★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Final Run - 3D Driving and Vehicular combat game [Rotor Games]

01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Final Run - 3D Driving and Vehicular combat game [Rotor Games]

From youtube description:

For more information, visit: http://www.rotorgames.nl/finalrun/

Final Run is a third person action game. Combining elements of driving action, vehicular combat and exploration into one epic adventure!
Universal App; Buy once, install on all your iOS devices! Compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th Gen! And it comes with support for both the iCade and iControlpad, bluetooth accessoires to play the game with a controller.

Expected release mid-February!

Looks nice, interesting it has support for iCade and iControlpad, maybe native control for the nubs!

Also has zombies in it.

GC/GLLive:lumothesinner
Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man
01-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks Lumo! This is our account on TA!

This is the story synopsis!
Quote:
A catastrophic global epidemic has emerged, killing millions and infecting wide swathes of the populated world. Thanks to the speed of modern communications, the spread of the infection was contained. Now, for the most part, life goes on.

Bordering the containment area exists a no-man's-land known as "The Fringe". In this grey zone, only criminals and the insane dare to venture.

Kurt and Lee have just succesfully blown up the headquarters of their former leader, after stealing important research. They are now on the run, desperately trying to escape to the civilised world...

ROTOR GAMES dutch independent video game developer est 2010.

In development of "Final Run", 3D 3rd person driving action game for iOS since January 2011. Scheduled for release mid-February! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook!

Last edited by rotor; 01-27-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Updated to add story synopsis

01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
New screenshots online at http://rotorgames.nl/finalrun/ check it out!

By the way, we have a zombie contest going on! If you send a picture of yourself to us, we'll pick the best 2 and use our fans as zombies in the game! More details on http://www.rotorgames.nl/.

In development of "Final Run", 3D 3rd person driving action game for iOS since January 2011. Scheduled for release mid-February! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook!
02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
This looks like the thing I have been waiting for!! Hope everything is on schedule! Can't wait to hear more info.
02-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Everything is looking good, there's still some balancing to look at and some minor bugfixes!

Check out the screenshot of our zombie contest winner! http://p.twimg.com/AkxETrrCEAAx7u9.jpg:large

As it looks now we will release slightly later in Canada, we're still looking into an Australian release.

02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Nice, got an ETA on it?

How come its not going to be worldwide release, with canada and aus missing out?

Can't believe there isnt more attention for a twisted metal/vigilante 8 type game on ios. Looking forward to it

GC/GLLive:lumothesinner
Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Sorry Ludo, my bad! I think Canada and Australia will be fine!

By the way we were just testing character types for the game, it looks like we have everything in place to localise the game. I am pretty hopeful we will be able to fully localise to Dutch and German short term, hopefully at least French and Spanish if we get enough downloads for the game! I am personally really excited over this!

02-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Instant purchase for me, looks superb.

Just read the website, icade support (yesssss) and it seems iOS's version of Carmegeddon perhaps ?

Roll on next week
02-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Looks great! As psj3809 said, it's like Carmageddon for iOS!

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
02-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Is this coming out Thursday?