Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-28-2012, 05:42 AM

Default Dream Heights - (by Zynga)

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-14-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 06:48 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-28-2012, 07:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow,Tiny tower ripoff!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:54 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Jesus, it really is an exact copy, isn't it? They didn't even add anything that might have made someone like me play it - I don't understand why people enjoy Tiny Tower since, well, nothing ever happens beyond 'add new floor', 'move people in' and 'stock more goods'. If Zynga had actually stuck some proper animations in, people actually using the stuff that appears in every floor... but no, apparently they can't even do that.

Not intended as a troll - obviously it's a very slick reskin. But as far as I can see that really is all it is, and as someone who didn't care for the original I seriously doubt I'll ever wind up playing this.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:31 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

GOTY material.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

It's as if their marketing research showed that many liked the concept but were turned off by the retro pixel style graphics of Tiny Tower so they figured, why do anything but give it typical Zynga-ish cartoon graphics and be done with it. Seems their only "innovation" was to add in the player avatar like so many have requested in the Tiny Tower threads.

Zynga is to casual/social gaming what syphilis is to sex. You might have a good time for a while, but you're going to regret the choice later
Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
It's as if their marketing research showed that many liked the concept but were turned off by the retro pixel style graphics of Tiny Tower so they figured, why do anything but give it typical Zynga-ish cartoon graphics and be done with it. Seems their only "innovation" was to add in the player avatar like so many have requested in the Tiny Tower threads.

Zynga is to casual/social gaming what syphilis is to sex. You might have a good time for a while, but you're going to regret the choice later
lol

Agree with the marketing strategy point. I won't be surprised if all the farmville and facebook lovers eat this up.

Not going to say much else about the game itself because I'm already known to hate this style of game, so anything else I would say would be ridiculously biased.

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-28-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I don't post here very often but this has brought me out of hiding. It's a disgrace that they can get away with this. It is a direct copy of Tiny Towers in every detail with spruced up graphics. I hope all self respecting gamers give this a wide berth.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 AM

Agreed - a total disgrace. I will never play this blatant rip-off. This is intellectual thievery.

Jamie
Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I totally agree that this is a shameless ripoff, however looking at the video there are tweaks on some of the "math" in the game (ex. TT sells items at 1,2,3 whereas this has different costs based on type 100, 200, 400). Also looks like bonuses can be gained by elevator riders taken to their preferred floors (I could be wrong about this).

Sine I've completed TT and it doesn't look like a significant update is coming and I enjoy this type of game, do you think it's wrong to play this free ripoff (especially if I will not be buying any IAP from it)? Opinions?