Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space Ep 1 (Telltale Inc)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Sam & Max return to iOS in this new Universal game installment from Telltale.

Last edited by New England Gamer; 01-26-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 02:00 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

$6.99 for one episode? I love Sam & Max but that seems kind of expensive. Oh well on my watch list, have too many things to play as it is.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I just wish Telltale would incorporate achievements into their games. I have all the Hector episodes and love them. I would've bought this if it had GC support. Oh well!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It's in my Appshopper. The pricing is silly though. Works out more expensive than console versions.
Do Telltale not like Game Center?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
It's in my Appshopper. The pricing is silly though. Works out more expensive than console versions.
Do Telltale not like Game Center?
IDK, but it's not in any of their games that I can think of. IMO, a full functioning game that costs $7 has GC.

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-26-2012 at 04:51 AM..
Old 01-26-2012, 06:41 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
I just wish Telltale would incorporate achievements into their games. I have all the Hector episodes and love them. I would've bought this if it had GC support. Oh well!
What's with you and GC achievements? not every game work well with GC and tbh I'd rather not have achievements in telltale games..
Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
What's with you and GC achievements? not every game work well with GC and tbh I'd rather not have achievements in telltale games..
I come from console. Every game can implement achievements, even meaningful ones.

But it's mostly a way for me to not break my bank and they give me a sense of accomplishment. With all the releases, do you know how long it would take for me to beat a Telltale game w/o the added incentive? A long while--it'd prolly be unbeaten and unfinished like a lot of other games.

IDK why you wouldn't want achievements in Telltale games? They run in the background and don't interrupt gameplay. Some devs don't even have the pop up notification, which I actually like.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
I come from console. Every game can implement achievements, even meaningful ones.

But it's mostly a way for me to not break my bank and they give me a sense of accomplishment. With all the releases, do you know how long it would take for me to beat a Telltale game w/o the added incentive? A long while--it'd prolly be unbeaten and unfinished like a lot of other games.

IDK why you wouldn't want achievements in Telltale games? They run in the background and don't interrupt gameplay. Some devs don't even have the pop up notification, which I actually like.
Well I don't mind if they come in background, but I myself, don't have time to hunt for new achievements with all the games I have unfinished. So why would I want to hunt for achievements while I probably won't even finish it in a long time.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
They have achievements in these games on consoles and it's fine. So why not on iOS?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Well I don't mind if they come in background, but I myself, don't have time to hunt for new achievements with all the games I have unfinished. So why would I want to hunt for achievements while I probably won't even finish it in a long time.
Well, achievements can be anything completing tutorials, missions, levels, challenges, the whole game, etc. They can be kills, deaths, or an accumulation of using any other mechanic. They can be for finding hidden things in the game. They can be anywhere from super easy to quite challenging.

They also let me know that I played the game because I only check GC for games I want to go back and beat. Just like on Xbox they can be used to show others your accomplishments. Personally, I hope the next GC update puts more emphasis on this. Also, they give an added sense of accomplishment.

Like I said with Modern Warfare 2, I played online extensively for a long time but then it got boring as hell. You know what, the achievements that were put into the game were challenging and fun as hell. MW2 was the first game I had ever gotten 100% completion on.

Plus, like I asid I love to see the pop up GC banner. Hearing and seeing the banner on 360 was always pretty cool IMO.

It's one of those things like Pavarotti just said--why not? If ppl enjoy them and are more willing to buy your game then why not implement them? Plus, it's standard on 360 and some devs could bring achievements over but don't. Then there's companies like GL that just have to force GL live.