Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallman View Post
Well the update made it so I can at least play bunker mode without crashing. I've gotten a few games in now and am really loving this game. Love the graphical changes/update as well.

Still crashes when I try to play water tower mode. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after the game starts. (on ipad2 newest ios)
My main test machine is an iPad2, though I have also play it regularly on iPad1 and iPhone4... (with very infrequent tests on 3gs and no testing on iPod touches)...

I haven't had any crashes

Does it log into GameCenter ok for you? (ie. the "welcome back, blahblah" dropdown appears)... About the only interesting thing that happens on starting a level is that it connects to gamecenter to get the ranking scores.

I'll rack my brains and try and think what might be causing your crashes and hopefully get a fix into the 1.4 update.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey MadPuppet!

Please add local leaderboards to the game, at least the top score of each mode if not the top 5-10 scores.

I just completed an epic game in Bunker and it is either in some silly big delay before appearing on GC or was simply lost entirely in the ether with nothing to show for it!
argh. thats terrible. you're not appearing on any of the leaderboards. They seem to be working though as others are appearing and I've been able to post results myself fine.

Is it logging into gamecenter ok (are you getting the drop down a few seconds after starting the game saying "welcome back, Lord Gek" ?)

I'll add local leaderboards, but half the point of a survival game is getting yourself into the gamecenter leaderboards so I really wanna sort that one out for you....

That, and these iPad2 crashes people are reporting are very concerning... mainly because I can't seem to reproduce them here...
Old 02-25-2012, 03:48 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDPuPPeT View Post
argh. thats terrible. you're not appearing on any of the leaderboards. They seem to be working though as others are appearing and I've been able to post results myself fine.

Is it logging into gamecenter ok (are you getting the drop down a few seconds after starting the game saying "welcome back, Lord Gek" ?)

I'll add local leaderboards, but half the point of a survival game is getting yourself into the gamecenter leaderboards so I really wanna sort that one out for you....

That, and these iPad2 crashes people are reporting are very concerning... mainly because I can't seem to reproduce them here...
played for 2 hours yesterday with no crashes on my ipad2...
Old 02-26-2012, 02:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Here's how it goes down for me. I click the icon, the madpuppet logo comes up, then the Train Defense screen comes up where I can choose "protect the water tower" or "protect the bunker". The logging into game center banner usually comes up right away. If I click "protect the water tower" I can choose from standard, train master or just for kids.

If I choose "standard" I get to see the gamefield for a split second, the water tower is there, it starts to pan out and bam, I'm at the springboard. If I choose "train master" the same thing happens. If I choose just for kids, it lets me play. I haven't played it for more than a few minutes, but it seems to work fine.

Protect the bunker seems to work fine in all modes. It hasn't crashed on any of them yet.

BTW: just for the info in case you missed it earliermy ipad is 64gig, not jailbroken, running newest ios, wifi model, not 3g.

Last edited by Zallman; 02-26-2012 at 02:55 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 05:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallman View Post
Here's how it goes down for me. I click the icon, the madpuppet logo comes up, then the Train Defense screen comes up where I can choose "protect the water tower" or "protect the bunker". The logging into game center banner usually comes up right away. If I click "protect the water tower" I can choose from standard, train master or just for kids.

If I choose "standard" I get to see the gamefield for a split second, the water tower is there, it starts to pan out and bam, I'm at the springboard. If I choose "train master" the same thing happens. If I choose just for kids, it lets me play. I haven't played it for more than a few minutes, but it seems to work fine.

Protect the bunker seems to work fine in all modes. It hasn't crashed on any of them yet.

BTW: just for the info in case you missed it earliermy ipad is 64gig, not jailbroken, running newest ios, wifi model, not 3g.
Thanks for the details. I'm confident I'll be able to track down what it might be from that description. It must be some sort of memory trash or uninitialised variable to be blowing up on some ipad's and not others.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Release 1.4 has been submitted to the app store.

new features include:
- 2 new turrets - shield generator and missile defense turret
- new level - protect the radio tower, which is guarded by shield generators
- UI improvements
- new level select screen
- improved AI target selection
- rebalanced powerup/carriage/tower deliveries
- transporting passengers now have a visible effect on delivery times
- misc. bug fixes including crashes on some devices.
- optimisations - game should run smoother when lots of action is happening

Going by passed approval times, this release should be out in a about 7 days.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Release 1.4 has been submitted to the app store.

new features include:
- 2 new turrets - shield generator and missile defense turret
- new level - protect the radio tower, which is guarded by shield generators
- UI improvements
- new level select screen
- improved AI target selection
- rebalanced powerup/carriage/tower deliveries
- transporting passengers now have a visible effect on delivery times
- misc. bug fixes including crashes on some devices.
- optimisations - game should run smoother when lots of action is happening

Going by passed approval times, this release should be out in a about 7 days.
I can personally vouch as one who's seen the betas if this release, the update is the shiznit!

But I have a question for the mAdDpuPPet!

How do shields work in the game? Do they block all damage to the vehicles/structures covered or do they simply redirect all damage to any covered item back to the shield generator?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I can personally vouch as one who's seen the betas if this release, the update is the shiznit!

But I have a question for the mAdDpuPPet!

How do shields work in the game? Do they block all damage to the vehicles/structures covered or do they simply redirect all damage to any covered item back to the shield generator?
The blue bar on a shield turret is its shield strength. All damage to anything covered by the shield is redirected against the shields strength. If the blue bar runs out, the shield drops and everything takes damage as normal. The shield will only regenerate strength when no carriage/tower in its range is taking damage.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
The blue bar on a shield turret is its shield strength. All damage to anything covered by the shield is redirected against the shields strength. If the blue bar runs out, the shield drops and everything takes damage as normal. The shield will only regenerate strength when no carriage/tower in its range is taking damage.
Okay, so if under a shield's coverage, the regenerating shield absorbs the damage first and even if knocked all the way down, as long as one of its generators is still going, it can come back to full power. Cool.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:10 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Now with the ATATs in play, the game needs Tron Recognizers!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Perhaps they can fly in an steal train cars or unclaimed power-ups?