★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MY LITTLE MONSTER is a retro-style monster simulator/RPG. Take care of your monster, train, buy high fashion hats, learn skills and take on the 31 unique enemies.

A story about love, loss and the urge to destroy the world

- Beautiful retro pixel graphics!
- Specially composed soundtrack!
- Charming cutscenes!
- Leaderboard!
- Achievements!
- A cute little Monster!

strivemind's comments:

Official Trailer

Gameplay
01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
looks irresistible .....anyone grab it?...I cant see myself feeding this monster in line at dunkin donuts at 6 am coffee rush...

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..

01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Downloading!

Update: Downloaded the game. You basically choose what to do day by day, to build stats, gain skills or buy stuff. then at the end of the day you go into battle.

quick impressions
-----
love the retro art.
hate the font, wished it were more legible. more contrast against the light bgs as well.
would love a confirm button when buying skills or choosing a training
back button a bit too low and small
game is interesting, will play more!

second update: Played Hatchi too but i think this game will make you think of what choices you make in training and paying attention in battle for those extra bonuses. back to playing more

Just fought a Go home sign. lol. Oh, you only have 3 lives.

Monster got bigger! *maybe shouldve gone the pokemon route and made you choose starting pet? even for cosmetic purposes only*

POTENTIAL EXPLOIT: pressing the your iOS device home menu button stops the game. you can essentially restart from the last save point you have before you got defeated. fyi. =)

Last edited by Kiven; 01-26-2012 at 10:44 AM.
01-26-2012, 10:20 AM
This looks awesome, and looks like it could be everything hatchi wasn't. Please post more impressions!

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
01-26-2012, 10:23 AM
See below

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 01-26-2012 at 11:09 AM.
01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Right well first this is looking pretty cool. It's not a virtual pet type game (no real time looking after your pet is required) you start and you have your main screen and it shows your stats etc. and if you have some money (yen) you can visit one of three locations dojo,gym or shop. At the dojo you can learn one of three new moves (for when your fighting) and each move can be levelled up. The gym is where you go to spend money in training which improves your stats health,speed,attack etc and finally the shop sells hats for your pet which have stat boosts attached to them.
So it works like this you start off and have 200 yen (i bought a new hat from the shop) then you press the button in the top right corner of the screen which ends the day, each day ends with a fight, the battles play out themselves ( just like minomonsters if anyone played that) there's icons that apear on screen for you to click and gain bonus money or XP, until you have bought your first skill an then power symbols apear aswell which fill (you guessed it) a power bar on the side of the screen and a special ability that you bought from the dojo cost so much power to use in battle. When you have collected enough power a button appears along the bottom of the screen. Click it to use your ability.

After a battle you get a break down of what happened and gain money and xp then when you go back to the main screen it's now day 2 and you carry on like this spending your money between rounds to upgrade your pet and then move to the next day. After a few rounds I came across a boss fight and after winning I moved on to chapter 2.

I'm not sure how many chapters there are but it says you ultimate goal is to destroy the world?!

Anyway it's looking like a fun little game and well worth a go if your interested in a virtual pet/minomonsters style game. For 69p
01-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I`ll give it a try. Expect the usual...
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh! Don't get to attached to your pet people. I just des covered its a high score chasing game! Every fight your winning is giving you a score for how much destruction you have done. But lose 3 fights and it's all over. So it's going to be about choosing the right place to put your stats and spending your money wisely if your wanting to see the end.
Although after beating a boss fight your multiplier goes up by 10% each time ań it looks like this increase stays with you even after starting a new game, so that means everytime start a new game you should get more money and xp getting further in each time.
Still a cool game though.
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Well, I like the idea of a highscore chasing game, but I don't like the idea that the better you do in previous runs, the easier it is to beat your score later with the 10% boost...

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
01-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Best pet game in a long time

I would recommend

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5