★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Award Winning Laser Game: Khet 2.0 with Artificial Intelligence Engine by Don Dailey!

Mensa Select Award winning board game & Toy of the Year 2011 finalist as an App Now!

Powered by the Artificial Intelligence Engine by Don Dailey (developer of KOMODO world's leading Chess Program)

It's the game that combines lasers with classic strategy. Players alternate turns moving Egyptian-themed pieces having two, one or no mirrored surfaces. All four types of pieces (pharaoh, anubis, pyramid and scarab) can either move one square forward, back, left, right, or diagonal, or stay in the same square and rotate by a quarter twist. Each turn ends by firing the real laser diode built into each player's Sphinx piece. The laser beam bounces from mirror to mirror; if the beam strikes a non-mirrored surface on any piece, it is immediately removed from play. The ultimate goal is to illuminate your opponent's pharaoh, while shielding yours from harm!

The Khet Rules: http://www.khet.com/rules.htm

You can buy the Real Khet at http://www.khet.com/store/index.html

FEATURES:
* Artificial Intelligence Engine by Don Dailey (developer of KOMODO world's leading Chess Program).
* 2 PLAYER mode to battle among friends to show them WHO OWNS THE GAME!!
* Thrilling difficulty levels like ANOOBIS, SCARAB, SPHINX, PHARAOH and KHET MASTER to provide perfect challenge.
* CLASSIC, DYNASTY, IMHOTEP - 3 unique arrangements ensuring exciting gameplay.
* Play with the invincible game engine to enhance your tactical skills.
* PUSH NOTIFICATION made available to inform player's turns.
* Interrupted games are instantly SAVED.
* Cutting-edge graphics with highly contrasting backgrounds.
* Stunning sound effects and striking interactions.
* Simple to use interface.
* Integrated Social Networking.
* All games get automatically saved and you can resume the game if you want so!

Pieces:
*PHARAOH has no mirrored sides, it is the most vulnerable piece of the game
*PYRAMID has one mirrored surface, it is mainly used for defence.
*SCARAB has two mirrored surfaces and hence cannot be eliminated.
*ANUBIS is weak at all sides but shielded from the front.
*SPHINX that fires lasers.

Rules:
* Every piece can either move one square in any direction or stay in the same square and rotate by a quarter twist.
* Use mirrored surfaces for reflecting laser beams off the pieces
* Non-mirrored sides are vulnerable to laser attacks.
* There are silver and red game pieces on board. Silver starts first.
* SPHINX at the corner of the board can make a quarter turn. It is the only immovable piece on the board.

NEW Version Features

* Completely revamped graphics
* Offline AI (No internet required)
* Display of AI thinking process
* Five atractively themed boards
* New coin design with a 3D look
* Total of five invincible difficulty levels to lure you to be a champion.
* Undo a move made with the computer and start from a new move (if you want so!)

Simple as that, this game demands strategic thinking from players. With every new move or turn, WATCH OUT, the lasers could even eliminate your own pieces.
Infinite possibilities, gripping gameplay and ever so entertaining this game is an INSTANT

Youtube: http://youtu.be/7LQJ8wnifRA

### REPORT A PROBLEM ###

If you have any kind of problem please write to our SUPPORT and avoid negative reviews as we cannot respond directly to reviews. We guarantee 24 hour response time.

***Like us on our Official Facebook Page.***

http://www.facebook.com/Schogini.Systems

Be in touch with us always.
01-26-2012, 04:32 AM
I really, really want to get this, but the ominous chance of no GC achievements has me cowering in fear.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

01-26-2012, 05:01 AM
I was really excited when I saw the title, but that dampened a lot when I saw that it wasn't universal and that there isn't an iPad app at all. I was looking forward to a fun two-players-on-one-iPad mode.
01-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
I was really excited when I saw the title, but that dampened a lot when I saw that it wasn't universal and that there isn't an iPad app at all. I was looking forward to a fun two-players-on-one-iPad mode.
IDK, maybe they didn't have the time or something. I've been looking at some info about universal and it's one of those time equals money things. It depends on the dev's outlook on universal sales--prolly the same with GC.

I still might get it just because it won a Mensa award, I'm still hoping someone will buy it and post impressions, so I can know if there are GC achievements.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Yeah, lack of game center is equally disappointing for this kind of game. But, I have eyed the real board game for a while now, and cost and space (I already have a bookshelf full of boardgames that don't get played all that often) have kept me from it. So a virtual version sounds ideal. But these strange omissions make me wonder if the devs understand what makes a mobile game work. I hope it is just a matter of wanting to get it published and then improving it based on user feedback.

If anyone does buy it, please do post your impressions. I might still buy it, but with Paper Monsters, Ant Raid, the new Where's My Water update and Frederic (which hopefully now works on iPad 1), I probably have enough new games to play this week, so I'll hold off for now. I am mostly interested in impressions on the single player mode. Would love same device multiplayer for this, but I wouldn't use online multiplayer.
01-26-2012, 06:34 AM
At least GC multiplayer is supported.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Yeah, lack of game center is equally disappointing for this kind of game. But, I have eyed the real board game for a while now, and cost and space (I already have a bookshelf full of boardgames that don't get played all that often) have kept me from it. So a virtual version sounds ideal. But these strange omissions make me wonder if the devs understand what makes a mobile game work. I hope it is just a matter of wanting to get it published and then improving it based on user feedback.

If anyone does buy it, please do post your impressions. I might still buy it, but with Paper Monsters, Ant Raid, the new Where's My Water update and Frederic (which hopefully now works on iPad 1), I probably have enough new games to play this week, so I'll hold off for now. I am mostly interested in impressions on the single player mode. Would love same device multiplayer for this, but I wouldn't use online multiplayer.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
At least GC multiplayer is supported.
Yeah, but I would probably play this a ton on single player before I even thought about playing MP.

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-26-2012 at 06:56 AM.
01-26-2012, 06:55 AM
How well does this play on the iPad with 2x magnification? I'm not all that fussed about slightly pixelated graphics, but my tolerance does have its limits. Strange that it's not universal; the iPad has been the perfect device for virtual boardgames.
01-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Awesome game!

You have to think as in chess and visualise the path of LASER.. sharpens & refreshes your brain!! Its also challenging to beat the CPU..

Game Designer, iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app developer
http://www.schogini.com
01-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Don Dailey's AI engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Agreed!

Yeah, but I would probably play this a ton on single player before I even thought about playing MP.
Yes, next week's update will have Don Dailey's AI engine integrated with 4 levels.

Full GC will be implemented next.

iPad version is on its way.

Regards,
Sree