★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DVO
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 92.3 MB
  • Version: 1.10
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.8 (4)
App description: ====================================
Thank you for all DvO fans. Please contact us by email or review about game-related inquires. We will respond as quickly as possible.

E-Mail : dvomeforyou@gmail.com

- Game Reviews

"DvO is creative. Although it seems a small game, but it's very puzzle, enjoyable, challenging, retro-styled. People who think is the most clever of the world can try it. It won't depress you"-best10app.com

"It's sort of like a mini Warcraft 3!!! Super fun , the game has no bugs and you can play for a long time , great game." - by Otoko Yama

"One of the best defense meets planet vs zombies games on the market. Very addicting and fun.. Absolutely awesome!" - by Apocracy

"The game is challenging, fun, addictive, and well worth the cost. I only wish other TD delivered like this. It's like an advanced plants vs zombies." - by CaptCaveman1

- Synopsis
In a dark world, power hungry the Dark Lord Rat uses hypnotized Orcs as he embarks on a mission of world conquest. His influence is spreading through the world as villages of Dwarves are sacked at an alarming rate. Finally, the Dwarves form a resistance to fight off the invading Orcs.

- Game Mode
1. Dwarf and Orc Adventure Mode includes 7 stages, 6 levels per stage, 42 levels.
2. Quick Play mode will be able to play a specific level.

- Unit
1. Dwarfs: Workers, Warriors, Archers, Mages, Shield units, etc. (all 29 units)
2. Orcs: Wokers, Warriors, Archers, Mages, Shield units, etc. (all 27 units)
3. Stage Unit: Each of the 7 units will appear in specific stages and attacks players units.
4. Skill Unit: Light, Fire, Wind, Magic Lamp, etc., are useful for game play.

- Version Update Information

- Version 1.8
1. Supported GameCenter
2. Updated Game Background Image

- Version 1.7
1. Adjust the game balance.

- Version 1.6
1. Fixed Bugs
2. Adjust the game balance.

- Version 1.5
1. Added Unit Upgrade Function (Max 8 Level)
2. Added Game Difficulty Mode(Easy, Normal, Hard, Hell)
3. Unlocked Orc Unit Play
4. Unlocked Quick Play Mode
5. Added Inventory Menu (Quick Item, Exchange to mineral from game money)
6. Added Quick Item(Health Potion, Ultra Health Potion, Cooltime Zero, Cooltime Speed 2X)
7. Adjust the game balance.

- Version 1.4

- Version 1.3
2. Removing memory leaks (Ending page)
3. Saving the game speed option

- Version 1.2
1. Supported Easy Mode
2. Supported Fast Game Speed Mode (x1.5, x2)

- Version 1.1
1. Supported high resolution for iPhone 4/4S
2. Units to speed up
3. Korean language support
4. Improve user requests
01-28-2012, 06:45 PM
That actually look like a good game, is it sort of 2d rts?

GC - Eldyth

01-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I`ll give it later a try. Currently searching for a Trailer about it to see if I can find out more about it.
01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
I'll need to see a video before pulling the trigger.
01-28-2012, 07:28 PM
I will pull the trigger because I'm bored.
01-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
I will pull the trigger because I'm bored.
cant wait for your impressions
01-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
cant wait for your impressions
I should have them in 10-20 minutes.
01-28-2012, 07:43 PM
No IAP. This is the full game.

I don't usually care or read the story in strategy/tactic games, but this one is a real gem (some sarcasm):

Dark Lord Rat hypnotized Orcs and embarks on world conquest. Dwarves form resistance to fight off invading Orcs... Genious

Lane based castle defense.

There are 5 lanes. Units cannot change lanes after being sent.

Crystals spawn in the middle of the battlefield. Miners must be dispatched to mine the crystals for income. Crystals decay when mined, new crystals will spawn after piles have been depleted.
Miners are refunded once they have no more available crystals before them.

The battles set this game apart from its peers. There is a unit cap which limits the maximum number of units each side can have on screen, including miners. What does this suggest? NO TURTLING and players will have to use some tactics! Of course, as the screenshots show, this cap will be increased over time but players will still need to consider where and what units to deploy.

Game comes with your usual assortment of units: miner, shielded tanks, ranged attackers, melee warriors etc. Units are not upgradeable. I like them plain and packaged as an end product but others may beg to differ.

Overall, this is yet another castle defense game, but a highly polished and playable one. The absence of IAP makes this by default better than those that do feature IAP.

Well animated units, with fluid animations and great unit design. Don't think I've seen better animation and unit design in a castle defense game.

*I believe there is no retina display as I can examine pixels on text (if I look hard enough) and everything other than the units look blurry.
Atmospheric symphonic/folk-ish soundtrack. Sounds very pleasant to my ears.

Highly authentic sound effects. Crisp, striking sound for mining, crunchy sound of attacks and satisfying crumble of forts make for a good audio experience.

Last edited by gunxsword; 01-28-2012 at 08:31 PM.
01-28-2012, 07:55 PM
thanks . im gonna pick this up.

Last edited by eAdvisory; 01-28-2012 at 08:34 PM.
01-28-2012, 08:07 PM

Steak & Potatoes.