Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-26-2012, 01:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Train Defense Released

Train Defense has just been released to the AppStore.
It's a survival tower defense genre twist playable on all os 5.0 devices.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 01-26-2012, 01:42 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Old 01-27-2012, 01:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Train Defense V1.1 Update

I've uploaded update 1.1 of Train Defense to the appstore.

This now includes:

Flamethrower turrets - you can set enemies on fire. They will slowly burn to death. Freeze ray will douse the fire so you need to strategically manage your freeze turrets to keep them away from the flamer turrets.

Air Artillery Enemy - a new enemy appears at wave 6 - this air unit can fire artillery from out of range of freeze turrets, making it fairly deadly if you have used a wall-of-freeze defensive strategy. A few of these combined can take down a static tower very quickly.

- some fixes - a couple of achievements weren't registering reliably.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Update 1.1 has been submitted to AppStore. No idea at this time when it will come through, but here is a video of the new features.

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

A solid TD game that adds different strategy and planning. This game is unique (IMO), you control your train that needs to defend the center tower. You get "power ups" via destroying enemies with the "power ups" attached. It is fun to play and entertaining to strategize which to attack.
Graphically very nice to look at, basic polygons and quick moving.
The down side I can see is the game does have some hiccups, meaning it get choppy when there are no enemies on screen.
Overall a solid TD game that offers uniqueness and differs itself from other TD games.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
A solid TD game that adds different strategy and planning. This game is unique (IMO), you control your train that needs to defend the center tower. You get "power ups" via destroying enemies with the "power ups" attached. It is fun to play and entertaining to strategize which to attack.
Graphically very nice to look at, basic polygons and quick moving.
The down side I can see is the game does have some hiccups, meaning it get choppy when there are no enemies on screen.
Overall a solid TD game that offers uniqueness and differs itself from other TD games.
I think the choppiness might be when its registering achievements to Game Center. I'll address this in v1.2 (v1.1 was already submitted a while ago)
Thanks for the review.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So, MaDPuPPeT, care to admit your role in the production of Balls of Steel, one of the coolest yet over-the-top pinball games ever made for the PC?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So, MaDPuPPeT, care to admit your role in the production of Balls of Steel, one of the coolest yet over-the-top pinball games ever made for the PC?
That's going back a ways... I just did some of the cinematics (the dot matrix graphics at the bottom of the screen) for the Barbarian table. WildFire studios is a local studio here.

I vaguely remember something about coins, fire, and a dragon
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

bought this b4 going to work last night.... i had no clue on how to play... attaching carts gave me lots of problems... turret placement towers had me trying to figure out how the hell i placed them... installing turrets was easy though.

had fun once i figured some thigns out, but i still am a bit clueless.... is tehre a tutorial in the game? cuz i didnt find one
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
bought this b4 going to work last night.... i had no clue on how to play... attaching carts gave me lots of problems... turret placement towers had me trying to figure out how the hell i placed them... installing turrets was easy though.

had fun once i figured some thigns out, but i still am a bit clueless.... is tehre a tutorial in the game? cuz i didnt find one
I can't recall but I thought the help explained a lot but here are at least a few bits I discovered on my own (no matter how actually useful they are):

-The pink smokestack like weapon heals all nearby units, but can't heal itself.
-Giving a train car a new weapon/item will completely heal it (not sure if this works with towers).
-Towers can be placed ALMOST anywhere but not too close to the water tower (if it doesn't seem to take with where you want to drop it, try moving a smidgen more from the water tower until it takes).
-You make points by killing baddies (more if you can kill several in rapid succession), dropping of passengers on the right hand side of the screen, and simply by moving forward (you gain points continuously as moving forward, but this aspect cuts off if you are still or going backwards).
-You must defend the water tower with your life, and ironically, it can be the source of life as you can use some of it to heal damage units.
-I think the water tower refills with each new wave (not super sure here).