Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-28-2012, 03:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiefahrzeug View Post
Why exactly is that not fair? I think a developer likes his own creation and gives it an honest (albeit not very impartial) rating. However, you giving it a 1star rating because of some strange non-app related reason is not an honest rating.
Yeah, while maybe not the most classy I far prefer it to the fake account or the infamous now, "I just stumbled across this great game!" posts (in which the dev invariably slips up by telling details only the developer would know about the game).
Old 01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
How are the graphics? From the video they look a bit weak, worried how it would look on iPad.
I like them, a little minimalistic, boxy, and almost cell shaded but more than functional.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
I've only played a few levels, but so far it's been quite good, an interesting tower defence variation.
I'd like to see a list of the turrets and what they do, I can't tell what one of them does!
I'm not a fan of the rapidly flashing text, I would have thought that's something that would have been picked up on during the app review process.
Yeah, I think the dev might need to include a power-up key one can access easily in-game since there are a couple I really am not sure if they're a weapon, tower buff, or what and I'd hate to place it on a car THINKING it is some sort of buff only to have it replace my current weapon.

I too am unclear on at least one of what I assume is a weapon, it looked a bit like a pink smokestack if I recall but I didn't catch it actually doing anything so I'm not sure what it was for.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I too am unclear on at least one of what I assume is a weapon, it looked a bit like a pink smokestack if I recall but I didn't catch it actually doing anything so I'm not sure what it was for.
That's the same one that I was wondering about.

I've just noticed that all the towers/turrets are featured on the train on the start screen, so you can watch and see what they all do, which is useful!
But the pink smokestack doesn't appear to do anything obvious. It looks the same as the turrets on the flying enemies, but it doesn't look like it's firing on them.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
That's the same one that I was wondering about.

I've just noticed that all the towers/turrets are featured on the train on the start screen, so you can watch and see what they all do, which is useful!
But the pink smokestack doesn't appear to do anything obvious. It looks the same as the turrets on the flying enemies, but it doesn't look like it's firing on them.
I've already submitted V1.1 update with a few cool features (flamethrowers, a new enemy, a ZOOM window for when placing turrets on the train) and fixes, but I'll definitely add a turret key to the help menu in v1.2 (and make sure people can find the help menu).

FYI. The purple turret heals anything in a radius - carriages/engine/towers. Once you have that, using the water tower to heal you is less critical, though a single heal turret can't heal itself. I guess its inactive on the attract screen since I made the train & carriage invulnerable. I'll fix that in v1.2 update also... let them at least take some damage so the heal turret can do its work. You may notice some enemies having the same turret.

Last edited by MaDPuPPeT; 01-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: elaboration
Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDPuPPeT View Post
I've already submitted V1.1 update with a few cool features (flamethrowers, a new enemy, a ZOOM window for when placing turrets on the train) and fixes, but I'll definitely add a turret key to the help menu in v1.2 (and make sure people can find the help menu).

FYI. The purple turret heals anything in a radius - carriages/engine/towers. Once you have that, using the water tower to heal you is less critical, though a single heal turret can't heal itself.
The healing turret is VERY COOL, but sadly I'm not sure I would have ever guessed it's effect (I was almost convinced it was a strange mortar that never seemed to work...maybe it was only effective against an enemy I hadn't seen yet...or it had something to do with passengers).
Old 01-28-2012, 07:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
The healing turret is VERY COOL, but sadly I'm not sure I would have ever guessed it's effect (I was almost convinced it was a strange mortar that never seemed to work...maybe it was only effective against an enemy I hadn't seen yet...or it had something to do with passengers).
Thanks for the feedback. It's definitely something I'd like to address in 1.2.

While I'll definitely expand the help page, I don't want to force players to read through pages of help text to be able to play, so I may introduce some popups for the first time a particular pickup is dropped.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Oh a healing turret, that makes sense.

Instead of making the help page longer, you could have a second page that just lists the turrets and their effects/stats/etc.

Are you going to change the flashing text?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Oh a healing turret, that makes sense.

Instead of making the help page longer, you could have a second page that just lists the turrets and their effects/stats/etc.

Are you going to change the flashing text?
I'll look into alternatives. I had good responses on the flashing text from my QA, but they are mostly into the super retro games.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Update V1.1 Submitted

Update 1.1 has been submitted to AppStore. No idea at this time when it will come through, but here is a video of the new features.

Youtube link | Pop Up