• Publisher: Prank Ltd.
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 113.1 MB
  • Version: 1.4.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: #1 game and 9.5 score average on iPhone Quality Index of Q1 2012. ALL-TIME 3rd highest Metascoring iOS strategy game (90 point average, "Universal acclaim"), and 8th best iPad GAME OF THE YEAR on Metacritic.com.

Please note that completing this game does NOT require in-app purchases! The SmartBomb is there to help you ONLY in case you feel the difficulty is too overwhelming.

Supported devices:

- iPhone 3GS or newer
- iPod touch 3rd generation or newer
- for iPads, please download the iPad version of Ant Raid!

If the game crashes on startup, free some memory by shutting down apps from multitasking.

Ant Raid reviews:
------------------
Tap! magazine (score: 5/5): "It's pretty much Ants vs Zombies, but Ant Raid's controls are more organic than those in PopCap's game, and the oddball sense of humour and design is, if anything, superior."
------------------
"While Ant Raid is definitely a more casual take on traditional RTS games, it's skillfully done. The game is polished, fun, and great looking."
- Slide To Play (score: 4/4, "Must Have")
------------------
"The game seems to have only improved with age." (referring to the new iPhone version)
- AppGamer (score: 9/10)
------------------
"Ant Raid shows how sneaky the casual RTS is."
- 148Apps (score: 4.5/5 stars)
------------------
"For anyone who wants some strategy in their action games, it's a perfect fit."
- TouchArcade (score: 4/5 stars)
------------------
"Vous l'aurez compris, ce petit jeu qu'est Ant Raid nous aura vraiment séduits et je le classerai volontiers dans les jeux du type Angry Birds, c'est-à-dire ceux que l'on prend en main et que l'on ne veut plus lâcher."
- iPadou.com (score: 9/10)
------------------
"Q,,,,"
- ewtang.com (score: 4/5 stars)
------------------
"...wurde mir von Kritikern ja schon vorgeworfen, dass ich von den Entwicklern bezahlt wurde. Tatsache ist, dass Ant Raid mich mehrere Tage an mein iPad gefesselt hat, was bei vielen Spielen nicht der Fall ist."
- Appgefahren.de
---------------------

***** Features *****

Ant Raid fills your screen with fun, cartoony action! Jump into the hilarious story of an ant colony trying to survive swarms of fellow insects, mutated into mindless monsters!

* GORGEOUS GRAPHICS! *
Treat your eyes with high-definition 3D graphics and animations, taking full advantage of Retina display -- while looking delicious on standard screen as well.

* 100 LEVELS OF PURE FUN AND ACTION! *
Fight your way through 60 Story and 40 Challenge levels against hordes of enemies.

* OFF-THE-WALL STORYLINE! *
Experience an epic tale through animated cut-scenes featuring quirky characters and unexpected twists.

* EASY-TO-GRASP CONTROLS AND UNIQUE GAMEPLAY! *
Enjoy responsive and intuitive touch controls. Taste the fresh blend of action, arcade and strategy.

* ENDLESS GAMEPLAY! *
Challenge your friends and the rest of the world in four dynamic Survival modes.

* AWESOME SOUNDTRACK! *
Indulge your ears with the original soundtrack and crazy sound effects.

* GAME CENTER SUPPORT! *
Strive for numerous Achievements and worldwide Leaderboard rankings through Game Center.

Echoseven's comments:

Lite Version:http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/ant-raid-for-iphone-free/id492551018?mt=8

Get Ant Raid HERE!!
01-25-2012, 05:36 AM

I liked the iPad Version and I`m sure the iPhone Version will sure find it`s Fanbase too.

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-25-2012 at 04:01 PM.

01-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Pass on this as have the iPad version but deffo recommend it!!!!

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??

Last edited by mashead2000; 01-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.
01-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Another one for me at midnight.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
01-25-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm actually a bit more pumped for this than Paper Monsters. I watched some iPad videos on YouTube and it looks awesome. Plus, it has 102 levels!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-25-2012, 07:50 AM
This might be something big... especially after reading the many good reviews ipad version had!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-25-2012, 07:54 AM
I want it so bad! Get on the store already! D=

GC - Eldyth
01-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Might I be correct in the assumption that gameplay-wise, this is something of a base defense/RTS hybrid?

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
01-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Might I be correct in the assumption that gameplay-wise, this is something of a base defense/RTS hybrid?
Yeah!

I thought all RTS games were base defense!?!

It came out on iPad. Here's a youtube link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAhaXlQT8YE

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-25-2012, 08:55 AM
For those who have played both, is this similar to Anthill?

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...