★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hero Academy Round 2 Pairings

01-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Hero Academy Round 2 Pairings

Congratulations to our 17 Round 2 Contestants! Here are the final Round 1 standings https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NaDQ2LVE#gid=0 These standings assume that Macish received an ajudicated win over slow-moving VeganTnT. I am going to look at the game, but understand it to be essentially over so this is not in doubt. I do not feel the need to wait because Vegan cannot advance regardless of the outcome.

Round 2 will again be conducted by round robin where you play everyone in your subgroups twice. You challenge everyone, and everyone challenges you, in your subgroup. Thus you will go first once, and second once, against each opponent.

Structure of the groups will be as follows: Groups A-C, 4 contestants, 1 advances. Group D, 5 contestants, 2 advance. 2 way ties will be resolved by virtue of who won the head to head match up. Absent a better idea, 3 way ties will be resolved by a 1 round 3 person round robin (in the event this results in everyone going 1-1, eh, cross that bridge when we come to it.)

Pairings are set up so that there is one 4-0 player in each group, and no one plays someone they played in round 1.

Report wins in this thread. This time lets report at the end of the thread, will be easier for me to spot updates. Please report your faction (Council/DE) as well as result, just for unrelated data collection.

You may issue your challenges immediately. In a comment, you must note "Round 2 tourney game". If you have any other games ongoing with the folks in your subgroup, resign them first to prevent confusion.

Group A
1. Narziss
2. Brimah
3. HLW10
4. Siniom

Group B
1. DaviddesJ
2. Krypton
3. Lelezi
4. Juuicetin

Group C
1. LEiss
2. Macish
3. RaptorF35
4. ArtNJ

Group D
1. Hebug
2. LegendsEnd
3. H_ngm_n
4. Drvumad
5. Nonexist

Good luck, and have fun!

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 01-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.
01-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Invites sent!

01-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Done!
01-26-2012, 05:46 AM
I'll try to have the round 2 results sheet put together tonight (morning here now). Good luck in round 2 everyone!
01-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_ngm_n View Post
I'll try to have the round 2 results sheet put together tonight (morning here now). Good luck in round 2 everyone!
I l_v_ y_o. You know, in a healthy, normal way.

01-26-2012, 07:01 AM
I took a scary risk already...started with crappy units/items against Raptor...so I used a scroll to kill Priestess and upgraded Archer (and wack crystal a bit) with an un-upgraded wizard. You have another priestess or potion *&^#!? If you do, I'm in a serious hole on turn 2

Mercifully, classic Council starts in my other 2 games where I move first

01-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
I took a scary risk already...started with crappy units/items against Raptor...so I used a scroll to kill Priestess and upgraded Archer (and wack crystal a bit) with an un-upgraded wizard. You have another priestess or potion *&^#!? If you do, I'm in a serious hole on turn 2

Mercifully, classic Council starts in my other 2 games where I move first
Yeah, bah! You got lucky, nothing to heal with.
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Structure of the groups will be as follows: Groups A-C, 4 contestants, 1 advances. Group D, 5 contestants, 2 advance.
I should have lost to Drvumad so I could take his place in Group D.

It's not a big deal but I would have tried to find something more balanced. One from each group and putting the lowest qualifiers into the bigger group would be fairer imho.
01-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Group C

1. LEiss - invitation send, waiting for invitiation
2. Macish VS
3. RaptorF35 - 2 games started
4. ArtNJ - 1 game started, invitation send

have fun and good luck.. i mostly lost all my last non tourney games, there are some pretty strong new players out there..

i wish there would be some sort of official ladder so you see how you fare in the global community ...
01-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Group A
1. Narziss - challenge sent, awaiting challenge
2. Brimah - in progress, awaiting challenge
3. HLW10 - me
4. Siniom - in progress, awaiting challenge

Last edited by HLW; 01-26-2012 at 05:46 PM.