★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Angry Piggy

01-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Angry Piggy

Did Angry Piggy get taken out of the app store? I kind-of liked it, but I was surprised that Apple allowed it since they appeared to be totally pretending like they were the same guys that wrote Angry Birds. The game was a totally different mechanic, but the intro seemed like it was a continuation.
01-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Getting so sick of seeing the word "Angry" in the new releases... It's not going to make you rich!!

I guess they tried to make out like it was an Angry Birds sequel with the pig's revenge? I dunno... Some just use the word Angry because they want to appear in an Angry Birds search, others make poor Angry Birds clones, or cheap stuff like 'Angry Birdies', it's getting frustrating and is going to scare customers away from the new releases page eventually...
01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Ya, I agree with the overuse of the word Angry. What I really wanted to know is even if this was called Pac Pig (it was a pacman type game) would Apple have removed it anyway. You would have had to see the intro to know what I'm talking about. It looked so much like Angry Birds intro animation is was spooky. After that the game play was completely different.
01-29-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BbTdlsgd4M <- Is this it?

It is kinda ripping off the characters, isn't it? It might have gotten away with it with a different name, but it's stupid in how close it is, clearly trying to cheat people out of their money. I mean the fricken' title has him slingshotting at birds...! Heh.