• Publisher: Zynga
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 47.1 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: The race is on to build the ultimate tower! Can you rise to the top?
Connect with friends and visit their towers
Customize your tower with retail stores, restaurants, apartments, and more
Outbuild world famous landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower
Help friends shop in your tower and sell them goods

Rate Dream Heights 5 stars in the App Store, so we can continue making exciting features and floors for you!

Like Dream Heights on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Dream.Heights.Zynga

Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. Collection and use of personal data are subject to Zyngas Privacy Policy. Both policies are available in the Application License Agreement below as well as at www.zynga.com. Social Networking Service terms may also apply.
01-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Wow,Tiny tower ripoff!!

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
01-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Jesus, it really is an exact copy, isn't it? They didn't even add anything that might have made someone like me play it - I don't understand why people enjoy Tiny Tower since, well, nothing ever happens beyond 'add new floor', 'move people in' and 'stock more goods'. If Zynga had actually stuck some proper animations in, people actually using the stuff that appears in every floor... but no, apparently they can't even do that.

Not intended as a troll - obviously it's a very slick reskin. But as far as I can see that really is all it is, and as someone who didn't care for the original I seriously doubt I'll ever wind up playing this.
01-28-2012, 08:31 AM
GOTY material.
01-28-2012, 08:49 AM
It's as if their marketing research showed that many liked the concept but were turned off by the retro pixel style graphics of Tiny Tower so they figured, why do anything but give it typical Zynga-ish cartoon graphics and be done with it. Seems their only "innovation" was to add in the player avatar like so many have requested in the Tiny Tower threads.

Zynga is to casual/social gaming what syphilis is to sex. You might have a good time for a while, but you're going to regret the choice later

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
01-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
It's as if their marketing research showed that many liked the concept but were turned off by the retro pixel style graphics of Tiny Tower so they figured, why do anything but give it typical Zynga-ish cartoon graphics and be done with it. Seems their only "innovation" was to add in the player avatar like so many have requested in the Tiny Tower threads.

Zynga is to casual/social gaming what syphilis is to sex. You might have a good time for a while, but you're going to regret the choice later
lol

Agree with the marketing strategy point. I won't be surprised if all the farmville and facebook lovers eat this up.

Not going to say much else about the game itself because I'm already known to hate this style of game, so anything else I would say would be ridiculously biased.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.
01-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't post here very often but this has brought me out of hiding. It's a disgrace that they can get away with this. It is a direct copy of Tiny Towers in every detail with spruced up graphics. I hope all self respecting gamers give this a wide berth.
01-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Agreed - a total disgrace. I will never play this blatant rip-off. This is intellectual thievery.

Jamie
01-28-2012, 09:41 AM
I totally agree that this is a shameless ripoff, however looking at the video there are tweaks on some of the "math" in the game (ex. TT sells items at 1,2,3 whereas this has different costs based on type 100, 200, 400). Also looks like bonuses can be gained by elevator riders taken to their preferred floors (I could be wrong about this).

Sine I've completed TT and it doesn't look like a significant update is coming and I enjoy this type of game, do you think it's wrong to play this free ripoff (especially if I will not be buying any IAP from it)? Opinions?