★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The 1994 cult classic RPG returns with updated widescreen graphics and touchscreen controls! When your peaceful kingdom is attacked on your wedding day and your wife-to-be is kidnapped, it falls to you to stop the terrible machines of war that threaten to lay waste to the world.

FEATURES:
- User selectable difficulty makes this title great for both beginners and RPG veterans
- Compelling and engrossing story
- Nearly ten minutes of animated cutscenes
- Auto-save feature allows you to play in small increments
- Over 100 enemies and a dozen challenging bosses
- Over 90 expansive areas to explore

chrisb3's comments:
Get it here if your iTunes updates is not picking it up.

Just a note. The update says August 4, 2008, but it just showed up tonight.

08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
What does it mean when it says, "Update it on iTunes or the App Store or your saved games may be erased"? Isn't there an App Store on the iPod touch/iPhone, too? I'm just saying because I got really far and I don't want to do it all over again.

08-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokidtech View Post
What does it mean when it says, "Update it on iTunes or the App Store or your saved games may be erased"? Isn't there an App Store on the iPod touch/iPhone, too? I'm just saying because I got really far and I don't want to do it all over again.
when you update from itunes it creates a backup before installing the new version. It might be that the Vay update will overwrite the current version and the save won't transfer over.

after all that work I wouldn't risk it though
08-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokidtech View Post
I updated on the App Store's little 'updates' tab and it was fine.

According to someone I asked -- who's very familiar with the OS internals -- if you do it that way, the iPod will preserve your data. If you go straight to the game and re-install (or even worse, deinstall and then reinstall), there are no guarantees.
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Well, thanks for the advice. I just decided to risk updating Vay through iTunes, and thank God it worked, my game was still saved.
09-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Hmmm when I clicked on the FREE button via TouchArcade it took me to the appstore where it says .99
09-20-2012, 10:34 PM
4 year bump. Is this a record?

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
09-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Apparently I missed the free sale by 10 minutes
😢 ah well! Back to LUNAR!
09-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Nug View Post
Apparently I missed the free sale by 10 minutes
😢 ah well! Back to LUNAR!
LOL... did you just cheap-out for $0.99?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
LOL... did you just cheap-out for $0.99?
Hey! That's half a McChicken!

DBC

I could never give up.