★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Royal Envoy (Premium) By Playrix ($2.99 -> FREE)

01-26-2012, 01:58 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Royal Envoy (Premium) By Playrix ($2.99 -> FREE)

PC Version:

Last edited by goiMot; 01-26-2012 at 02:14 PM.
01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Not showing up as free for me, hopefully this isn't only for certain regions.

I was actually just about to buy this yesterday out of no where so I would be very pleased to be able to get this for free today.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)

01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Look's like iphone version only... ipad is still $6.99.
01-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Nevermind it's free.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
01-27-2012, 06:55 AM
i totally forgot about this game! :0

*stabbing the download button*

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
01-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm really enjoying this but what I don't understand is the free version has an unlock full game option as IAP for $2.99 but so does the paid version. I have the feeling this premium version isn't so premium. Some of their other apps are like that too, Around the World in 80 Days for instance.

The game is still tons of fun though just like their match 3 game Call of Atlantis I just hope I don't hit a stop where I need to pay to keep playing.

01-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I'm really enjoying this but what I don't understand is the free version has an unlock full game option as IAP for $2.99 but so does the paid version. I have the feeling this premium version isn't so premium. Some of their other apps are like that too, Around the World in 80 Days for instance.

The game is still tons of fun though just like their match 3 game Call of Atlantis I just hope I don't hit a stop where I need to pay to keep playing.
Yeah it's really good. Just check around in their other premium games thread. Such queries have been asked and answered a number of times.

Apple: Iphone 4S - os 8.2/ Ipod touch 4G - os 6.1/ Ipad 2 - os 5.0.1
Android: LG G2 - os 4.2.2 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G - os 4.4.2
01-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzwen View Post
Yeah it's really good. Just check around in their other premium games thread. Such queries have been asked and answered a number of times.
I didn't really find much on it myself, at least nothing that made much sense. From what I could gather they put the app free for a day then added the IAP so customers would have to pay to unlock the rest of the game. But if that is the case I don't understand why they have a free version to begin with and then a paid "premium" version.

01-28-2012, 05:44 AM
That goes more and more weird indeed. Let's have another IAP detective lesson.

When you call the link for the Canadian App Store of Royal Envoy (Premium) on a Mac or PC…

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/royal-envoy-premium/id474704446?mt=8

…you can see a little table with „Top In-App Purchases—Full Game Unlock $2.99″. Please confirm that.

When you choose the little Austrian…

http://itunes.apple.com/at/app/royal-envoy-premium/id474704446?mt=8

…US…

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-envoy-premium/id474704446?mt=8

…German…

http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/royal-envoy-premium/id474704446?mt=8

…or international iOS App Store (without any country prefix in the url; actually it seems to be the US store)…

http://itunes.apple.com/app/royal-envoy-premium/id474704446?mt=8

…you won't see any IAPs mentioned in a tiny table or elsewhere (please confirm). I checked my (Austrian) version of the game (iPhone 4, latest iOS, never jailbroken) that I downloaded yesterday (no updates until then) and I couldn't find any IAP option inside the game (as well as in the iPad version that I've gotten when it was free in October 2011). I looked for it for 25 minutes, even played the first levels.

We all do know, don't we? Those little tables only show up in iTunes when at least one consumer/user bought the IAP—one of the stupidest inventions by Apple. So the US store is always (okay—mostly) the first one in world (simply because it's the most frequented App Store) that shows up the tiny IAP table.

The newest feint? Country specific IAPs?! For Canadians only? Read my lips: 75 % of the time on app reviewing I am wasting with IAP detective jobs. And I'll give up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I didn't really find much on it myself, at least nothing that made much sense. From what I could gather they put the app free for a day then added the IAP so customers would have to pay to unlock the rest of the game.
If that's the case we should put the dev on a watch list definitely.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 01-28-2012 at 05:59 AM.
01-28-2012, 05:55 AM
this game is not my cup of tea. i can tell it's well made, a lot of effort and thought were put into it. just, that this is not for me.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!