★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best Hidden Object Game

View Poll Results: Best Hidden Object Game
Yard Sale Hidden Treasures 12 44.44%
Cooking Quest 0 0%
Everest: Hidden Expeditions 4 14.81%
Buckingham Palace 3 11.11%
Hidden Items 0 0%
Sprill 4 14.81%
The Stone of Destiny 0 0%
Agents of Interpol 0 0%
Little Shop of Treasures 0 0%
Other 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll
05-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Best Hidden Object Game

As a kid, I always loved the books like iSpy, and where's waldo. I need a good HOG for my iPod. Suggestions would be great, thanks.

I just realized ispy is a perfect name for an iPod game =P

Please vote even if you only have one of these, but only if you liked the game.

Last edited by The Bat Outta Hell; 05-10-2009 at 11:27 PM.
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
There's that yard sale one, it just went on sale I believe, as well.

05-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah I was going to buy it but wanted opinions of the other games as well.
05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Everest: Hidden Expedition. 1.99 USD. Lots of nice sceneries to search in.

I've played Dream Chronicles -- it's beautiful with an interesting story and other puzzles in addition to finding things but a bit too easy.
05-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Omg I need one of these too. =] I love these,
05-10-2009, 09:59 PM
05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Sprill didn't cut it for me since many objects were recycled and dragging outside of the picture was nonsensical and alawar didn't plan on changing it so I'm looking for a different one now, with more variety, and no dragging into the black border.
05-10-2009, 10:44 PM
The first ever hidden objects game I played was Stone of Destiny. And I found it very boring and the objects hard to see/a bit too fuzzy. So it says a lot for my App Store feed addiction that I went on to purchase and play several more hidden object games which I enjoyed very much

Of the games listed in the poll I have played and finished Yard Sale, Everest Hidden Expedition, Buckingham Palace, Sprill, Little Shop of Treasures and the Stone of Destiny. I have started but not yet finished Cooking Quest and I have finished the lite version of a game not listed called Herod's Lost Tomb.

iTunes Link: Stone of Destiny
As I already stated, I didn't enjoy the Stone of Destiny. But a lot of people seem to like it.

iTunes Link: Little Shop Treasures
The Little Shop of Treasures is a polished game but for me pretty straight forward and I found it a little easy top play. But I remember the images being nice and clear and I remember the variety of items as being pretty good too.

iTunes Link Lite version : Buckingham Palace Lite
iTunes Link Full version: Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace was OK but I didn't think that there were enough hidden objects per scene. For example when the same scene was searched later in the game I was often looking for mostly the same items. In one example 7 out of 10 items were the same as they were earlier in the game for the same scene. And the puzzle components of the game were a strange mixture of difficulties. Some were super easy and some were much harder. And the layout of ingame information was annoying. Especially having to move letters you find that are clues around the screen in order to read them. And the font choosen for those letters was very hard to read. I don't regret my purchase of this game. I got enjoyment out of it. But I wouldn't give it 5 stars.

iTunes Link: Sprill.
I enjoyed playing Sprill. It's a long game that will take some time to complete. All the images are of high quality, each scene was large and there are plenty of items on each level. There are a few minor niggles (but no show stoppers for me - I didn't find the black border an issue for me), which are outlined in this thread on the game: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ghlight=sprill

iTunes Link Lite version: Yard Sale Lite
iTunes Link Full version: Yard Sale
I really enjoyed Yard Sale. There are plenty of different items to find and the story line was interesting. The only thing was I got sick of moving back and forth to sandpaper and paint items although I thought it was a clever idea just done a few too many times!

iTunes Link Lite version: Everest Hidden Expedition Lite
iTunes Link Full version: Everest Hidden Expedition
I enjoyed this game. If you are going to play this game please note that the only time limit or race part that seems to matter is the last scene! Win that and you will win the race. Even if you lost all the other scenes. It didn't matter that I completed all the other scenes well before the other teams had. When it came time to play the last scene we were all neck and neck .

iTunes Link Lite version: Herod's Lost Tomb Lite
iTunes Link Full version: Herod's Lost Tomb
I only played the lite version of this game. For some reason it did not entice me enough to want to get the full version. I can't even remember why that was!

iTunes Link Lite version: Cooking Quest Lite
iTunes Link Full version: Cooking Quest
I purchased this when it was first released. This was prior to the lite version. The images/scenes in this game cannot be zoomed as much as other games. So items are much smaller and therefore much harder to find. Also I keep accidently touching the option that activates a hint. There is no confirmation asked for when you use a hint. They cost $20 of your winnings on each scene and this impacts on the cooking part of the game where you purchase ingredients and create meals that need to impress the judges. The limited zoom and the purchasing of ingredients and cooking meals that are judged make this a harder game than others in the genre.
05-10-2009, 11:10 PM
I have to say Yard Sale, just based on Art Style and the fact that it got me, a guy who normally wouldn't care jack squat about home re-decoration, to actually get into painting and touching up furniture.

I think Everest is a close second, but Yard Sale just worked on all levels for me.

Twitter Page
05-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Snow_mani I can't thank you enough, fantastic info!