, it looks good. The 16 levels might go by a little too fast though considering it didn't take long at all to finish the first world. There's a ton of exploration to do though. You'll find so many collectables and chances to earn more points at every turn, so there's definitely reason to replay the levels. You'll want to check out the bonus mini-game that's included too. Hopefully we'll see the new levels in the near future though. Either way, for $0.99, you're going to want to pick this up. After playing Ant Raid, Dungeon Crawlers, and this so far out of the new releases, I can easily say that this is my GOTW.
Don't forget we still have some amazing releases on the way!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Too bad for the iCade support.

So, I will wait the next update before to buy it.
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastoStitch View Post
Game looks awesome! Disappointed to see no iCade support. Because support will be included with the Valentine Day pack does this mean an extra charge to get the iCade addon?
It's just an update. We aren't doing any paid downloads or anything like that.
Will will hit early february.
01-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Having lots of fun with the game. Love the "wohoo" mickey mouse sound lol.

GC: Rancub
Currently playing: Battleheart: Legacy
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Got this game tonight. Loving it immensely. Beautiful graphics like all CM games and great controls. When I went through the first tunnel in the first level and saw where my guy ended up (don't want to spoil it), I was very impressed. I'm hoping the rest of the game keeps me as entertained as the first level has!
01-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Game Impressions

Played it for 30 min or so. Crazy Hedgy stays the only playable platformer for me personally.

Paper Monsters 3.5 stars out of 5
Terra Noctis 4 stars
Crazy Hedgy 5 stars

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Tip for new players: the bombs set off much faster than in Mario. Found that out the hard way lol.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!