★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: War of the Dragon Lords

05-10-2009, 06:54 PM
War of the Dragon Lords

[App Store Link, 0.99]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Developer's Website
Help and Guide

Take command of your armies, and unleash the fury of the dragons upon your rivals. Seize land and resources in order to grow your empire. Only one Dragon Lord can survive. Do you have what it takes to reign supreme?

- Classic turn based combat. Seize territory to claim reinforcements.

- Dragon powers. Your ability to command the dragons enables you to unleash horrific destruction with a single command.

- Random maps. Over 4 billion possible maps to compete on.

- Up to 8 opponents. Play against the AI or engage your friends in a hot seat multiplayer battle.

Last edited by theone1007; 05-12-2009 at 09:08 PM.
05-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Looks like a Risk type game.
Lux touch is free...

05-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I was just going to post this, glad I check the forum before I submit

It looks like Strategery and Dice Wars. I wish they said more about the dragon powers cause that would sway my decision

At 4 bucks it's hard to justify buying it when I have Strategery and don't know what the differences are
05-10-2009, 07:00 PM
There should be a lite version soon.. their other 2 games have lite versions.
KDice is $1.99
05-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Oooo a solid risk style game could be fun!

Um ps I kinda like the artstyle!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Price Drop and more info

Hi Touch Arcaders,

Allow me to introduce myself... I'm Funky Swadling, from A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. Games. I'm the lead programmer on War of the Dragon Lords.

Sorry about the pricing confusion -- we had intended to launch with a special introductory price of 99 cents, but that didn't get get applied at launch time. I've fixed it now, so (if 99 cents isn't too much) please give the game a download and let us know what you think!

I wouldn't pay $3.99 for a launch title without knowing whether it's good or not, either! We figure that at 99 cents it might be worth the Risk (pun intended!)

If you're curious about the gameplay, it's extremely Dice Warsy, with a couple of neat twists. (skip this part if you're not familiar with Dice Wars):

1) A failed attack will reduce the defending stack by one unit, which allows you to break through an 8 stack if you have enough frontage to a territory.

2) Reinforcements come after all players have moved, rather than after each player. The reinforcement count is based on how many connected territories you had at the end of your turn, so if you lose some in the meantime you still get value from them.

3) Turn order changes each turn, ordered from lowest reinforcements to highest

4) There are two special territories: a CASTLE territory which gives you +1 unit to your defense roll, and a MAGIC territory which allows you to double up your dragon power

5) Coolest of all: Dragon Powers. Each turn you gain one point of Dragon Power (two points if you hold the MAGIC territory at the beginning of your turn) to a maximum of 5 points. You can use one Dragon Power per turn. Spend one point to remove one enemy unit from any territory, spend three points to remove one enemy unit from any territory and two units from a random adjacent territory, or use all five points to knock any territory (even an 8-stack) down to one unit and scorch the earth so no reinforcements are gained from the territory.

We've also done some (I think) pretty cool stuff with the graphics and interface -- abstracting the dice as an odds slider, letting you preview the odds, and we have neat animating units.

Anyway, enough from me... if you download it, I'd love to hear what you think!

If there are any further questions that you have, I'll do my best to answer them here.

Thanks for listening!

05-10-2009, 08:41 PM
That sounds amazing, I like the twist with special territories and Dragon Powers.

Now I just have to wait for the AppStore to refresh with the new price and I'll put up impressions and write a review on itunes
05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I hope the store refreshes tonight... I've seen it take a couple of hours sometimes :-(

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Sorry again about the price confusion...

05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Ooooo looks cool I will snipe it so I know when the price drop registers.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Funkyfresh Cecil View Post
Hi Touch Arcaders,
You sold me on the game. Will get it for 99 cents.
BTW Website needs updated. http://www.acronymonline.com/iphone