• Publisher: Telltale Inc
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 265.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: **GET YOUR SAM & MAX ON - THE ENTIRE 5-PART SERIES OF THEIR EPIC ADVENTURE - BEYOND TIME AND SPACE IS NOW AVAILABLE!**

NOTE: This app is only compatible with 3GS hardware and above.

Team up with Sam & Max, self-styled Freelance Police with their own brand of criminal justice. Uncover clues, interrogate suspects, and crack some bizarre cases, and find out why Sam & Max is the funniest game around!

EPISODE 1 - ICE STATION SANTA

He's the most ancient and powerful opponent they've ever faced, a hairy, bloated, pagan God - Santa Claus! Can the Freelance Police make sense of this Christmas conundrum in time to save the world's children from a holiday tainted by tears, turmoil, and Torture-Me-Elmer?

* Designed & written with Steve Purcell, creator of the Sam & Max comic series.

* Explosive mini-game 'Whack da Ratz' included with episode, compete for top score in the Freelance Police Hall of Fame.

* Innovative built-in hint system that detects when you're stuck.

* Includes a hilarious soundboard that lets you create new and deranged quotes from your favorite Sam & Max characters

MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES:

Walking Dead: The Game
Jurassic Park: The Game
Back to the Future
Monkey Island Tales
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Puzzle Agent
Sam & Max: The Penal Zone
Wallace & Gromit The Last Resort

Gift this App: Click the arrow next to Buy App on the iTunes® App Store.

Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at
TelltaleGames.com
facebook.com/TelltaleGames
twitter.com/TelltaleGames
youtube.com/TelltaleGames

AnarKitty's comments:

Sam & Max return to iOS in this new Universal game installment from Telltale.
01-26-2012, 02:00 AM
$6.99 for one episode? I love Sam & Max but that seems kind of expensive. Oh well on my watch list, have too many things to play as it is.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)

01-26-2012, 03:40 AM
I just wish Telltale would incorporate achievements into their games. I have all the Hector episodes and love them. I would've bought this if it had GC support. Oh well!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-26-2012, 04:26 AM
It's in my Appshopper. The pricing is silly though. Works out more expensive than console versions.
Do Telltale not like Game Center?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
01-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
It's in my Appshopper. The pricing is silly though. Works out more expensive than console versions.
Do Telltale not like Game Center?
IDK, but it's not in any of their games that I can think of. IMO, a full functioning game that costs $7 has GC.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-26-2012 at 04:51 AM.
01-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
I just wish Telltale would incorporate achievements into their games. I have all the Hector episodes and love them. I would've bought this if it had GC support. Oh well!
What's with you and GC achievements? not every game work well with GC and tbh I'd rather not have achievements in telltale games..

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
What's with you and GC achievements? not every game work well with GC and tbh I'd rather not have achievements in telltale games..
I come from console. Every game can implement achievements, even meaningful ones.

But it's mostly a way for me to not break my bank and they give me a sense of accomplishment. With all the releases, do you know how long it would take for me to beat a Telltale game w/o the added incentive? A long while--it'd prolly be unbeaten and unfinished like a lot of other games.

IDK why you wouldn't want achievements in Telltale games? They run in the background and don't interrupt gameplay. Some devs don't even have the pop up notification, which I actually like.

01-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
I come from console. Every game can implement achievements, even meaningful ones.

But it's mostly a way for me to not break my bank and they give me a sense of accomplishment. With all the releases, do you know how long it would take for me to beat a Telltale game w/o the added incentive? A long while--it'd prolly be unbeaten and unfinished like a lot of other games.

IDK why you wouldn't want achievements in Telltale games? They run in the background and don't interrupt gameplay. Some devs don't even have the pop up notification, which I actually like.
Well I don't mind if they come in background, but I myself, don't have time to hunt for new achievements with all the games I have unfinished. So why would I want to hunt for achievements while I probably won't even finish it in a long time.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
They have achievements in these games on consoles and it's fine. So why not on iOS?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
01-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Well I don't mind if they come in background, but I myself, don't have time to hunt for new achievements with all the games I have unfinished. So why would I want to hunt for achievements while I probably won't even finish it in a long time.
Well, achievements can be anything completing tutorials, missions, levels, challenges, the whole game, etc. They can be kills, deaths, or an accumulation of using any other mechanic. They can be for finding hidden things in the game. They can be anywhere from super easy to quite challenging.

They also let me know that I played the game because I only check GC for games I want to go back and beat. Just like on Xbox they can be used to show others your accomplishments. Personally, I hope the next GC update puts more emphasis on this. Also, they give an added sense of accomplishment.

Like I said with Modern Warfare 2, I played online extensively for a long time but then it got boring as hell. You know what, the achievements that were put into the game were challenging and fun as hell. MW2 was the first game I had ever gotten 100% completion on.

Plus, like I asid I love to see the pop up GC banner. Hearing and seeing the banner on 360 was always pretty cool IMO.

It's one of those things like Pavarotti just said--why not? If ppl enjoy them and are more willing to buy your game then why not implement them? Plus, it's standard on 360 and some devs could bring achievements over but don't. Then there's companies like GL that just have to force GL live.